“Flea attack”

Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel got better as far as customer service much better, room looked cleaner than the first one I had months ago and the front desk people were not rude like the first time i stayed there. The only problem I encountered this time was that all of a sudden I got THREE FLEA BITES on my back, It made me wonder if they really clean the rooms since large dogs are allowed to stay there.
Not really comfortable sleeping the rest if my stay , thinking what else I was going to see there.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear bryanmantezoni,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites and I, We would like to thank you for your business and your loyalty. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay this time around. As for the flea bites, we have designated pet rooms and each one gets shampooed and fogged when they check out. That is why we have a non refundable pet fee.
We hope we can cater to your needs on your next stay as well.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love candlewood suites. It makes being away from home much easier. The rooms are very cozy and welcoming. I would rather stay in a candlewood than most places which is why I gave such a high rating, but this particular location isn't one of my favorites. All of the staff, except a few house keepers, are rude and unwelcoming. If you're expecting mail, don't expect them to let you know that it's arrived. The washers are front loaders and all have mildew in them. I'm guessing their staff situation is just like every other place in Ft Stockton, gotta deal with what you got.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Wwife,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff and I, We would like to thank you for your business and your loyalty. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I hope in your future travels you can give us a second chance to redeem ourselves and cater to your needs.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

The free movie library was great! Saved us some money and had a good time. The breakfast was good for what it was. Simple and no frills. The only complaint is that people staying across from us were loud. Other than that it is a great place to stay while you are traveling through Texas.

Stayed: October 2013
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear LouisE,

On behalf of the hotel staff and I, we would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write us a review. We are glad you enjoyed our amenities. I do apologize for the noise during your stay. Hopefully you will let us cater to your needs in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've never stayed at a Candlewood Suites, but we booked a room here based on all the glowing on-line reviews, and based on the fact they're owned by the same folks who own Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc. But we knew we'd been had as soon as we walked into the lobby with its crowded common area and blaring TV, shabby front desk area, and a non-stop stream of dogs coming and going ... most of them with their owners.

We tried to give these folks the benefit of the doubt and looked at two different rooms. But both were just as shabby as the lobby.

I will give credit to the young woman on duty who cancelled our reservation, even though we had stupidly agreed to terms that the room had to be cancelled 24 hours in advance. Never will we do that again. And never will we book an IHG franchise hotel again.

Room Tip: Try the Hampton Inn next door.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Buckminster_Fievre
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear SoCal_Chainsaw,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

We read with much concern the issue you had with our hotel. We sincerely apologize for you did not find our hotel to your liking and truly sorry that we were not able to exceed or at least meet your expectations. We deeply regret the poor experience and the negative impressions you may have had.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we pride ourselves with. Rest assured that your comments will be used to consider improvements where possible. We hope that you give us another chance and allow us to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Traveling across West Texas on the way to Austin in the aftermath of a Gulf hurricane. Looking at the map Fort Stockton puts you about 330 miles out of Austin so you can make it the next day without driving 8 or 9 hours. This property was just about impossible to find. They don't list GPS coordinates on their site, they did tell us to put in McDonalds so we could find out way back after dinner. Basically a suite hotel with minimally extras. No breakfast, no anything. They did have some fruit out and a pantry that sold things. I would say the free DVD library was about the only amenity they provided. They won by default.

One caution, the town doesn't have adequate infrastructure so many of the streets we had to navigate going to and coming back from dinner were flooded. If you have a high clearance vehicle that's great, watch it if you have a regular vehicle.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear LVSCA,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff and I, we would like to thank you for your business. I do apologize for any inconvenience you had at our hotel during your stay. We are an extended stay hotel and only offer a light breakfast of Fresh fruit, instant oatmeal and coffee due to the full kitchen in each suites. Some of our other amenities are our Cupboard, Free gym and Laundry, business center,dvd lending library, gazebo, bbq pits and fire pit. Our brand is not for everyone but IHG does have other hotels that can cater to your needs. We hope you will choose IHG in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

They don't want one-nighters. In fact if you stay only one night, your statement designates you as a "transient."

When I asked for ice, I was told to "turn on the ice maker." But, I wanted ice now, not tomorrow morning. "Sorry, we are an extended stay hotel". What if I checked in for 7 days, do I only get ice after the first day?

Yet, they were more than willing to charge me $121 + tax, for a $50 to $75 a night room.

BTW, the web site said they have ice machines.

Room Tip: Stay at any other hotel in Ft Stockton unless you consider yourself a "non-transient."
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jim Bunch,

I would like to thank you for your business on behalf of the Candlewood suites staff and I, and also apologize for not being able to cater to you needs. We are an extended stay but we also except guest staying one night. Our brand is not for everyone, however ihg has other brands that might suit you better. As for the rate, we are one of the least expensive in the area. We hope you continue to use IHG in your travels.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is excellent for an overnight stay. After driving 7 hours, with the wife and kids, we were ready to relax. The staff was very friendly and professional. We took advantage of the pool and free DVD rental. Breakfast could use some work but it was free. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2013

Dear Louis E,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff and I, we would like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write us with such positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our amenities. As for breakfast, due to we are extended stay we do not do a hot breakfast only light continental, such as fresh fruit, instant oatmeal and Coffee.
We hope to see you again in the near future.