“Ok, good access to Methodist Charlton”

Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Duncanville
Midland, Texas
“Ok, good access to Methodist Charlton”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at physician recommendation for a procedure at close-by Methodist Charlton. Good news is we got an excellent rate. This is a standard HIE. Rooms big and clean. High def channels. Breakfast was nice enough. Immediate neighborhood a tad spotty (next door is a boarded up former drive-through liquor store). Wi-fi is unreliable. Pool is nice, though the " fitness center" is bad: 3 pieces of equipment, one of which was out of order, no towels. All in all, acceptable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Elijah R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel we appreciate all of the feedback and will use all the information to continue to improve our hotel. We look forward to your continued patronage, thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tiffin
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very clean and spacious room, quiet with lots of restaurants near by. Friendly staff. Only problem was that the entrance to the parking lot is on an entrance ramp, I missed it the first time :( If you have a GPS you won't have a problem :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Elijah R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out a review, we appreciate all of your kind words. We are glad you were able to locate us, and enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you again in your future travels, please let us know if we can help you in any way with future reservations.
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've stayed in A LOT of Holiday Inn Expresses. My room here was arguably the nicest one I've found so far....actually nicer then the majority of Crown Plaza rooms I've stayed in. Place was whisper quiet and there are a variety of restaurants nearby. Staff came across as rather stoic, but were helpful nonetheless.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor, and had plenty of hot water and water pressure.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on tripadvisor for the Holiday Inn Express Duncanville. We appreciate all the kind wordsand look ford to seeing you again!
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed 16 January 2014

An average HI Express. Good room, not too noisy, and decent price.

The one exception...and it's a good one...was the breakfast room attendant. What a delight! Being greeted with a big smile and a cheerful good morning is great way to start the day!

Room Tip: There is some road noise so ask for one away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Elijah R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to fill out a survey for the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Duncanville, TX. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your return.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed on 10/11/13 to celebrate our daughter's 13th b-day. It started with the inaccurate room reservations, receiving a COMP room from Tasha misidentifying herself as a Manager, being checked out of the room that was supposely COMP for another day, staff stealing personal and expensive items from the room, Valeria admitting the housekeeping staff stole the items, contacting the local police to file a report and charges to the end result NO management contact, follow-up or reasonable accommodation to resolve all these inappropriate and unprofessional incidents from his staff. The night front desk clerk made every attempt to fix her co-workers mistakes, locate one item from my "stolen" belongings and even printing a receipt from my stay that I never received. This was the WORST experience I have ever encountered at a hotel stay and would not advise my worst enemy to book reservations or visit this location! I feel so VIOLATED, angry, frustrated and for a better taste of words - FURIOUS that Holiday Inn would allow their employees to steal from their guest and have no consequences or return any stolen items. THE SERVICE AND STAY IS AWFUL......

Room Tip: "If you desire Holiday Inn accommodations, try another location in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area!&q...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cedar Hill T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Cedar Hill T,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Duncanville hotels

Southern States
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here on othr visits to area, I was happy when I viewed my travel plans.....wrong!!!! This has been one trip from hell. It started out with a concussion on a wierdly placed soap dish at eye level to be told too bad, no insurance here. They were nice enoughto upgrade me on point room choice, but that just meant more space for thigs to go wrong. The toilet stayed clogged. The sink in the wet bar never drained. The pillows had visible chunks of foam (whatever happened to HIE wonderful pillows?). The television (or cable never worked aboved channel 4 (limiting viewing pleasure!) When the signal on tv was coming in, only half the screen worked. The air conditioner had to be replaced day 2 as it didnt work. The shower drained so slowly I stood in inches of water until it finally stopped working.They had no stand by immenities,ie sewing kit,toothbrush. The hot tub had no dial, so unless you brought pliers with you, too bad. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Management didnt care. When Kieth was shown my injuries, he literally shrugged his shoulders and returned behing the partition. All complaints about things not working were "made note of" and never passed on. Maintenance leaves at 5, so get your work orders in early. A standard answer was we can move you to another room. 12 times in one month? No thanks. I noticed in the prep area for breakfast that the uncooked cinnamon buns were kept on floor at room temp.....health department are you listening? The list just goes on, and staff either just doesnt care, or, they just dont care. Upon entering lobby, an overflowing ashtray greets you, in addition to ground around it being littered with butts. The place just never felt clean up to HIE usual standards. It just amazes me that with all these issues, night shift still had time to either sit in lobby and watch tv or sleep behind partition. Either way, this visit ensures I dont need to spend my money at this chain any more. And as a final note, if there is a response from an "agent" to this post, you are just as guilty. Even though a serious injury ocurred on one of your properties, and a case number was issued, no one has bothered to follow up with me. Too bad, I really liked this place.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear franklinmilford,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncanville, TX . I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Longview Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I booked this room through priceline express deals. One of the drawbacks for doing that is you don't get to choose the room. Well my husband and I are not smokers and we were given a smoking room. The room was clean but reaked of smoke. The hotel was full so they did not have a non smoking room to change us to. The staff was friendly and apologized for the inconvenience. Breakfast buffet was not that good. Location was ok. I doubt I will choose to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncanville
Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar Hill
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville? Share your experiences!