Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Reviewed 4 August 2014

One of the two elevators was out of service 3 of the 4 days we stayed at the property. Being that I was on the 4th floor I got alot of exercise assending and desending the stairs to get to my room. On one evening after comming in I asked if I could have a cookie and was told that they are only given at the time of check in and if I wanted another one it would cost $2.00. I was schocked!!! I have stayed in may double tree properties over the years and have neved been asked to pay for a cookie!!! I spoke with the manager the next morning concerning this and she apologized and said tht that was not their policy.

Thank Zedric Alphonso... B
Monica-Shea, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to in giving us a review, it looks like you did experience some issues while staying with us and I would like to apologize first and foremost. We were having some technical issues with one of our elevators, and had a few teams in house the same week that enjoyed playing on it to which caused it so slow down. Once again we are truly sorry about the cookie, and it isn't our policy. Please let us what we could have done differently so that we have a chance to correct our mistakes. I really do hope to see you and your family's return, thanks!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The staff were extremely nice the lake view was pretty nice and relaxing. I didn't care for the location of the Hotel but the view was pretty nice. I'm not sure that I would choose this particular hotel again. I didn't care for the breakfast too much and it wasn't worth price.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It was such an honor to serve you! We are pleased to hear about your stay with us, the lake view is beautiful although we do apologize for the location and for the breakfast prices. Please let us know what we could have differently so that we can correct our mistakes. Thank you for the kind words about our team, and I look forward to letting them know!! Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way, thanks so much.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

To say we were disappointed with yet another stay at a DoubleTree is an understatement. We reserved this hotel after calling and inquiring about their shuttle service as I had an early flight in the morning. After a short hold to check the information, I was told that there was a 24 hour shuttle available. I then booked 2 hotel rooms for my family and I and my brother-in-law. We got in late with our young children and were hoping to quickly get checked in and get them to bed. It had been a long day, we had to travel to Dallas from Lubbock after my grandfather's funeral to catch my flight for a work conference. As my wife went in to check in, she was informed that the shuttle was not 24-hour, but instead didn't start until 9 am, but they could call a taxi for me so I could be to the airport 5 hours before that. Needless to say, I was not impressed as the clerk Vincent continued to blame me for the mix up, saying I didn't call the right number for the information. I called the number listed on the website for their hotel -- it was a local number. He did manage to call a taxi for me, which showed up 30 minutes after the time he asked for them to come. And now on top of all that, the cab company he called has charged me twice and both of the charges are over the amount which I agreed to pay. The next problem? My wife and brother in law were told that they had not purchased the breakfast when I specifically had added that to their room. They had to find another breakfast, after I already paid for them to eat there. In addition I was told the manager would call me on Monday (7/21/14) and we could get things "worked out". I received no such call. When I arrived home from my business trip on Friday (7/25/14), I tried to call the hotel. I was told if I left a voice mail to the manager she would contact me again that day. I waited all day and never heard back at all. I will not be staying at this or any other DoubleTree and will go out of my way to recommend that my friends stay some where else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Monica-Shea, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

With hospitality,

Monica S Thompson
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have a nice experience in our stay at Double Tree, excellent service, good price, good room, enough space for a family of 5, good sleep quality, very good breakfast, nice view, quite area, and good cookies!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

What an awesome review! We are so happy to hear how pleasant your stay was and are happy to know how much you enjoyed our amenities. Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you return. Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Reservation - Lack of accuracy and confidentiality of my reservation. I originally booked 2 rooms on 4 reservations, forced to have ONE reservation # instead of 4. 1 dble room was to be released to my other family member, however, without my consent, hotel released my other room with the King bed without my consent. Need separate reservation # for 4 reservations. Check In - Front desk Supervisor automatically put us on top floor, without consulting me. At check in I requested 2 extra pillows from Front Desk Supervisor to be sent to room. After 24 hrs, I had to request them again. I checked in for my family of 4. Check Out - I requested copy of restaurant charge, but after desk person gone for 10 minutes, I just walked out of hotel and gave up. Room location / type - Front desk Supervisor automatically put me on top floor, without consulting me Working order of bathroom - No exhaust fan located. With nose at 4', room smelled HEAVY of urine. I requested floor to be scrubbed with brush & cleanser from both front desk and again the next day by maid, both times never done. Internet - Hhonors & ATT both had intermittant connectivity Room Amenities - No fridge or microwave found - Very sad. Cable TV shut off regularly. No outlet plugs by bed to plug in phone charger or laptop. Per note in room, fresh linens expected on our third day. None received. Called front desk and was told they would be changed daily. Only towels for 3 people, not 4. Each day I had to request extra towels as bathroom only loaded for 3 people, even though maid check off list - would be reflecting 4 guests in this room. Hotel amenities - No laundry room available at all Lack note desk to housekeeping - Why is the Front Desk Supervisor unable to properly communicate to housekeeping with guest requests? and checking to be sure that requests HAVE been completed? OVERALL - We liked the bed & large tv, but I would look for another hotel in the area before agreeing to stay at this DoubleTree again. I would think twice before booking a room at any other Double Tree location due to this bad experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tina M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that you had so many issues during your stay. I am currently communicating with the department heads to figure out what happened and why there was such a break down in communication. We strive to provide the best service possible and will do what we can to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Exterior of the hotel looks brand new. Exterior, grounds, and lobby are updated, fresh, and stylish. However, the rooms, especially the bathroom, amenities look very dated and low quality. Chose the Doubletree because I have always stayed at the Hampton and was looking for the upgrade, however, the Hampton is much nicer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank youf or choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations, but wanted to let you know that we are in the planning phase of updating the hotel. We hope that once our renovations are done that you will come and try us out again. thank you for your review and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here twice on a business trip. The facilities were fine and the staff friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was included as part of the business rate and was typical although they did offer omelets which was unique. The only issue I had was the hot water was not very hot but they fixed it right away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmers Branch
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#4 of 206 in Dallas

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!