“Terrible”

Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Flower Mound
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Flower Mound, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This place is terrible.

We have gone there a few times on a Sunday for lunch and every time we've been there they do not have a lot of the items on the menu. The "Asian Cobb Salad" is still on the menu and they quit making it over a year ago. I would decide I wanted something on the menu, only to be told they don't have that anymore, then I decided on something else and they didn't have that either, finally third time I found something they still make. So don't go there if you think you can order anything on the menu.

The last straw was when I went there on a weekday evening. The restaurant is advertised that they are open till 7:30. We got there at 6:55 and was told they quit serving in the evenings at 6:30. When I asked why they advertise they are open till 7:30 and was told they needed the time to clean the restaurant. So don't go there after 6:30 if you want to eat. What restaurant do you know of that stops serving an hour before their advertised closing time? I will never go to this place again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Babydates

Texas
“Wonderful Chicken Salad”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Swirl Bakery is a wonderful little spot for a girls lunch. My daughter and I stopped by for a quick lunch and we both loved it. We had the honey cranberry chicken salad sandwich's and were so pleased with them. We can't wait to go back for another fun lunch.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Travelinfine
Flower Mound, Texas
“GREAT Pies”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Took home two pies for Thanksgiving (Pumpkin and Pecan) Everyone loved the pecan pie. Pumpkin was decent, but nothing special. Will be back to try other pies and deserts!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank condryr35
Lake Dallas, Texas
“Great Cake!”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I'm not a big cake-eater, but when we hosted friends' wedding, we got their cake from Swirls, and it was a hit. This wan an informal wedding, so nothing fancy with the cake. It's still in the fridge in it's original box 3 days later and it's still good!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tom T
Nashville, Tennessee
“A Nice Place to Stop in and Grab a Bite”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Menu is very similar to Celebrity Bakery. I stopped in grab something sweet. Cupcakes were good. White chocolate raspberry cake was a disappointment. For the quality of what I purchased I feel the prices were slightly high. I would like to go back and try their food to see how it rates. They had a nice variety of sandwiches, salads, and hot dishes on the menu. You can get food to go or enjoy a meal there. They even have breads and full cakes wrapped and ready for purchase.

• Visited August 2012