“After a long drive, this hotel was EXACTLY what we needed!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed 13 July 2011

After a long a tiring drive from Houston, I came across Fort Stockton, and was very disappointed in how small it was, but I was at my limit for the day and decided to stay here. I must say, best choice I've ever made for a stay in a hotel! My first walk into the hotel and I noticed the lobby, a fire place, a TV, and a place to sit. The desk clerk was very nice and was very helpful as well. When I checked in I had no problem getting a great room, because as the name says "Comfort Suites" the room was literally a comforting suite. It was very spacious and for the amount I paid, was even more than I expected. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. If I ever do this drive again, I'll surely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Wowstays

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I was driving from Houston to California and stayed here in mid June 2011. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was great (did not have an overabundance of choices but still had plenty).

I would highly recommend this hotel for people traveling on I-10 and stopping in Ft Stockton. The location is perfect (easy access to I-10, large parking lot to accomodate U-Haul trucks). There is also a good, down home BBQ restaurant almost across the street called K-Bob's.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank blinnenkohl
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Stockon itself is nothing much, so for us the stay was the main event. There is an information center on old Fort Stockton, but it was closed. The number of stores to shop is rather limited. The temperature of 111 Fahrenheit that day, - may have been a factor.

The beds are nice and we slept well. With "well" I mean the alarm clock had to wake me up at 07:30, a time I am usually awake. The rooms are large and has one medium sized TV with an array of channels. We enjoyed the information leaflet on which channels were where.

There is a fitness room with two treadmills and several other apparatus, and of course an air condition too cool you off. The room even has a wright for your to measure your body weight. There is an indoor pool where you also can swim. Some indoor pools are too small for that.

The wifi wireless was uncooperative. I got in, but was thrown out. I have an AT&T connection and had to relay on that. Problem with wifi in the Choice chain is a general problem that is best solved by a universal solution from by Choice. This is the problem with branding, " as the franchise issuer you should solve problems related to clients moving from hotel to hotel within the chain."

The hotel and it's decor is modern and leaves an upscale impression. At USD 116 it was very good value for money.

Room Tip: Good value for money
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phagerup
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed here on the way from Houston to Carlsbad Caverns. This hotel is very new and was spacious enough for our family of 5. They have a nice indoor heated pool which was a great way to finish off a days driving. They have a microwave and fridge in the room. It's located not far from the I 10 and also the road to Carlsbad. Breakfast was OK...no complaints from the kids and staff friendly enough.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank 5KiwisinOz
Reviewed 26 March 2011

This place seemed very new and had huge rooms, very comfortable beds, great breakfast. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful with advice on dinner options, and the late night clerk was friendly and helpful with other questions and when we went to ask for an extra blanket. The hot breakfast buffet was very good and the area was sparkling clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vagabondmom1
Reviewed 11 March 2011

General Manager and owner are one and the same. Owner did all the decorating which is very, very nice. Room was clean, very comfortable. Full breakfast, not just continental. We would return here all the time based on this trip.
Good Chinese restaurant next door and steak house just down the street.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 27 April 2010

In general hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Very similar to other new Comfort Suites. Pool was pretty cold even though indoors but hot tub was nice and hot. Found used towel on the first stay and a large vetrinarian needle on the carpet on the second visit. Their beds and pillows were awesome- more like 4 star quality.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family