“Not terrible” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Eagle Pass
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
“Not terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

All hotels are over priced in Eagle pass. IMHO. I stayed here the first night that I was here. It was a little cheaper than some others. The Man behind the counter, sorry I can't remember His name, was very friendly. The room was not terrible, but did not make you feel very clean. This is not the worst place I have stayed by far, but unless it's ALOT cheaper than a nicer place, I would spend a few extra bucks. It looked like the housekeepers did the best they could with the older carpet. The room did have a fridge and microwave. If it was 25 bucks cheaper than the Best Western, I would probably stay here again. Otherwise, I would spend the extra money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bastrop, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Room was clean staff very courteous and attentive. Cheaper price then other hotels that were closer to the Casino but the America Best value inn wasn't that far from the casino like a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dugsgr8t
Hurst, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We got a group rate, which moved the rating to Average. This is an old Super 8, now ABVI. Everything works, water is hot, internet is good, but the place is just starting to show the lack of real maintenance. We stay with a large group of dove hunters, some with pets, so our options are limited. However, for the price it isn't bad. I have a problem with the HARD beds...and I usually prefer to stay at Comfort Suites because of the pillow top beds. Stay here is you can't afford other places.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David76054
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

I have no complaints. It is an older establishment but the only way you can tell is that the bathroom tile looks older. Really nice staff, bed was fine, free breakfast in the morning and something sweet in the afternoons. There is a microwave and a small fridge, ironing board, hair dryer and a nice flat screened tv. Next time, I will take a coffee pot or some instant coffee. because I like to have my coffee before getting dressed and it was a pain to have to go to the office for coffee.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mslg
rubenreyes, Manager at Welcome Inn- Eagle Pass, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
I am ver happy to see that ypu enjoyed your stay, I hope that you return and give us the opertunity to serve you again.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

My mom and I stayed here for 3 nights while we visited the sites, especially Kickapoo Casino. The frontdesk staff were very friendly and helpful. Everytime I called the front desk, I was greeted cordially and helped immediately. The manager, Maricela was especially friendly and always greeted us with a smile. We especially loved the free breakfast of tacitos which were so good and warm. The breakfast also included a variety of cereals, muffins and bagels, toast and waffles. We also divulged in the free cake which was offered in the afternoon. YUM! The room was quite clean and also nice. We had a microwave and a portable fridge which we used for our snacks and drinks. The only negative was that the shower head was a bit slow and the pillows were rather flat. But we will definitely stay here again (bring my own pillow though) The price was reasonable and not far from the mall and other places to shop. Oh, there was also a very clean pool, but we didn't use it. This is a good place for a family stay. Thank you.
Lupe Harvey

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Lupe21
I am ver happy to see that ypu enjoyed your stay, I will let my staff know of the wonderful job that they have done, and I hope that you return and give us the opertunity to serve you again.

Oklahoma City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2010

I visit Eagle Pass/Piedras Negras every year around May and stayed here last year. It has definitely gone downhill! Last year I stayed downstairs and the room was spotless.
THIS year however, I stayed in an upstairs room and the toilet seats and bathtub were stained. And the room had a yucky musty smell everytime we walked in. It was just generally gross. Only good thing is the pool was clean and the breakfast taquitos are still good.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
I am so sorry to read that your stay was less than enjoyable, I have noted all of your comments and have spoken with my staff to make certain that this does not happen again and that all of the issues that you mentioned have been resolved. I hope that you return and give is the opertunity to show you that we know and understand the tru meaning of guest services.

Travellers are raving about these Eagle Pass hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

The toilet bowl had stains, the tub drain was rusted, the table had greasy food spots. The door had a big gap around it......did not feel secure even with it locked. Only one small bar of soap and one face cloth in the room. I don't think that the room has been thoroughly cleaned in a very long time. Wish I would have thought to take pictures, because if I had seen some of these things in posted pictures, I would not have made a reservation here!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, I have talked to my staff, and have retrained our housekeeping department. I hope that you return and give us the opertunity to better serve you in the near future.