“Anywhere but here”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upon checking in there was a BBQ party right outside of our room for maintenance staff. Although they were not unruly, there was drinking and they took up all the parking on that whole side of the building! As with a party there was loud cutting up and such. When asked how long this would last we were told "it shouldn't last too late", and they didn't have another room to switch us to. The room was old and not in good shape. Air sounded like helicopter taking off when it kicked on, fridge knocked (had to unplug), bathroom nasty. After a long weekend of packing and loading a uhaul we needed a good nights rest for the second day of travel and did not get it! No other hotels available so we could not go anywhere else. Upon check out and complaining we were only told that the manager would deal with it later and so far, no call! Not even an apology! They charge too much for these rooms but get away with it because they are in the middle of no where. There are many hotels to choose in advance, so do that!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2014

we normally don't stay at quality inns but with the selection of major brands in fort stockton very limited and therefore, the pricing is unusually high. my wife made the decision to stay there since we were only going to be in the room for less than 8-10 hours and we could pay a $10 pet fee. the exterior of the hotel is fair. the interior of our room was actually in good shape and clean. the pillows were 1/2 the size of a normal small pillow! two of these small pillows for each of us. there were two bath towels, two wash cloths, and two hand towels. i wasn't sure we could get extra towels so we were very careful with the limited towels.

my biggest complaint about this hotel is their terrible wifi. it's free and no wonder. i travel with three laptops, mac and hp. none of our computers could pick up a signal for the first few hours and when we finally got a signal, it was so week that it was impossible to use our computers. we used our phones instead. this was very frustrating.

the free breakfast was pretty good but the breakfast area was so small there were no seats. we intentionally ate very late to make sure we could get a seat. that didn't help. no seats available.

i would not recommend staying at this two star hotel (but at a 3 to 4 star price) until you are sure they have a new wifi installation. sorry quality inn owner, i need the internet and rely upon being able to have it. it won't cost you that much.

Room Tip: bring your own pillows and towels if you stay at this hotel. don't count on having wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Pay the extra money if you want a mold free room. Mold in the bathroom. Beds were hard as sleeping on the ground. You can almost see through the bath towels. Breakfast ends early at 0930 am. The check in and out were seem less and quick. Price was higher than advertised on Google.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mario G
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was okay but the bath tub was nasty. The walls are paper thin, I could hear the person in the next room on his phone all night. The pillows were very small, half the size of a normal pillow. The breakfast was small but decent. I wouldn't want to stay here again. I would pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dustin N
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked via Hotels.com. When we arrived @ the room, the door was wide open. Upon further inspection, the toilet was full of feces, the coffee maker had moldy tea bags in it, and the tub was full of rust stains and mold, with a dirty shower head (it was not just hard water stains, but actual soap scum and hairs). The ceiling in the bath was also moldy & mildewed. The floor had two large wet stains. And the towels were grey. I called (using their disgusting, filthy, goo covered phone) several times to the front desk to report these issues to the manager, who could not ever be found. I asked several times for a new room and was told the hotel was completely full, they did not have a single back up room. I asked, "what if our toilet was broken, you are telling me you do not keep a room or two back for emergencies like this?" I was told there were no other rooms. I asked the woman on the phone to come and inspect our room. She refused, several times. Ultimately, she got on the phone with hotels.com and told them she could not offer us a refund, that would have to be done in the morning, when they could find the manager. So we left, got a new room via hotels.com, and called the next morning to speak with the manager. Again, they were not available. We left our number. They never called back. Hotels.com attempted several times to get in touch with this manager, and were never able to talk to them directly either. However they were told that they could offer us a TEN PERCENT discount!! Are you kidding me??? For a filthy room that we stayed in for 15 minutes??!! What an insult!!

So hotels.com refunded us directly. I find it interesting that if you try to look this hotel up now, on hotels.com, they are no longer there for making a booking, and I could not even leave a bad review there,as they are off of their website offerings for hotels. THAT'S how bad they are, even hotels.com won't have them on their site for a place to stay!!! BEWARE!!! DO NOT stay here unless you want to be disgusted on every level.

Room Tip: Beware and do not stay here. That's my tip! Unless you want to stay in filth and receive no help...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravlingAZGirl
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Really needs updating.. The furniture in our room looks like it came from a second hand store. The room was dingy and not inviting at all. We were going to stay 2 nights, but we will move on to something else tomorrow. The cabinet holding the fridge and micro was leaning back about 2 inches, so nothing was level. The towels were clean, but have seen better days, very thin. The only good thing was the breakfast .I am a Choice member and was disappointed with this hotel. We usually stay at Quality or Comfort Inns when we travel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mamalsel
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The motel itself was in fairly good condition. The bed is comfortable and the room seems clean. I think the whole place is a little outdated, and parking is a little limited.
My two biggest complaints are the pricing and the desk clerk.
I have been to many motels, and a lot of Quality Inns...I'm a choice member and usually stay at Quality or Comfort Suites. This particular motel, in my opinion is very over priced. I've stayed in much more reasonably priced Quality Inns that were cleaner, friendlier, had better parking, offered more ammenities, and were better values.
My other complajnt was with the desk clerk. She had no personality at all. Motels and hotels are part of a service industry that deals constantly with people. One would think the desk clerk, the person we, as customers, deal with, would be friendly and cordial. Not here. I felt like I was bothering her when I asked a question. Maybe she was having a bad day, but at least put on a smile.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple