“cozy yet delicious”

Agave Azul Mexican Kitchen - Tequila Sanctuary
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Agave Azul is named after the Tequilana-Weber Agave Azul (blue agave) plant, in which only the finest Tequilas are produced from. Agave Azul proudly serves Upscale Mexican Cuisine combined with our unique touch of cooking with the wonderful spirit of Tequila. Tequila is the spirit of Mexico, therefore at Agave Azul we incorporate Tequila in our cooking, our margaritas, and in our spirit. We welcome you to enjoy our homemade flour and corn tortillas, our made from scratch recipes, and our sopapillas drizzled in Miel de Agave (agave nectar). We are proud to feature Dallas' first and foremost Premier Tequila Bar serving over 250+ pure 100% Blue Agave Tequila's as well as featuring El Jimador Tequila as our Tequila of choice for our margaritas. El Jimador Tequila is made from 100% blue agave's in the rich, red soil of the highlands of Arandas and is highly reviewed. So sit back, eat, sip, and may Tequila, The Spirit of Mexico, Live on. Salud!
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Kind of a small location, and it fills up fast. The food is outstanding and well priced. Margaritas and Mojitos are small yet potent. The menu selection is small, but tht is made up for in the quality of the food. Patio seating is available.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Others appear to have enjoyed this much more than I. Both times that I have visited, the service was good. But the food leaves this Native Texan and lover of Tex-Mex completely unimpressed.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I ate at Agave Azul in a party of 2 adults and 2 tweens in summer of 2013 for lunch during the week and we all got something different and we all loved it! It was very quiet; we almost had the place to ourselves. The atmosphere and decor was very nice. It was pristine inside. Our waitress was very attentive, made suggestions based on our tastes, helped the kids with the Spanish words on the menu, and even let me practice my (limited) Spanish with her! My tacos (pork and beef) were on authentic white corn tortillas instead of those processed bleached flour junk tortillas. My niece said they had "the best taco salad ever.". All the ingredients were very fresh and handmade. I believe the quality of the food is proportionate to the price here and TA's two "$$" label for Agave Azul I feel is accurate. If you are a Mexican food lover in Flower Mound, Texas, then don't pass this up just because it is located in a strip mall.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I had a coupon for this restaurant. I'm not a big fan of Mexican food, but thought we'd give it a try anyway. I wasn't expecting much, because as I said, Mexican food is not one of my favs, and we have NEVER been to a restaurant with a coupon that we would go back to. This is an exception! Wow! I had the coconut shrimp and they were HUGE and actually tasted like shrimp! There were six of them! County em' SIX! Served with mashed potatoes and wonderful, perfectly cook asparagus! In a Mexican food restaurant! My husband had the seafood enchilada served with cilantro rice and the same delicious asparagus. We each had a margarita, one of the best we've had in a long time. Had the sopapillas for desert which were served with sweet agave syrup. Yum! Service and excellent and the manager even stopped by our table to enquire about the food and service. If we had any complaint at all it would be about the music. Too loud and not pleasant to listen to, but that seems to be the trend in most all restaurants we go to these days. Guess if you want to have a quiet conversation with someone, you should stay home or go to Sonic and eat in the car! ha We'll be back to Agave Azul's and hope you're try it too!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I love going solo or with friends and family to this location. Staff always friendly and wonderful , food great and best drinks in town !