“not up to par” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Hudson, Florida
“not up to par”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here because of the location in relation to our travel plans. The evening desk clerk was friendly and helpful-the room was very outdated--dark, tight space for luggage, and beds very uncomfortable. Quiet night, but around 5:30 am the construction workers who were also staying at the hotel began gathering outside with their coffee and (I guess) waiting for everyone to come. I ended up after 1/2 hour going to the door and asking them tobe quiet--which they did with apologies---don't think they realized what they were doing. Breakfast was fair---day staff not friendly---3 women much more interested in their own conversation then customers trying to check out.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Three Rivers, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I enjoyed staying here. I had a nice quiet room on the 2nd floor that was equipped with a good coffee maker and flat screen t.v. The pool was clean and refreshing, and the workout equipment in the fitness center is of good quality. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

It was the first time we had stayed in a quality Inn and it will be the last I am afraid.

We were on our way to San Antonio and just wanted somewhere cheap and clean to stay for one night, we didn’t bother booking ahead but I think that was our first mistake. It looked ok from the outside and the staff were friendly, but the room was terrible. Everything was really dirty, the room was full of fly’s and the bathroom needed pulling out. The breakfast was very basic, but well tended to by the staff, the only saving grace was the waffle machine.

I must highlight that all the staff were really nice and happy to help, but the actual hotel needs a jolly good sort out!

Travellers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Salt Lake, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. Three years ago we stayed on our drive to southern Texas. If you are familiar with this drive you know Ft. Stockton is sort of the only game in town so you are a captive audience. It was not a bad room last time but I am afraid this time my experience was not the same. My first clue was the should have been the cockroach I encountered in the bathroom on our arrival. I grew up in Florida so one cockroach does not send me screaming. However, my second encounter in the room 20 minutes later did not sit well with me. The beds and linens did seem to be clean and the bathroom and vanity area did look clean. However, I had to move the nightstand to plug in the lights between the bed and it was definite no heavy cleaning had been done in quite a while. Another indication was when I took a bath (and this is something I have noticed in other hotels not just this one), when you sit in the tub you can see under the rim of the toilet and it was filthy. It had not cleaned in quite a while. It looks good when you stand our take a shower but this gives you a whole other view. Breakfast was not that great either. We ate at 7 and the coffee pot was empty and no one around to refill it. The hot food was cold and just not appetizing at all. Hotels in Ft. Stockton are pricey because they know they have a captive audience but there are several other options which I would take next. If the room had not been prepaid to get the price I got and Choice hotels were offering the $50 gift room for two stays I probably would have stayed somewhere else. I will say that the girl who checked us in was very helpful and polite. The chemicals in the pool were so strong you could smell them from in front of the lobby which was across the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Huber Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Room not very clean, I had to wipe things down with my Lysol wipes. Under the cushion of Love Seat my husband found a dried brownish substance that looked like dried blood with a dirty paper towel. Laundry not functioning, Pool and Jacuzzi closed. Hard to regulate the air conditioner (knob didn't fit the unit). Old rundown furniture. Bathroom door interfered with vanity. I asked front desk for a credit and they gave me $11.30 off. Better than nothing!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Jefferson City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our rooms were clean but there was a definite depression in the floor 3-4 feet long that you could not avoid. The door to the toilet and bathtub blocked the sink when opened. Very awkward. The water from the sink had a definite unpleasant odor. Before 6 am, there was a loud beep beep beep coming from the lumberyard next door. This was not continuous but often enough to be annoying so we had to give up on sleep. When we went to breakfast at 7:30 almost all the food was gone. We had to wait for an attendant to arrive and bring the coffee, OJ, eggs, sausage and bread items.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Green Bay
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed here on our way to AZ, was rated 3 stars by AAA, so we were surprised to find the room needing many updates. Stayed on second floor and there was a space under door which we plugged up with a napikin, the door to the adjoining room had the lock missing and it was plugged with paper, room was dusty, neither ice machine was working, Breakfast in a.m. was ok, did like the waffles in shape of Texas! Front desk was friendly. With a little TLC the hotel could be nice.