“Nice atmosphere, food heavily processed”
Review of Mi Cocina

Mi Cocina
Ranked #50 of 147 Restaurants in Flower Mound
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
Highland Village, Texas
“Nice atmosphere, food heavily processed”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Great place for snacks and drinks. Four facts to help others:

1) Beware they use MSG with heavy hand especially on chicken and beef.

2) Agave nectar used in their drinks is more "bad" than high-fructose corn syrup according to bottle label and quick google search. I appreciate Mi Cocina knows this and will hand squeeze a true natural lime margarita by special request.

3) Facility is top notch just like an upscale resort in Mexico. Staff is helpful most of the time but you should expect waits since this location gets very crowded.

4) regardless of what you will be told the Glutten-Free menu is not accurate. Since all the food is processed and shares cooktop & utensils with "Gluten-rich" foods the end products actually test GLUTEN-POSITIVE, probably by contact. (Yes, I did perform the tests for a sensitive family member that experienced a bad reaction).

Mi Cocina is nice facility, good people but absolutely fails the kosher standards. I like that place however will go elsewhere for these reasons. Who knows all the processing and MSG may turn out to be healthy one day in future. Just not today.

Semper fidelis,
Dave

“Great Tex-Mex. Fast Friendly Servicee”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We frequent this location. Never a bad experience. The green chile verde crispy enchiladas are outstanding. The brisket quesadillas are also very good.

Dallas
“Tex Mex in a non traditional setting”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Great food all the way around. The enchiladas modern are a favorite. Fajitas are quite delicious also available as a vegetarian dish. Servers are always very courteous and prompt!!

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Better Than My Kitchen”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Husband likes this place, but I think it is just alright. They are striving to be more of an upscale TexMex place, but fall a little short if ranking against that category. They are nicer than the normal TexMex food places though and do have some unique menu choices. This location is very noisy and gave my father a headache. They could use some sound dampening properties.

They have a pretty extensive drink menu that should please most. I ordered the brisket tacos, which I have had there before and I am always pleased with the results. I ordered enchiladas once that came with chili con carne sauce, but it was very salty and repeated on me. It turned me off of ordering anything with chili con carne sauce. My advice is to stick to the brisket tacos.

When they bring the chips and salsa, ask for the green salsa. They will not bring it unless you ask. It is delicious!!!!

The service was good. Our chip and salsa bowls were never empty and neither were our drinks.

They do not have a nice view as it is in the parking lot of Lowes with Target across the street, but you could get a seat on the enclosed patio, so you could watch your car.

I would go here again, since it is a little bit fancier and nicer then some of the other restaurants in the area. You can go here dressed up, even though some people do not.

• Visited July 2013
Montgomery, Texas
“want to give five stars...but service doesn't warrant that award”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We frequent the Flower Mound and Las Colinas locations. Amazing food (sans the beef enchiladas - - - way too salty) and margaritas are yummy and potent. Manager is very friendly in Flo Mo, but the staff at both locations act as if they are being blackmailed to work there. Unfriendly, inattentive, and they all act as if they are not receiving their gratuity. Being from the service industry, we always tip well, but soon that will change if they cannot give the service that is necessary for this level of restaurant.

• Visited June 2013