“Very good”

Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Ennis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our first ever drive in, it was very good and the quality of the picture and audio was very good.
The location is good and easy to get too if staying in Ennis.

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Had so much fun here. Only way to watch scary movies! We live about 5 hours away and are considering making the drive again just because it was such an awesome experience!!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

It's great fun to go to the Galaxy Drive-in. There are plenty of screens and the price is a bargain at $6, which gets you two shows. I like to go on weeknights as weekends are crowded. Especially fun is taking your own folding lawn chairs and sitting in front of your car, under the stars. I turn my SUV around, open the back, place the chairs at the back, and adjust the speakers to the back of the car. It works great! The movie audio is played on FM radio as well as on the old movie speakers that can hang on the car window.

Don't try and take your own food as the owner doesn't allow it. Instead show your support by buying concessions. They are inexpensive compared to indoor theatres. The popcorn and drinks are fine. The hamburgers are small. I think the owner should offer more dinner fare at a higher price as I think people would be receptive.

This is a good place to take a date for a unique experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

It was not my first time at a drive in theater, but it was for my husband and my 2 year old. In fact, this is a great place to take a toddler when you have no idea how he will act in the indoor movie theater! Now we know we will probably have to wait a couple years before that little ball of energy can go anywhere BUT a drive in movie!! It was jam packed, as Galaxy sold out the night we went on every screen, but we had a great time even parked in the very back (which happened to be right next to the concession stand and bathrooms!) This was our first visit to Galaxy, but it won't be our last. I was glad to be there on a night they did so well! I loved it, it was just like the drive in I went to when I was a little girl. We'll be back again and again!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Love the drive in! We have been several times since our kids were younger and now they are teens, and we still love to do it as a family night. We love the fact they have added more stuff, and we love the food here too. Bathroom lines and food lines can get long on a major weekends during intermission, however the last few times we have went they seem to be moving the lines faster and faster.

1  Thank 1234travel1234