Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
San Angelo, Texas
“Rip off”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My assistand and I were on the return part of a trip to El Paso and had to stop at Ft. Stockton because neither of us could drive any further. It was 2 a.m. and I was happy that we were able to find two rooms at a decent rate (119.99) That was the last of the pleasantness. The desk clerk was a young man (wearing a black knit cap, not very professional) who struggled to complete our transaction. As a school employee, I presented him our state tax exempt form and let him know I would be paying cash. Again, he seemed to not know what to do. He told me he would need a credit card to hold for incidentals, which I provided. After about 15 minutes he finally gave us our room keys. The room itself was okay, if not a little worn.
The next morning at 7:30 (a mere 5 hours after I had checked in) I went to check out. A quick check out bill had been placed under my door. When I looked at it I noticed that he had charged me state tax (from which we are exempt, for which I had given him the form). After much confusion he refunded me $14.40. When I asked for an itemized bill he said they did not do that. That was my mistake. Two hours down the road I get a call from my husband that our checking out had $542.36 deducted from it by Holiday Inn Express in Ft. Stockton. I immediately called the hotel to see what was going on. Not only had the clerk failed to note that I had paid cash the night before, he proceeded to charge me TWICE for the two rooms. Yes, that five hour nap was costing me $800. I spoke to a young woman who assured me they were working on it. My cash payment was found in the safe, yet I have still not be refunded my $542.36!! It has now been a week!!! Frustrated, disappointed, angry, defrauded all describe my experience. Stay away, stay away, stay away!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Connie B,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Colorado
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel is only bout 3 yrs old. Beds are comfy and the front desk person was great. BUT, the noise is horrible. I could hear everything the man was saying on the phone in next room. The person above me was stomping across the floor until midnight; doors in the hall were slamming very loudly all night; carpet stains in hall were nasty (2nd floor); the silicone caulking in tub was black with mold...when I rubbed it with a rag I got dirt and mold off and with barely touching it the caulking came off. Then, made myself coffee in the room with water from faucet and within 15 minutes I had stomach problems....great when you are traveling! Was fine before and haven't had anything else!

Room Tip: Guess top floor would help, no one above you anyway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear cobikergirl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are happy to read you found or beds comfortable. However, we understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered and poor cleanliness of the bathroom. We have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N

Travellers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Coming to LA from Austin and this was our first time staying here. VERY small town, but lots of hotels. THis place was very clean surprisingly since most of the blue collar guys staying there looked pretty rough. Breakfast was tasty and ample. beds and rooms were very comfortable and clean. Check in was a breeze and check out even easier. Great place to stay overall!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Arielle P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Maczuga1,
Thank you so much for your wondeful review, it is an amazing feeling on behalf of my staff to know that our job was well done. We appreciate all the good insight we recieve from our fellow customers. We look foward to seeing you in the near future and once again thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Fort Stockton Tx.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stopped by on a cross country trip. The property was the usual Holiday Inn Express, but looked in need of refreshing and updating. There were cigarette butts on the entrance side walk (granted the parking lot was under a re-built but management should have seen to the entrance cleanliness). Our room had evidence of a hasty and poorly freshened room. The pool was dirty and out of service. The breakfast was only so-so and the eating area was very small. For the value, we felt the price was high for the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karl V
Arielle P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear KarlV,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize with the descrepencies that you encountered during your stay here with us. We hope on your next stay we exceed your expectations and provide you with exceptional service. We hope to see you again.
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

It has been several years since I had the occasion to need a place to stay in Ft Stockton TX.
This boom town now has several choices and the Holiday Inn Express didn't disappoint.
Check in was very quick and easy. Our room was well appointed with plenty of towels, comfortable beds and very clean. If you are traveling Highway 10 through west Texas, you will find a welcome rest here.

• Stayed September 2013
Arielle P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Sallylb83,

I would like to personally thank you for your wonderful review. It is great to know we were able to provide you with great service and that your stay was up to your standards.On behalf of my staff it is always rewarding to know that our job was well done. We look foward to see again on your next stay.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend and I, was not impressed by this place at all. Beyond ugly appearance, and man at the desk gave us bad directions to our room. Location was horrible. This was not worth the price we paid to stay there. Never again will we stay at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Anglprp7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We staid twice, once on the way to San Antonio and once on the way back. The pool was frigid when we arrived in the evening on the first stay, and the kids couldn’t stay in very long because their lips were turning blue. It was getting dark thankfully and we were unaware of the pool’s condition (the light was burned out fortunately). On the way back we arrived earlier in the day. The kids jumped into the pool as I looked to see the bottom of the pool filled with debris. The water was still cold, and there was a clear sticky film on the top of the water. We pulled the kids out immediately. The light was not only burned out…it was literally out of the pool wall with the electrical cable extending from the wall, through the water, to the light fixture which was sitting next to the pool.
It was not only gross but also upsetting since there is very little to do on that road trip, and book hotels with pools so the kids have something fun to do.
We informed the front desk but nothing happened. The manager left for the day in his big shining 4x4, wearing designer clothes, and pulling a matching travel bag. I’m glad he’s profiting from a lack luster establishment so at least someone is happy. Very disappointing from a Holiday Inn. Clearly a management problem.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear T H,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Rest assured, your comments have been documented for review and to take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M