“Good quality Reasonable price Minor problems”

Super 8 Fairfield TX
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Fairfield is about 90 miles south of Dallas on Interstate 45. The rooms are well decorated. The bathroom has a new sink, showers, and fixtures, and it was very clean. The furniture appears to be new. Free WiFi is available with a code from the front desk. There was only one washer and dryer available for the whole motel and it was being used almost constantly. As of January 2012, the owners do not permit Gideon Bibles in the rooms. There is no fitness center, but they have an arrangement with a local fitness center. There is no restaurant, but continental breakfast is available until 10:00 A.M. There is nothing really close to walk to. They have a swimming pool. The motel is two story, and each room has a door to the outside. The motel is on an interstate highway but appears to be in a generally safe location. The gentleman at the desk in the evening had the authority to give a discount, and did. Overall, a good motel.

Room Tip: My non-smoking room appeared to have truly not been smoked in. Rooms in the 120s and 220s are farth...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank RickTX28

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Drive up rooms which are clean and comfortable - decent breakfast and friendly staff - couldnt ask for anything else

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paularea
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We recently spent two nights at this hotel. We booked 2 adjoining, non-smoking rooms. I was very impressed when I called to make the reservation as the attendant asked me exactly what kinds of rooms I wanted, what bed types, etc. All our requests were honored at check-in. The rooms were clean, in good condition w/o obvious wear and tear. The beds were comfortable. Both rooms had a mini-fridge and microwave. We did not hear noise from other guests. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we will likely return again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bgrk
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Went with spouse for work and we had made reservations according to pix online. Unfortunately the pix online looked nothing like the actual rooms! We paid for the room, nearly 100$, then went to room. It was discusting! Bland and holes n the bathroom walls! We went down and spoke to management to c about a refund and we were spoken to very poorly not to mention were declined any refund even though we were switching hotels right then! We were so sickened we didn't even stay there!

1  Thank tearls
Reviewed 18 June 2008

I stayed at Super 8 Fairfield this week because of the good reviews and because it was not very old. Unfortunately oil riggers who stay in this motel week-long have torn it up and the management does not seem to be trying to keep it clean.

Day 1 I saw two live roaches; I had to wear shoes to walk around because the entire floor was sticky; the shower had a stream of dirt down the middle of the bottom; the towels had disgusting stains, and the wakeup call was 12 minutes later than I requested.

Day 2 (in a new room) the door would unlock, but not open; the bathroom door didn't lock; there was no hot water in the shower; and the refridgerator was making loud noises all night.

Day 3 (in same room as Day 2) the air conditioner would not work on low cool.

Day 4 I was able to change hotels.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I stayed at the Fairfield Super 8 in Oct 2007 one night when I was too tired to complete the trip from Dallas to Houston. I was simply looking for a clean, comfortable room ... and this room more than met my needs. My room had a king bed, 25" TV, a fantastic A/C unit, and a nice sitting area (that is divided from the bedroom area) with a couch, desk and a nice desk chair. There is also a continental breakfast in the morning and a small pool. Only way my stay could have improved would be to drop the rate a bit (69 base, 79 after tax) ... but not too bad considering I was a walk-in.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 March 2007

Overall, I was very pleased with this Super 8. It is much nicer than typical Super 8 properties. The rooms are decorated nicely, and the beds are very comfortable. There is a resteraunt across the street called Sam's, and the food is very good. As far as Super 8's go, this
one is great. The rooms are clean, spacious, and has great conveinence to the Interstate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family