“Not bad, but not great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton

Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
San Antonio, Texas
“Not bad, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Candlewood was a nice cozy little place to stay. We needed a hq to go to marfa and mcdonald observatory as all the hotels in those small cities were all booked up. The price was a little bit on the high side. 120 a night was a little steep. Plus the didnt offer a complimentary breakfast as they say that they are an extended stay hotel. To pay that much it could have been better, but all in all it was an ok little room. I also didnt like the fact that the ac's were controlled by a smart thermostat that turns off when you leave the room and it also turned off in the middle of the night so we woke up in a sweat. I feel that their rooms could be about 20-30$ cheaper for what you are really getting. Which is just a clean bed and a shower.

Room Tip: Be sure that you turn on the icemaker in the fridge as they dont have an icemaker anywhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Darren H,

On behalf of the hotel staff and I, we would like to thank you for your stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Hotel.
As you are aware, we are an extended stay hotel and our brand is not for everyone due to us not having a complimentary breakfast. IHG has other brands that might meet your needs better than we can. As for the rates, we are at a lower rate than our Competitors in the area.
We thank you for your business and hope you keep using IHG brands for your future travels.

Elizabeth Fabre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was a very nice clean place to stay. The kitchen was very handy the bed was comfortable the bathroom had all of the necessary amenities. The room was quiet - no noise from the hallway or the neighbors. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lizmit
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Lizmit,

I'ld like to thank you from the Candlewood Suites staff and I, for taking time out of your schedule to write us a review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of our amenities.
We hope to cater to you again in the near future.

Bastrop, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

The room is nice, clean. However, we arrived late. I called while in transit. Spoke to Liz. She assured me that she would check me in to prevent the computer from cancelling our reservation and showing us as a no-show. Upon arrival, I had no reservation according to the desk clerk. Fortunately I had my confirmation number with me. She then told me that I had lost my room, but that she still had another room I could have. While it is likely we could have found a room elsewhere, as we were traveling on a Thursday night, I did not need the stress after 5 hard hours of driving and calling ahead to be sure we had no issues. I am not sure what else I could have done, and probably won't recommend this hotel. There are plenty of choices in Ft. Stockton besides this one.

Room Tip: Access to property from highway is confusing. More signage is needed.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley S
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Shirley S,

First and foremost i want to thank you on behalf of the Candlewood Suites and I for still choosing to stay with us even though there were issues with your reservation.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and lack of communication there was with my staff about your reservation.
I hope you can give us a second chance to let us cater to you in the near future.

Operations Manager
DeLand, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

So delighted to find a W Texas Candlewood with an outdoor pool!!! Its very hot in West TX and I love to sit out by/in the pool! Property is 4 years new - very nice General Manager and staff. The usual Candlewood style and decor but very clean. Small town - but there is a Walmart, Lowes Grocer - couple/few restaurants and basically everything you need in this little town. Here on business for several weeks and glad to have such a nice place with availability and good service. Price is average for the area - very high demand for rooms due to OIL boom!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is for Guests with ANIMALS....if you are not traveling with one I would not suggest the 3r...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Jeanninemr,
We were so elated to have read your review that we took time to present to our staff during our weekly staff meetings. Its reviews such as these that light up our faces and present a positive moral for our morning, thank you.
When traveling, please keep in mind as an IHG Hotel, we have many more brands that I know for a fact you will enjoy...our Staybridge, Crowne Plaza, Indigo's, Holiday Inn Resorts and Express to name a few.
To reiterate, thank you for your patronage, we appreciate you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

The room has a full kitchen. We got two beds and an arm chair. They have free movies and a grill at the pool. We used the pool on our first stay chilly but the kids enjoyed it. Another guest was grilling his dinner he looked very happy. They have a lot of free movies to pick from it was nice as a family to put a movie in to keep us busy before we were ready to go to sleep after the long drive. Yes I know eggs and bacon are nice but the free banana and oatmeal was fine - they have a small store that you can buy things from if you need it. The extra space clean rooms and movies & popcorn are worth the stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Genevieve E
Dear Genevieve E,
Good afternoon, on behalf of the Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton and its staff, we want to first thank you for allowing us to cater to you and your family this past July 13th visit.
I was elated to read that you and your family did take advantage of some of our unique Candlewood Suites amenities such as the pool/gazebo and one of the favorites, our updated recently released DVD Lending Library.
In the event you were not fully aware of our additional amenities, we also have complimentary washer/dryers for our guests, a fully stocked cupboard open 24hrs and for our guest privacy; 7 day housekeeping and of course our Pet Friendly Pet Policy!
Again, thank you so much for your business. We appreciate you!!
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

On the mind-and-rear-end numbing drive across Texas you need a place to stop that is reliably clean and comfortable. This hotel has been that for us 3 separate times over the past 2 years, most recently the end of June. The rooms have a small kitchen, queen size bed, desk/dining table, and comfortable recliner. Reception staff is pleasant and efficient. And they are dog-friendly ($35 cost for the pet). There is an IHOP restaurant a couple of blocks away. We got the menu at the hotel front desk and went over to the restaurant to place the order for take out...and ate in our room. The hotel chain does not serve breakfast in the morning (they are designed for longer stays, ergo the kitchen in the room) but this property has fresh coffee, bananas and apples available. They also have a "pantry" with juices, soft drinks, snacks, that you can select from on the honor system. A few "nits" in case management is reading this: it would be nice to have 4 pillows on the bed (vs 3) when 2 guests are in the room; having an ice machine on the property would be helpful for those of us not staying long enough for the in-room refrigerator to make ice; and a reading lamp on both sides of the bed would be appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear winksHouston,
I would like to introduce myself as the GM of the Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton. Mr./Mrs. WinksHouston, It is rare to have someone take time to write such a nice survey regarding their recent stay! For this we want to thank you and appreciate you.
To assist you in answering your request, we do not have an ice machine in our hallways. What we do have are the ice makers in your full size refrigerators, unfortunately it does take an average of 7-10 minutes for it to drop. In the meantime should you ever need ice immediately we do keep baggies at the front readily available for our guest at no charge. You'll be happy to hear that we are in the process of upgrading our terry and linen in each and every room; beige to white and adding an additional pillow, making it a total of 4 pillows to each bed! Our second floor conversion begins this Monday 22nd of July.
Reading lamps along with additional counter space in our ADA Suites are something we are looking into. Beginning January 1, 2014 we will have additional clip on lamps for guest to check out during their stay along with additional appliances and games boards!
I do hope these future additions will complete your needs and requests when visiting our hotel.
Thank you again for your business!
Edinburg, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

As of June, 2013, this Candlewood Suites is fairly new. Intended for longer stays, it also accepts overnight guests. Under normal circumstances it might be a little pricey for me, but I happened upon a special, and selected it for one night. Everything was quite excellent: check-in, check-out, and the room was quite spacious, and the beds comfortable. Very clean and well kept, and the staff was most gracious, Melanie (I think it was) was lovely to us. We were not interested in the kitchen, of course. The bathroom was quite fine, and the lighting acceptable. There is no breakfast (since it is an extended stay hotel and you would cook yourself), except for a few items in the gift shop which may be charged to your bill. If I can score a good price, this will be my Fort Stockton hotel from now on. A great choice.

Room Tip: Book as much in advance as possible, and look for specials if you have a choice in dates.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reservata2,
First and foremost, on behalf of the Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton and its staff members, we want to thank you for the opportunity to have catered to you and your family.
Second, we appreciate the kind words, it is survey's such as yours that enlighten our days and are great to share during our weekly staff meetings.
We strive ourselves to assure that we continue to provide all of our guest the utmost professionalism and to make certain that we have and will provide a memorable experience making our Candlewood Suites "home away from home" .
We looking forward to your next visit....we appreciate you!