Budget Inn
US$192
Fairfield Inn
US$214
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Fort Stockton)
US$143
Deluxe Inn(Fort Stockton)
US$112
TripAdvisor
Super 8 Ft Stockton(Fort Stockton)
US$134
TripAdvisor
All reviewsflat screenstay there againfresh paintroom was largetaxfurniturecoffeemakergashighwayhoustondeskinternet
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The major brand hotels that we checked were booked as we decided to stop for the night in Fort Stockton. Reviews that we read were mixed. However, we were greeted by a pleasant young man (son of the owner?) The rooms were clean, linen was clean, mattresses appeared new with no signs of bed bugs, nice flat screen TV with either expanded cable or direct TV, and a/c in good working order. The owners were in the process of changing out "room keys" for electronic card swipe access. And it appeared the owners were repairing and updating the rooms. Yes, it is a motel, but it was a nice overnight stop on a road trip for me & my UT Austin bound son. I would rate this "excellent" for an overnight stop in Fort Stockton, although Marriott/Hilton are my usual hotel choices.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Having come from a couple of nights in Motel 6's, we picked this one because we did not have to climb stairs. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised--the rooms were bigger, the bathrooms were recently remodeled, with upgraded fixtures, the TV was a newer flat screen, the bed was quite comfortable, and the room was clean.

Best of all was the welcome we received from this family run establishment.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don R
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Super gross. Guy was rude, hung up on me after I called to verify if he had two rooms. Then the price magically jumped $10. Basic room, yellow dried matter on the bed sheets, slept in my clothes. Perfect room if you are a band rolling in at 2:30am looking for 3 hours of sleep. Thank the lord above I didn't have a black light on me. Oh, added bonus of stained towels :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Sadly, I booked this motel based on some reviews online. I am amazed that anyone would rate this hotel above a 2, on a scale of 1 to 5.

Had I not been so tired when I arrived, I would have left even though I had already paid online and would not be refunded.

The front door had been recently rebuilt, the entire door jamb was new unpainted wood. I can only guess that for some reason in the recent past, it had gotten kicked in.
That made me a little nervous.

The walls were thin and subsequently noisy. The room had a fridge, but it was quite loud and I had to unplug it if I wanted to sleep or hear the 1980's vintage tube type TV.

The bathroom supplies were the tiny mini soap, and shampoo you squeeze out of a mini envelope. Works ok if you have a crew cut I guess, but I have long hair and the envelope didn't have enough shampoo in it to properly suds up. I opted to wash my hair at my next overnight stop instead.

I would not recommend this motel mainly due to the lack of cleanliness, the tattered towels that were worse than the towels I have a home that go to the rag box, and the noise level.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed overnight, this motel is very basic!

The bad: Our room was very outdated, furniture had lots of scratches. One of the chairs had a broken arm. The pillows were terrible, flat as pancakes. What shocked me the most was how poorly cleaned it was. I had to wipe dusty surfaces and even cleaned the aircon filter. The walls also had mysterious stains on it. The lamp shape were covered in dust. The wallls in this place are paper thin, we could hear our neighbours having a conversation and even watching a movie at 4am. The aircon also needs to be replaced. It doesn't self regulate, so we slept with it OFF as it was too noisy when ON.

The good: considering the condition of the room the queen bed was comfortable.The bathroom has been partially remodelled: the tiles, shower curtain and toilet appear new. There is a new flat screen TV. It comes with a fridge and microwave. The wi-fi was free and speed was good.

Would I stay hear again? No way! For just under $60 this was too much for this place. I will definitely pay a little bit more next time for a better quality motel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family