“Terrible Place!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Room not very clean, I had to wipe things down with my Lysol wipes. Under the cushion of Love Seat my husband found a dried brownish substance that looked like dried blood with a dirty paper towel. Laundry not functioning, Pool and Jacuzzi closed. Hard to regulate the air conditioner (knob didn't fit the unit). Old rundown furniture. Bathroom door interfered with vanity. I asked front desk for a credit and they gave me $11.30 off. Better than nothing!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our rooms were clean but there was a definite depression in the floor 3-4 feet long that you could not avoid. The door to the toilet and bathtub blocked the sink when opened. Very awkward. The water from the sink had a definite unpleasant odor. Before 6 am, there was a loud beep beep beep coming from the lumberyard next door. This was not continuous but often enough to be annoying so we had to give up on sleep. When we went to breakfast at 7:30 almost all the food was gone. We had to wait for an attendant to arrive and bring the coffee, OJ, eggs, sausage and bread items.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed here on our way to AZ, was rated 3 stars by AAA, so we were surprised to find the room needing many updates. Stayed on second floor and there was a space under door which we plugged up with a napikin, the door to the adjoining room had the lock missing and it was plugged with paper, room was dusty, neither ice machine was working, Breakfast in a.m. was ok, did like the waffles in shape of Texas! Front desk was friendly. With a little TLC the hotel could be nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stay in hotels every week since I travel for a living. This trip was for personal use and my eldest son and I stayed here on our way to Houston, TX from Phoenix. The hotel was easy to find. Front desk attendant (Crystal) was great and very friendly to road weary guests. She even recommended K-Bob's steakhouse since we asked for some good restaurants. The restaurants parking lot was full so I knew it was a good place. If you're a Quality Inn guest they offer 10% off. The food was great and they had a pretty good salad bar as well. Service was fast and they had a nice atmosphere. I would definitely there again. The hotel room was dated but it was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good and includes eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, toast, waffles, etc. It’s a small seating area though. One last note is Crystal was at the desk the morning we were checking out (Friday May 31st) and I asked her if she ever went home. She said she did but for only 3 hours or so since the night person didn't show up and she had to come in and reopen and make the breakfast. She looked very tire. I will tell you in today's day and age it’s difficult to find an employee who has that much dedication to their employer and she should be commended for her loyalty and dedication to ensuring the guests stay were flawless. I'm a tough critic and I've been traveling for almost 30 years and this is only my second hotel review. Once again, it was clean, comfortable and quiet which was important for me and it was moderately priced. I couldn't see spending more money to stay somewhere else since we were just using the room for one nights rest. I would definitely stay there again if I was in town for just a night or two. Hope this review helps someone else and our experience was good.

Room Tip: Nother further to add.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

This quality inn was affordable.. We paid $84 on a Friday night. Very clean room. Smelled fresh. Comfortable beds. Fridge.. Microwave. Front desk clerk was very nice. Decent breakfast buffet included. We would stay again and reccomend.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I would just be repeating what other recent reviews have said. This place was a breath of fresh air from the ho-hum chain establishments. Yep, from the outside it is funky but my room was clean, remodeled and fresh. There was no coffee maker but I was promptly offered a new, out-of-the box unit when I inquired at the office. The owner was very friendly and happy. If you have to stay in Ft Stockton this place is perhaps the best deal in town. No breakfast available yet but its coming with the remodel efforts currently under way.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Quality Inn. The rooms were quiet, clean and the towels were white and soft. I would stay there again and would recommend this motel for all who want a good nights sleep. The area around the motel was full of places to eat and had several casino's within 5 miles of the motel. We plan to stay there again, it is in my favorites list of motels.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family