“This place was AWFUL!!!!!! Managment was very RUDE!!! Refused Refund”
Review of Fabens Inn

Fabens Inn
Fabens Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fabens
San Jose, California
“This place was AWFUL!!!!!! Managment was very RUDE!!! Refused Refund”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I checked in and not even 5-10min after i got into my room i saw what looked like a roach crawling on the side of the bed as i lifted the comforter not to mention what looked like bed bug stains on the mattress. I quickly covered the bug with a cup to show management. She went first into the room without waiting for us to go with her and brings the cup out and says there is nothing in there. The male merchant then started badgering and yelling at my mom because she said she thought it was a roach. So I told him I no longer wanted to stay there and to please give me my refund. The merchant refused after i apologize and told him maybe it was a bug and not a roach and he still refuse to refund me. He then told me to go through my bank for the refund. This place was awful and customer service was horrible and very unprofessional. Not to mention that the merchant took my money even though i did not stay at this motel and he still refuses to refund me.

Room Tip: Please review terms and conditions for refunds before you give them your credit card.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mo M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kansas City
Reviewed 22 December 2007

Reviewer: Rossi

I have stayed at this motel on two occasions, in October of '06 and '07, for a period of a week on both trips and have experienced excellent service both times. We have a group meeting in the area every fall, and the motel had come from the favorable experience of others in our group who had been coming since 2005.

The motel was built in 1963 and when the current owners took over, they began a full rehab of all units. This renovation was still under way in 2006, but there was no interruption in the good service. By 2007 the renovation was completed with upgraded furniture and new HVAC units to name just a few of the improvements. The motel is neat and clean, and management makes sure it stays that way.

They have both smoking and non-smoking rooms. There are no eating facilities actually on site. but there is a locally run cafe next door with excellent food. There are also franchised eating places less than one mile away. I might also mention that it is only 2 miles from the area-renowned Cattlemen's Steakhouse where even El Paso residents make the 60-mile roundtrip to eat dinner.

It is located just off Interstate 10, but due to extensive insulation, there is virtually no road noise in even the closest room to the highway, which was my quarters in the 2007 stay.

For the moderately priced motel, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the area.

• Liked — Clean and reasonable.
  • Disliked — None. Our group did not need meeting rooms. We were moving about the area.
  • Stayed October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Rossi76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fabens
Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso/East
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites  I-10 East
Quality Inn Airport East
Quality Inn Airport East
#56 of 81 in El Paso

Been to Fabens Inn? Share your experiences!