“Party Central...even on a Tuesday night”

Holiday Inn Express Eagle Pass
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Eagle Pass
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed here during a business trip in April. I would have given the hotel a higher rating because the location was good, everything was clean and my room was nice. However at 11 pm I had to call the front desk to report on the level of noise coming from the pool area AND the person sitting on my first floor windowsill talking on his cell phone, who didn't take the "hint" when I asked him to go somewhere else. I was told the noise was "just the wind." Evidently "the wind" says "CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!" The person at the front desk told me he would take care of it. When the noise continued I called the front desk again and offered to make the same amount of noise when I woke up at 5 am. Then I noticed the noise abruptly stopped.

I cannot recommend this hotel for business travel. Limiting my sleep for a business trip to less than 6 hours is ridiculous. My complaints were not out of the ordinary. It was 11 pm and I was not staying at a frat house. However I was treated as though I should have just joined the partiers and ignored the fact that I was there for business, in spite of me telling them so.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool if you plan on sleeping.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Eagle Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Shutter_Bug,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We value your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the outside noise may have caused during your stay. I definitely understand the importance of getting a good nights sleep. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I had to go on a business trip that took me to Eagle Pass, Texas this time. So I made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express in town. I have stayed at many of the IHG properties throughout the United States and a few overseas in Europe. What turned out to be the “Unexpected Pleasure” was the Front Desk Clerk that checked me in Yessenia Bermea. I would say she has been one of the best I have had the pleasure to meet. She was very professional and accommodating to make sure I was well informed of the local restaurants and local attractions in the area. I think what made the difference was the excitement and enthusiasm in which she described each place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Norma C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Eagle Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for being our guest! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I'm glad our front desk staff was able to provide the best customer service to you. Your kind words will be passed along to the staff. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Again, we thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express in Eagle Pass.

We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

GM

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed this stay..our room was huge and needless to say that it was clean and smelled so good ....i love a place that smells good ..i was very satisfied...i recommend this hotel to everyone that visits eagle pass

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ng012582
Norma C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Eagle Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our houskeeping staff.

Our main goal is to provide the best customer service to all of our guest.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I had a week long business trip to Eagle Pass and was really impressed with the establishment. I was a little nervous considering how expensive the equipment was my room was unoccupied. But I spoke with the service staff and front desk and everything was taken care of. The room was very clean and the beds were quite comfy. Exactly what I needed to recover from the work I had that week. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay and great hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael C

Thank you for being our guest! We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Holiday Inn
Express in Eagle Pass, Texas.

We understand that you have a choice and we appreciate that you selected our hotel for your lodging needs.

We are committed to proving the very best quality and customer service.

We look forward in having you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

This hotel is GREAT! We always stay here, and will continue doing so because everything is always perfect. From the breakfast options, to the cleanliness, to the helpful staff, this feels like a five-star hotel!
**The only negative thing I can say is - that by posting this review, I may find myself searching for another hotel because everyone will be staying here because it's so great! ** This hotel could be a training platform for 5-Star hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HFMDave

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service.

Your kind words will be shared with all of our staff.

We look forward in seeing you at our hotel.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

This property is extremely well maintained. From check-in until check-out, you feel that you are in a much more expensive establishment. The staff is extremely courteous and efficient. This is the only place that will stay in when my travels take me to Eagle Pass.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jim080745
Norma C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Eagle Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Your kind words will be forward to our staff. It gives us great pleasure to have your great comments.

We look forward to your future stay with us,

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Breakfast was wonderful, staff was pleasant and helpful. I had a great time. The beds were comfortable and the rooms weren't confined in any manner. The pool was in an ideal spot. I wish I had used the spa facilities, but I don't know they had any.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for being our guest. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Eagle Pass, Texas.

We are committed to providing the best customer service to all of our guest.

Our goal is to make our hotel your home away from home.

We thank you for your kind words and we look forward in serving you.