“Very nice hotel”

Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Eagle Pass
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My mom and i were very impressed with this hotel. The room was huge. The beds were big and comfortable. Everything was clean and looked new. The view was of the roof, but there is not much to see in Eagle Pass anyway, so we didnt mind. We didn't win big at the casino, but we never really do. They had a night club that played really good music. I read that there was wi-fi in the rooms, but when i tried to connect, i guess i needed a code. I didn't bother with the wi-fi. For some reason, my cell phone worked faster and better than it ever has. I didnt need the wi-fi. The cigarette smoke in the casino can get to me at times and I have to stand outside to get some fresh air. I hope there will be a non-smoking section coming soon. But for the most part, we had fun and will definitely be coming back and bring family/friends.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor. It was pretty quiet. The a/c can get pretty cold but the blankets are th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LISA C

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The rooms at this hotel are spacious, have a fridge and coffee maker. Great place to relax.
New firm beds. Numerous channels on flat screen TV's. Casino is great and has several restaurants including a buffet. Buffet was over priced for what you get, but taste of food was good

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srosenb567
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I read a lot of different reviews on this hotel and casino. Some were good and some not so good. We were very happy with our room. The room was large, the bed had new clean linens and the bathroom was very clean with nice amenities. We had dinner in the Sage Steakhouse. The food was excellent. The only negative was we made a reservation for 8:00. We arrived at the door at 7:50 and were told to come back in ten minutes even though they were taking walk up customers. There were at least 10 empty tables around us which were never filled so I believe we could have been seated at 7:50. The casino was very kind to us. We will definitely go back for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

There are 5-6 slot machines that constantly pay out. It is up to the customers to figure them out. My wife and I have won $8000, $4800 and $6500 the last three times we stopped by the casino. If you think you are going to hit a jackpot by only playing $20 a machine, you are clueless. It takes money to make money. I put $800 in one machine before I hit the $2500 jackpot. Most of the machines we play take anywhere from $100-$300 to start seeing decent returns. Rarely are there two machines side by side that both win. Remember that and you're half way to winning. When you win up to $300 take it out and put another $20, $50 or $100 back in. If you don't the machine will take back everything it payed you in the $300. Play cheap, win cheap.

The hotel is an awesome place to stay and sleep. The Mezquite restaurant had the best breakfast buffet that I have ever experienced. The only negative is that the majority of the staff have personalities of a wet sponge. They act like "we as customers" are infringing on their time. The only group that even smiles is the cash ticket counter staff and that probably is because they are tipped. Staff make or break a casino. Don't feel welcome and most will never come back.

Room Tip: This is not Vegas. Don't expect it to be. It is in the middle of nowhere so somethings are lacki...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Nick L
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed one night at the hotel the weekend prior to the 4th of July. We were very impressed by our king size room! The room was huge and extremely clean. The hotel is relatively new and rooms are decorated very tastefully. The bathroom was spacious. The bed seems a little high for short people but it was very comfortable. Don't expect to have a room with a view. We were barely in the room since most of our time was spent in the casino--which by the way has been greatly improved after their expansion and renovation! We had a pleasant and enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ylanda C
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Me and my dad booket a handicap room and the lady on the phone be here at 4 clock and are room was ready till 5 clock so we had to wait a hour and that was very nice when they told us be here at 4 because the. Room would be ready but it was not so we had. To wait and that was very good server to me James

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jameslparks
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great room clean and friendly staff. I was given an upgrade, due to the double I requested was not available and received a king suite at the same price, which was awesome, and everyone was very helpful.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family