“Good location and right for the price”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Good location, near LBJ and Tollway. We got a good price through Priceline.com. Rooms are large. Everything functions but wish they have had HD cable. Internet is free but somewhat slow.
Hotel is old and you can smell cigarette smoke in the hallway even though we are in a non-smoke room. Our reservation says no breakfast. They actually serve coffee, muffin and fruit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I have been here for 2 weeks and will most likely be here for a total of two months. Here are my comments:
On a negative note: The overall "appearance" of the hotel is in need of a major face lift. It is outdated, worn and tired. The interior of the property from the lobby to the hallway to every private room needs to be completely redecorated. New paint, new carpeting, new furnishings, etc. However, the property is thoroughly cleaned each and every day.
On a positive note: The mattresses are brand new (hooray). The microwave and refrigerator/freezer are brand new (hooray). I was told the carpeting is in the process of being replaced as well as the bed linens. The rooms have a lot of light and breakfast is free every morning.
On a thank you note: The level of service that the general manager demands from her entire staff is outstanding (I give 5 stars). Every little complaint or request was immediately addressed and resolved with professionalism and expedience. They went out of their way to make me feel at home. It is very quiet and easy to work and be productive. I will definitely continue my stay here primarily due to the level of service I have received.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rachael T
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I stayed here for 3 months, moving from a horrible Homestead Suites that I lasted 2 nights at to this property. Overall, the price was good (I got a very low rate for staying longer) but you get what you pay for here. The rooms were not impressive. There was a certain smell that came from it, probably from all of the cooking people had done. The carpets were moldy and very dated but nothing I couldn't just ignore. The kitchen worked for my purposes (warming things up) but the pots and pans you get are limited. They have flat panel TV's that swivel, which is nice to be able to swing the TV from the living area to the bed. The living area was ok. It had a recliner and couch but they we're also very dated and the bed, while sufficient, wasn't very comfortable and the sheets were very old.
The curtains we're nasty and definitely need to be changed out. I think they may have been the source of the smell in the room. There was a guy next door who sounded like he was hacking up a lung every so often. The walls are very thin so you can hear what's going on next to you. Some of the front desk people are friendly and some are not. I had to extend for a few additional weeks and had to fight with them to keep my same rate for the extra 2 weeks, even though I had been there 3 months already. The hotel is in a decent area though and next to a set of condos and a Marriott property so I wasn't worried about safety or anything.
Overall, you get what you pay for here. Don't expect a high end property when you're paying low end prices and you'll be fine. I'm very happy to be out of this place and I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I had to, but it was better than the Homestead Suites I started at.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor corner room which kept me away from everything, and everybody, else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ray V
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the difficulties you encountered at the Studio Plus, Farmers Branch, Texas. Our company’s number one goal is excellent guest service. I am sorry that we failed to provide that to you.
I apologize for not getting to speak to you about your experience while you were a guest at my property.
No words can validate a negative experience. Please be assured of our continued commitment to deliver the quality service you expect and deserve. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. Again, I offer my apologies and hope you will allow us a “second chance” to exceed your expectations. It is always by the guest comments that we are able to improve and make necessary changes in our services.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

This is an extended stay hotel aimed at business travelers and intended for stays of a week or more. The rooms are very spacious while the price is very low. The beds are comfortable. The place is quiet. The location is extremely convenient. The staff is friendly and helpful. The kitchen is separate from the living room and includes a four burner stove, oven, full size refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom is large and hosts a very deep tub. However, the carpet is stained. There is no dishwasher. The furnishings are old but in good shape. This is not the kind of place that would impress anyone, nor is it anything to be ashamed of. The free internet speed is capped at less than 1 MB. You can pay $15 a week for a 3Mb internet speed upgrade. The room includes a flat screen TV, but the cable channels are very limited. The workout room is tiny and has only two treadmills and a stair climber. There are coin operated washers & dryers on site. Dogs are allowed and smoking rooms are available. I intended to stay here for several months but moved out after just five days because of the Internet speed and cable TV.

Room Tip: There are a lot of dogs. If you are allergic to dogs, do not stay here. My non-smoking room was fres...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Farmers75244, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."

Reviewed 8 November 2012

i've been staying at studio plus since september. the staff are very courteous and efficient. the area is very convenient. any concerns are dealt with expeditiously. there is the convenience of a gym and laundry on site. its a place of convenience away from home.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank amorelle s
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our staff and hotel make you feel like this is a home away from home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

If you are looking to visit or stay at a Hotel in Dallas, you''ll want to book your reservations at Studio Plus in Farmer's Branch. It is near the Dallas Galleria and centrally located. The rooms feel more like home than a hotel and the friendly staff makes it feel as if you are staying at a luxury resort. These folks treat you like family and not just another hotel guest. It truly is Home away from Home, only a lot more fun and much more relaxing...especially with those luxurious flat screen T.V.'s! Thank you Lei, Martha and your entire staff for making our stay at Studio Plus so very enjoyable! You guys are the best!! Kenny

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have been staying at this property since late June... Going on over 30 Day's.... It's tough being away from ones home for so long. Martha and her crew have made it a pleasant stay. The folks at this property really care about their "guests"; If I need extra towels, or make a request for housekeeping to replace a bulb, a shower curtain it doesnt matter, the task gets done! The folks in the front counter are always there with a smile when I leave in the morning and when I return in the evening! Great job...you have a great crew at this property.

I will be recommending this hotel to anyone that needs an extended stay location.

Thanks

Joe Lerma

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Joe - Thank you for your dazzling review of our hotel. We are so glad to read that your 30+ days stay with us has been top notch. Martha, the members of our Front Desk team and the rest of the staff's main goal is to ensure each of our guests experience an easy, friendly and comfortable stay; one that leaves them feeling like they are in a "home away from home". It sounds like we were able to do just that for you.

We would be honored to have you back at our hotel or any other brand location. Thank you for your kind words again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmers Branch
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!