“Felt like a truck stop hotel... because it was.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Fort Stockton

La Quinta Inn Fort Stockton
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
New Mexico
“Felt like a truck stop hotel... because it was.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We've been staying at La Quinta properties when traveling with Frank the Pug and this was the seediest one yet. Dog biscuits were not properly harvested by their owners so Frank spent more time sniffing than doing his business. And it was cold out. And there were dog business bags right there on the potty green but folks refused to see them. I can only imagine what their homes look like... The room was run down like an old Motel 6 (okay, but it's been awhile). The door looked and functioned like it had been kicked in before. Kinda seemed like a place they could charge by the hour. Hey, cowboy up and make it to El Paso if you're westbound. If'n yer' eastbound, well, sleep in your car because this is not just a dive but a fairly (or unfairly) expensive one.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ricomalo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Otterbach, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I were on the road halfway through a 9-hr trip in each direction, this was our 1/2way point. Rooms are great and do not match the outside! Great A/C, comfy beds, LCD TVs and perfect breakfast of waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins, yogurt and hardboiled eggs. Busy town with lots of options, but we arrived with no reservation and were left with next to no availabilities. This place was a great deal on a government rate and a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: First level rooms are smoking rooms, second level are non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank AJ B
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at this property as a stopover on our journey from San Antonio to Roswell. The staff on check in were very helpful and friendly (not over friendly), because of them I have taken this review from a poor to an average. The room was dirty and smelly when we got in there, we didn't complain to reception as we were only staying overnight. The room was also stuffy, but it was the middle of summer so we kind of half expected that. Breakfast wasn't too great either. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ell14
Dilley, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am an Elite member of the La Quinta Returns Program. I have stayed at many over the last few years. This one took the cake on service, the receptionist at the desk was kind of non-energetic and didn't seem to have the customers interests in mind. I was traveling with a couple of people who were handicapped and when I requested some ground floor rooms (since they did not have any elevators) I was told that I should have requested that when I placed my reservation. I placed my reservation almost 2 months in advance and like I said have Elite status. Thought I would have had better service, she didn't even pretend to look and see what she could do, she just said that they were booked on the ground floor and couldn't do anything about it. I am also emailing the General Manager to inform him of the, close to rude, attitude of his front desk clerk. She also had a friend in the lobby whom came out from behind the desk when I went back to ask for more towels, (had booked the rooms for 8 people and only 6 towels between the rooms).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ClaytonNeighbors2

Travellers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Jourdanton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The customer service sucks. We have four people in a room and three towels. When I called the front desk they told me I had to go to get them. We booked this hotel two months in advance and we asked for two rooms together and first floor. None of those request were honored. This place is filthy. Like no joke filthy. They really should burn this hotel down and start over.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
1 Thank Davina C
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I experienced an excellent overnight "on the road" stay at this facility. We experienced no problems and the night was very quiet. The staff was friendly and courteous. Will stay again when traveling through.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple