“Great value!!!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Dallas, Texas
“Great value!!!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Staff is amazing! Very clean rooms. Location is convenient with access to tollway. Highly recommend. The manager is very helpful in helping with directions so that I may learn my way around easily. Love the breakfast bar in the mornings and it always smells clean.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 January 2014

So I was thinking lets try this hotel, seems in a central location, looks safe and we were staying for five days so the price was right. UMMMMMM NOOOOO staff are lower functioning when it comes to intelligence. I called to ask for a double prior to arrival. The clerk did not make note of this in my reservation at all because they put us in a king bed. The next day after partying (checked in new years eve night lol) I asked for a double bed room. The clerk stated it was an upcharge however she would "waive" the fee. That was a positive however we get in the room and sleep one night I wake up with freaking bites on my neck. I alert them they say well we have never had a problem with bed bugs. Needless to say.....we left poor hotel to stay in. And fyi people "live" in this hotel as well. I saw a person with a christmas tree in their window....

Room Tip: Great location but unclean
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank k w
Omaha, Arkansas
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Rooms are dirty and the air quality is very poor. Towels are in bad shape. Caulking and paint in bathrooms are unacceptable. The floor had a wide variety of human hair. The toilet would run unless you lifted the handle manually. Hot water wasn't hot!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. The location of this facility is outstanding...but that is where the good...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The cleanliness issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will take every measure to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at dfb@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The staff customer service skills are very poor to unresponsive to minimal requests such as towels and cleaning and receiving packages. Not a good place to stay to conduct business as the staff are very inconsiderate and intrusive. The staff constantly calls with unsubstantiated demands and issues about billing even asking how to process their own books. For example, one of the front desk persons contacted me to ask why they did not charge my credit card for the week. I told them I did not know why. Also, they tried to charge a how month upfront when the reservation policy stated that charges were done weekly. When I pointed this out, they told me that this policy could not be honored. I will be checking out in the first week of a planned stay of 1 month.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've stayed in many Extended Stay Americas and my experience has generally been decent. This stay was the worst of them, and the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The room was fine, the weekly-cleaning was fine, my issue is with the management and staff. I spent a very large amount of time here and was treated like garbage. The staff had no idea what they were doing, they were impatient, they were rude, and unwilling to offer assistance. The manager was absolutely horrendous. 0 customer service, rude, short-tempered. I have never been hung-up on before by a hotel staff, let alone a manager, for asking a simple question, "what is the internet passcode." I will never stay here again and I caution anyone who is spending an above-average amount of time in Dallas to avoid this location.

Room Tip: Don't stay here to begin with.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Chris R
Lubbock
Reviewed 27 October 2013

After reading the previous review, I was very nervous about staying in this hotel. We needed an inexpensive place to stay for one night, and got a great deal through Priceline. After booking on Priceline, had called the hotel to make sure we could get a room for 3 people. Was told it would be no problem to get us into a room with a sleeper bed .We walked in, and were greeted by a very friendly young lady who checked us in quickly, and even offered toothbrushes, and other toiletries. My family went to go unload car, while I went to the room. When walking into room, they had given us room with only one bed. Went back down to lobby, and the room was changed right away. The hallway did smell a bit of smoke, but the room was clean. The furniture is a little on the older side, but everything was clean. Beds were comfy, kitchen clean, and the water pressure in the shower was quite powerful. Breakfast is a very simple oatmeal, fruit or granola bars. Check out was easy, and we experienced no problems. I would stay here again, especially if I can get a great deal on Priceline again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Upon arrival at this location, I was very pleased with the neighborhood and the hotel looked nice on the outside. Boy was I wrong!! I checked into the hotel and the man at the front desk was very pleasant and accomodating. I reserved 2 rooms as there were two couples plus on child in our party. After being given the keys to the rooms, we went outside to get our luggage. The smell of the stairwell was UNBEARABLE! After getting our luggage and coming back in, there was a handicap man in a wheelchair with no shirt on going crazy and cussing out the front desk agent. This went on for about 5 mins. We opened the door to the first room, which was supposed to be non-smoking and again the smell was unbearable. We then opened the door to the second room which was a smoking room and it was horrible as well. After looking around in the kitchen we happened upon a used drug needle! We also opened up the drawer and found a spoon that was totally burnt on the bottom - obviously from drug use. Since we were traveling with a child we obviously did not feel safe there and demanded that they put us up in another hotel. Their only option for us (after talking to both the hotel manager and the district manager) was to stay at another Extended Stay in Plano, TX (which was 20 miles away in the wrong direction) or to stay put at that location and they would comp us ONE night in ONE room.

We ended up finding a different hotel in the area as it was not worth the risk to stay there - not to mention they were still going to make us pay for it! I cannot belive that they weren't more accomodating considering the circumstances. Who knows what kind of drugs were being used in that room - it could have been a meth room for all we know. I ended up having to spend about $300 more than planned just to stay at a different hotel on such short notice. I feel that Extended Stay should at least pay me back that extra $300 due to the circumstances. I would NEVER make another reservation at any Extended Stay due to the lack of concern and disregard to the situation we were put in. How nice of them to offer a comp for one room and one night due to finding a hypodermic needle left in our room. Extended Stay, after I contact the Health Department, I hope they shut you down. Just to think, all you would have had to do is pay me the $300 difference I had to spend. I'm sure you being shut down will be much more costly than $300.

I have made numerous attempts to contact their corporate office and was told the regional manager would contact me within 48 hours and a week later, I am still waiting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hyatt Place Dallas-North
#47 of 203 in Dallas
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria
Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!