“Very clean and friendly.”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
“Very clean and friendly.”
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean and a great size. The staff was friendly and willing to answer questions. The free breakfast offered a lot of choices. There was an indoor pool(we did not use it) that looked nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I was worried because all of the hotels in Fort Stockton don't really have good reviews. This one suited me. If I needed something they assisted me promptly, the rooms were clean, everything came with it (shampoo, soap, microwave, fridge etc) they also have an indoor pool and whirlpool. Me and my two girls and my husband stayed here for four days and we got charges $99 a night plus $35 pet few. Their pet fee I think is kind of high but none of the other nicer hotels accepted pets. And this hotel only accepts them on the 3td floor. I guess so that the other carpets aren't destroyed. Makes sense really.

• Stayed May 2013
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stopped in Fort Stockton, TX for the night. First hotel we checked was $149.00 a night ($126.00 military discount). Went to Sleep Inn & Suites and they had a room for $90.00 (military discount). The place is nice, clean, quiet. Beds were comfortable and there was a complimentary breakfast. Nothing fancy, scrambled eggs, sausage, cold cereal, coffee, juice, other items. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ldo96
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay, indoor pool and hot tub, excellent person @the front desk, get breakfast. Management was@ 100%, David helped out Alot, will stay again, we recommend the place as your first stop, newly remodeled, very nice for the price.....

• Stayed April 2013
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Travelling in west Texas with my boss we booked 2 rooms at the Sleep Inn as a central location for meetings in Ft Stockton and Pecos. The place was packed so we ended up with me having to take a smoking room (allowing my boss the only remaining non-smoking room). The odor was awful and seemed to get worse the longer we stayed. Sure complicated my sinus condition and by night two I could hardly breath or sleep. However, the staff were friendly and breakfast was above average for a Sleep Inn, probably because they have so many blue collar workers staying there on week nights.

Room Tip: Book early to get a non smoke room!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. First, they quoted one price then charged another. When I received my bill I challenged the bill and they stated only the manager could discuss billing but the manager is never available to take phone calls. Second, the hotel smelled of smoke. Third, the front desk is lazy and are not forthcoming with information (had to ask multiple times). Fourth, pet rooms are only available in the smoking secion but still cost $35 dollars, they should allow pets to stay for free if you have to stay in the smoking section. Lastly, the breakfast is included however they do not refill most items so the food is limited.

Again, the worst hotel I have stayed at in years. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the other hotels in town.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
sleepinnFortStockton, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our guests. When you check in, there is a place to intital the rate. If you are traveling with a pet, we do suggest that you make the reservation directly with the hotel because 3rd party websites fail to show the pet rooms or the pet charges. We do try to accommodate all our guests and in doing so have pet designated rooms so that guests that do not like being in a pet room or have health issues can also be looked after. Our pet room s which include smoking and nonsmoking are on the third floor because to accomodate a guest with a pet and also smokes (smoking rooms only on third floor) we had to put on 3rd floor (so other floors can be all nonsmoking). We are currently in the process on reducing the amount of smoking rooms at the hotel. As far as the pet fee, we use it to renovate the pet rooms and also removing carpet and cleaning. According to the travel dates, you were traving during spring break and breakfast is very hard to keep up with when is extrordinally large amounts of people in the breakfast area.
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The room we had was two queen beds that were very comfortable. They had too much furniture in the room - the chair and ottoman were hard to get to and really in a tight space. People very friendly. The lobby and elevator need a clean up - new carpet might help but certainly the elevator never got vacuumed from one day to the next and it needed it! Price was very good and certainly the room and bathroom was very clean. Hair dryer didn't work but they provided a new one.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple