“A place to stay on outskirts of Austin”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is currently under renovations. During my visit there was work being done in the public spaces most of the day. Room was pleasant and updated, although there were still touchups needed (I was told they were making their way through the rooms to complete minor details). Parking is a problem! Returning late at night there were no parking spots left and signs specifically prohibit parking in adjacent retail parking. I ended up parking in the staff parking spot with their permission.

Complimentary breakfast was standard for Holiday Inn Express but offered plenty of choices.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear KCSunshine21,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our rooms and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding parking arrangement. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Arrived in Elgin at this Holiday Inn Express late on a Friday night for a firearms training class the next day. Check in was very quick and the desk clerk was pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a good night's rest. Breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast although the bagels were a bit dried out. I will be staying here again in the future and would recommend the hotel to others staying in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Elgin-HIEX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Although I was being attacked by crickets. The hotel staff I must say was a joy. The manager Joyce Harvey, was very kind and just gave off a great vibe. Another I must point out is the front desk clerk Samantha she was very understanding of the issue I had with the crickets and related to also being terrified of them. She moved me to a different room and asked if there was anything else I needed? I replied no and she said if you need anything else just let me know. Overall my stay was a joy. I will be returning to this location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I want to start by saying that the staff did the right thing and refunded my money but this review needs to be out there. If you are in the Elgin area...you really don't have much choice but this Holiday Inn. When we walked into our room..the first thing we noticed were bugs. They were everywhere! In the bathroom there was one in the toilet, one on the bath tub, one on the sink, one on the shelf and two on the floor.

We had spent the day at the Celtic Music Festival and were pretty tired so we just moved the dead bugs around and showered up...decided to watch some college football and relax a bit. Strike two: The TV didn't work properly. The picture was so bad you couldn't tell which team was Notre dame and which team was Michigan. I called the front desk to see if the cable was messed up in the area...she said no. I informed her that our TV wasn't working properly and she said “Try jiggling the wires”… didn’t work. She said it would be a while before she could come look at it because she had several other rooms she was “working on”. I decided to just make the best of it..watch the terrible picture and relax on the bed. A bug flew and landed on my leg. At this point I’m really not liking Holiday Inn so I pull the sheets back to get under them and there was strike 3…. Another kind of bug IN THE BED.
I call the front desk and get no answer after 20 rings so I take the elevator down and find a note stating they are away from the desk..call this number for assistance …so I called the number and Samantha answers. I tell her I need to move to another room because there are so many bugs in mine and she says that they hotel is completely booked and moving me is not possible. Now I’m stuck here…225 miles away from home in a room overrun with bugs and a broken TV. She said she would “zero out my bill” so I wouldn’t be charged. In the morning when I checked out I verified that I would not be charged and I guess that’s all they could do for me.
This hotel needs some help.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank STUNTS4FILM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear STUNTS4FILM,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I only spent one night here for work. The room (102) was large, clean and had a ridge and microwave. The breakfast is average for a place like this. That being said, every employee I met or spoke too was above and beyond friendly.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cassyt

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Wonderful bed, desk staff can usually be found on bench by driveway, this is a no-smoking building. The halls are in construction mode and the fitness room is gutted. Give it a couple of months. Breakfast was typical for hotels of the price and area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hsvillager

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Enjoyed my stay with Holiday Inn Express in Elgin, Tx. May 30- Jnue 1, 2012. Even though there is construction happening, every person employed there was friendly and helpful, from Joyce the manager, (who helped me find Zillow information), the housekeeper, the weekend breakfast lady and a young man who helped me retrieve coins from the pop machine. Enjoyable place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin? Share your experiences!