“The young lady at the reception desk was very good as my...”

Days Inn Fort Stockton
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Kitchener
“The young lady at the reception desk was very good as my...”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The young lady at the reception desk was very good as my wife had twisted her knee and was walking with a cane for support. She indicated that our room was on the second floor with no elevator. She then offered a handicap room on the ground floor which was just perfect. I checked back and fortunately we were not putting anyone out of accommodations that evening with a permanent handicap.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We booked this hotel but when we entered the room, we noticed about an 1" opening under the door, and a visible opening along the side of the door. This could easily be fixed with weather stripping etc. It was cold that evening.We didn't feel comfortable staying there so we immediately cancelled. We were refunded our money without question.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Point Venture, TX
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is an older hotel but is well maintained. The room we stayed in was quite large, very comfortable and very clean. Days Inns, in my experience, have become hit-or-miss but this one, in my book was a hit. There was a reasonably large flat screen TV, a microwave and a mid-size refrigerator that you can actually fit quite a few things into. The room was very quite even though all 3 surrounding rooms (left, right, above) were filled. The parking lot was very well lit at night. We didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast so I can't comment on that.

The only disappointment is the room rate is higher than I would expect, especially with several other hotels right nearby. We were tired so I didn't shop around.

Would we stay there, again? Based upon the room...yes, but I'd check out the other hotels in the immediate area first to see if there is something available that's a priced a little more competitively.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boatnmaniac
houston
Reviewed 16 February 2014

At 40% less than Hampton this is a good deal. My room was large enough for a bunch of junk we stored for 3 days. Big TV, mini-fridge, microwave in room. Really hot water with ok pressure. Room was acceptably clean. The pillows were a little musty, the only downside. Breakfast was just ok, price was right (free) and they did have some fresh fruit. This is a busy big truck area--if your a/c-heat was on you really couldn't hear too much traffic, but it continues most of the night.
I had to pay in advance 2 weeks earlier to get my great $69 rate.
Really good place, will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TGOF
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I usually stay at the Comfort Suites in Fort Stockton but their rates were a little high this time. I decided to stay at the Days Inn instead. The room was decent and fairly clean. There was a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast was the usual eggs, biscuits, waffles, cereal, toast, etc. Nothing spectacular.

My biggest complaint is the shower mat. When I went to grab it , I noticed it was very dirty looking. I can not believe that this thing was actually in the room. It was disgusting. Not a deal breaker, but it got me thinking about the rest of the room.

Overall, this is the kind of place that I expected it to be for the money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business