“Been to better!”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Rifle, Colorado
“Been to better!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The lady that checked us in was very accommodating and willing to help with all our needs. There were three of us and had made reservations for a suite. I was a General Manager of a different hotel chain for many years. I am now a pipeline surveyor and look at hotels in a different light. The hotel was very clean. The swimming pool was being remodeled which we really didn't care about, we were there to work. The suite was very roomy and comfortable for three grown men. We had two queen beds and a couch that folded out into a bed. We were impressed. The breakfast on the other hand was, don't get me wrong, very good...... BUT, the breakfast lady was unaccommodating. She was more into watching the Amity Horror on the breakfast room television then paying attention to her job. 1st- I thought it to be very strange that the lobby tv had the Amity Horror on it instead of the news. 2nd- We were only down there for about a 1/2 hour. in that time, the coffee ran out several times. 3rd- The pancake mix machine was empty and I had to ask for it to be filled. I had to ask the front desk because the lady had disappeared. She never smiled once at anyone and to be truthful, a Good Morning from the breakfast lady should be a priority. She is normally the first person a guest sees when they come out of their room in the morning.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms were nice. Just stay clear of the breakfast lady.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Arielle P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are happy that you were happy with your room service. My sincere apology for the inconvience you had during breakfast. As we value each guest, we hope next time on your next stay we meet your expectations for breakfast.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed one night with my husband and two kids. Very nice and clean and the customer service was excellent. They were very friendly and attentive. Will definitely stay again if passing through. Great Value without spending a fortune.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Arielle P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Lisa K,

Thank You so much for taking your time to review our hotel. On behalf of staff we want to thank you for this wonderful review. As we strive to meet all of the guest expectations. We hope to see you again when passing through.. Thank you and Happy Holidays!!!
Kerrville, Tx
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I, spent the last three nights at the HIE and found everything very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was very nicely decorated. Alex, was our housekeeper, and she was very efficient and friendly. She was able to answer all of the questions we had, concerning the fort, springs and other area attractions. The front desk clerk always spoke when we were going out for the day or returning to our room. Thankfully, the employees did NOT smoke like chimneys at the front door, like we have encountered at other HIE's. We enjoyed our stay and hope we can return soon. Our appreciation to the staff!

Room Tip: Situated across the street from K-Bobs and near the airport.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Arielle P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear travelrnot,

Thank you oh so very much! Wow this has definitley made our day. Alex has not read this yet but as soon as she is in we will recognize her awesome behavior. I am so very pleased with the performance my staff has given you. We all work extremely hard to provide all our guest with exceptional service and we have met your expecations, which is wonderful! Again thank you so much for making our day and this awesome review. We hope to see you soon!
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My assistand and I were on the return part of a trip to El Paso and had to stop at Ft. Stockton because neither of us could drive any further. It was 2 a.m. and I was happy that we were able to find two rooms at a decent rate (119.99) That was the last of the pleasantness. The desk clerk was a young man (wearing a black knit cap, not very professional) who struggled to complete our transaction. As a school employee, I presented him our state tax exempt form and let him know I would be paying cash. Again, he seemed to not know what to do. He told me he would need a credit card to hold for incidentals, which I provided. After about 15 minutes he finally gave us our room keys. The room itself was okay, if not a little worn.
The next morning at 7:30 (a mere 5 hours after I had checked in) I went to check out. A quick check out bill had been placed under my door. When I looked at it I noticed that he had charged me state tax (from which we are exempt, for which I had given him the form). After much confusion he refunded me $14.40. When I asked for an itemized bill he said they did not do that. That was my mistake. Two hours down the road I get a call from my husband that our checking out had $542.36 deducted from it by Holiday Inn Express in Ft. Stockton. I immediately called the hotel to see what was going on. Not only had the clerk failed to note that I had paid cash the night before, he proceeded to charge me TWICE for the two rooms. Yes, that five hour nap was costing me $800. I spoke to a young woman who assured me they were working on it. My cash payment was found in the safe, yet I have still not be refunded my $542.36!! It has now been a week!!! Frustrated, disappointed, angry, defrauded all describe my experience. Stay away, stay away, stay away!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Connie B,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Colorado
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel is only bout 3 yrs old. Beds are comfy and the front desk person was great. BUT, the noise is horrible. I could hear everything the man was saying on the phone in next room. The person above me was stomping across the floor until midnight; doors in the hall were slamming very loudly all night; carpet stains in hall were nasty (2nd floor); the silicone caulking in tub was black with mold...when I rubbed it with a rag I got dirt and mold off and with barely touching it the caulking came off. Then, made myself coffee in the room with water from faucet and within 15 minutes I had stomach problems....great when you are traveling! Was fine before and haven't had anything else!

Room Tip: Guess top floor would help, no one above you anyway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear cobikergirl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are happy to read you found or beds comfortable. However, we understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered and poor cleanliness of the bathroom. We have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Coming to LA from Austin and this was our first time staying here. VERY small town, but lots of hotels. THis place was very clean surprisingly since most of the blue collar guys staying there looked pretty rough. Breakfast was tasty and ample. beds and rooms were very comfortable and clean. Check in was a breeze and check out even easier. Great place to stay overall!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Arielle P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Maczuga1,
Thank you so much for your wondeful review, it is an amazing feeling on behalf of my staff to know that our job was well done. We appreciate all the good insight we recieve from our fellow customers. We look foward to seeing you in the near future and once again thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Fort Stockton Tx.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stopped by on a cross country trip. The property was the usual Holiday Inn Express, but looked in need of refreshing and updating. There were cigarette butts on the entrance side walk (granted the parking lot was under a re-built but management should have seen to the entrance cleanliness). Our room had evidence of a hasty and poorly freshened room. The pool was dirty and out of service. The breakfast was only so-so and the eating area was very small. For the value, we felt the price was high for the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karl V
Arielle P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear KarlV,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize with the descrepencies that you encountered during your stay here with us. We hope on your next stay we exceed your expectations and provide you with exceptional service. We hope to see you again.