“Extended Stay is Uncaring of Guests needs”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Dallas, Texas
“Extended Stay is Uncaring of Guests needs”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The staff customer service skills are very poor to unresponsive to minimal requests such as towels and cleaning and receiving packages. Not a good place to stay to conduct business as the staff are very inconsiderate and intrusive. The staff constantly calls with unsubstantiated demands and issues about billing even asking how to process their own books. For example, one of the front desk persons contacted me to ask why they did not charge my credit card for the week. I told them I did not know why. Also, they tried to charge a how month upfront when the reservation policy stated that charges were done weekly. When I pointed this out, they told me that this policy could not be honored. I will be checking out in the first week of a planned stay of 1 month.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've stayed in many Extended Stay Americas and my experience has generally been decent. This stay was the worst of them, and the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The room was fine, the weekly-cleaning was fine, my issue is with the management and staff. I spent a very large amount of time here and was treated like garbage. The staff had no idea what they were doing, they were impatient, they were rude, and unwilling to offer assistance. The manager was absolutely horrendous. 0 customer service, rude, short-tempered. I have never been hung-up on before by a hotel staff, let alone a manager, for asking a simple question, "what is the internet passcode." I will never stay here again and I caution anyone who is spending an above-average amount of time in Dallas to avoid this location.

Room Tip: Don't stay here to begin with.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Chris R

Travellers are raving about these Farmers Branch hotels

Lubbock
Reviewed 27 October 2013

After reading the previous review, I was very nervous about staying in this hotel. We needed an inexpensive place to stay for one night, and got a great deal through Priceline. After booking on Priceline, had called the hotel to make sure we could get a room for 3 people. Was told it would be no problem to get us into a room with a sleeper bed .We walked in, and were greeted by a very friendly young lady who checked us in quickly, and even offered toothbrushes, and other toiletries. My family went to go unload car, while I went to the room. When walking into room, they had given us room with only one bed. Went back down to lobby, and the room was changed right away. The hallway did smell a bit of smoke, but the room was clean. The furniture is a little on the older side, but everything was clean. Beds were comfy, kitchen clean, and the water pressure in the shower was quite powerful. Breakfast is a very simple oatmeal, fruit or granola bars. Check out was easy, and we experienced no problems. I would stay here again, especially if I can get a great deal on Priceline again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Upon arrival at this location, I was very pleased with the neighborhood and the hotel looked nice on the outside. Boy was I wrong!! I checked into the hotel and the man at the front desk was very pleasant and accomodating. I reserved 2 rooms as there were two couples plus on child in our party. After being given the keys to the rooms, we went outside to get our luggage. The smell of the stairwell was UNBEARABLE! After getting our luggage and coming back in, there was a handicap man in a wheelchair with no shirt on going crazy and cussing out the front desk agent. This went on for about 5 mins. We opened the door to the first room, which was supposed to be non-smoking and again the smell was unbearable. We then opened the door to the second room which was a smoking room and it was horrible as well. After looking around in the kitchen we happened upon a used drug needle! We also opened up the drawer and found a spoon that was totally burnt on the bottom - obviously from drug use. Since we were traveling with a child we obviously did not feel safe there and demanded that they put us up in another hotel. Their only option for us (after talking to both the hotel manager and the district manager) was to stay at another Extended Stay in Plano, TX (which was 20 miles away in the wrong direction) or to stay put at that location and they would comp us ONE night in ONE room.

We ended up finding a different hotel in the area as it was not worth the risk to stay there - not to mention they were still going to make us pay for it! I cannot belive that they weren't more accomodating considering the circumstances. Who knows what kind of drugs were being used in that room - it could have been a meth room for all we know. I ended up having to spend about $300 more than planned just to stay at a different hotel on such short notice. I feel that Extended Stay should at least pay me back that extra $300 due to the circumstances. I would NEVER make another reservation at any Extended Stay due to the lack of concern and disregard to the situation we were put in. How nice of them to offer a comp for one room and one night due to finding a hypodermic needle left in our room. Extended Stay, after I contact the Health Department, I hope they shut you down. Just to think, all you would have had to do is pay me the $300 difference I had to spend. I'm sure you being shut down will be much more costly than $300.

I have made numerous attempts to contact their corporate office and was told the regional manager would contact me within 48 hours and a week later, I am still waiting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Janet R
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We got a great deal via Priceline!!
We were delighted to pull up to a nice neighborhood, peaceful and serene. The hotel could use a little updating on the higher floors although the facility was said to be non smoking, I could not ignore the smoke smell in hallways. This Hotel was not my pick so I was very nervous about the outcome. The Staff, specifically Shea the Assistant Manager was wonderful to work with she was very accommodating to our needs and I was greatly appreciative because I am very demanding and not a person to stay anywhere without the Marriott or Hilton Brand attached. It was 10 in our party we occupied 3 rooms, all were comfortable and cozy. The pictures shown online are reflective of the rooms we were in. Because of the willingness of the staff make sure we were satisfied and kid friendly atmosphere, I will stay there again. Also, Walmat is less that a mile from the Hotel, you can walk to Mcdonalds, 7 Eleven or other nearby places to eat.
Ms. OLC-Oklahoma City

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel's location and your room. As well, I am glad that our staff took such great care of you during your visit, especially Shea. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.

DALLAS
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I found this hotel through Priceline the deal was great but the bathroom was not cleaned up to my expectation. I bathroom should not have pubic hair left behind because housekeeping is trying to rush home. whether I paid $0- 80. Their is a standard that all hotels
must meet. The room was lovely and roomy but there was bugs coming from out of no where. The location of the hotel was very nice but I expected more...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Katia - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that the bathroom was not cleaned in line with our company's standards. In response to your feedback, I am working with our staff on improving our cleaning and inspection procedures moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dfb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Celina, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Ammenities seemed very overpriced for what you receive. Plus the hallways and lobby could be kept up a little better, the place has a dungy odor to it. Rooms could use a makeover as well as replacement of the carpets and kitchen appliances.

Room Tip: stay away from the 3rd floor it smells
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness and room conditions is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, we have addressed the source of the smell and all hallway carpets will be re cleaned. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dfb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmers Branch
#46 of 203 in Dallas
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!