Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton
Comfort Suites(Fort Stockton)
US$146
ComfortSuites
US$169
Super 8 Ft Stockton(Fort Stockton)
US$134
US$115
Sleep Inn & Suites(Fort Stockton)
US$134
Deluxe Inn(Fort Stockton)
TripAdvisor
Budget Inn(Fort Stockton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskoatmealfree moviessized fridgerecliner chairaccept petslast minute stopnice linenswest texasroom was cleanroad tripa great place to stayeasy accessgreat roompleasant surprisebig bend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was our first visit at a Candlewood, and it will not be our last! Thinking it's going to be another IHG hotel. Wow, The greeting was very warm and friendly. The receptionist was first and then the manager. Candlewood in not just a hotel it can be a long stay for you if needed. The rooms a very large with a full kitchen, yes a full kitchen!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary C
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Mr. Gary C,
First and foremost thank you for your recent visit and patronage! I was elated to have read your comment.......I am so glad that your initial experience with our Candlewoods Suites was everything you expected. Here at the CWS Fort Stockton we pride ourselves in assuring we provide not only our extended guests but our 1-3 day stay family members with the "second to none" service that we practice each and every day.
As part of the IHG Family, we have yet another Extended Stay sister property known as the Staybridge Suites, a slightly higher caliber extended stay hotel, if your ever in a lager market, take advantage of these beautiful properties.
To reiterate, thank you again for the opportunity to cater to you, we hope to see you in the near future when you travels bring you to West Texas!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This review is from a few months ago-for some reason it didn't post when I originally wrote it...

My husband and I stayed here on a quick overnight before continuing on to see family. We selected this hotel based on reviews on here and rate and were quickly disappointed. Things were kind of a mess from the time we checked in. The girls at the front weren't in uniform, they were wearing hoodies! And they stated their computer wasn't working, so they proceeded to check us in by standing way at the back of their office and yelling our information back and forth. Nice. Ok, we're so tired, just want to get to the room. The room was so musty, it was close to unbearable. I get the humid thing, I used to live in Georgia, but this was ridiculous. Also, the room didn't appear particularly clear. The top of the fridge had papers from a previous guest and had obviously not been dusted in months. There was no luggage rack, so suitcases sat on the floor. The clock in the room was broken-no time showed up on the face-don't you think a housekeeper would notice that? The sheets were stained. I didn't really even want to get into bed. Later in the evening we observed the front desk girls hanging out in a guest's room! It appeared that these guests were frequent-stayers...perhaps they work in the area? This was so unprofessional however!
Now, to be fair, the room layout was nice. Having the kitchen amenities is helpful since they don't include breakfast. There was free oatmeal and coffee/tea in the lobby. The location is right off the highway, so very easy for a stop-over, but not loud.

We wouldn't stay here again though, even just passing through.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hydroxero
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Hydroxero,
Let me begin by introducing myself as the newly appointed GM at the Candlewood Suites in Fort Stockton, I was away for the 3rd & 4th Qtr in 2013 troubleshooting a property in San Antonio, returning back to Fort Stockton this past January 17th.
I was reading to your recent posting in regards to your stay this past September 2013 and on behalf of my current staff and myself please accept my apology for the inconsistencies and unprofessionalism you and your family experienced during your stay.
It is not customary for any of the properties I run, much less an IHG Property to have these conditions, inconsistencies and unprofessionalism.
We take pride in our hotels and I am happy to share that we now have a dedicated staff of professionals that will make certain we meet your everyday hospitality needs, assuring you recieve a clean suite accompanied by a memorable stay.
I have iniatiated new policy and procedures for both in house guests and employees, brining this hotel back to the high standards both IHG & myself expect.
I would certainly welcome an opportunity to speak to you, in hopes you allow us another opportunity to display our passion we have for our guests here at the Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Checked in with a breeze. Smiling presence at front desk mentioned that this property had some complimentary breakfast items, not typical of Candlewood Suites. Comfortable sleep. Enjoyed friendly conversation with maintenance person who was enthusiastic about caring for customers. He mentioned planned expansion of the parking lot to accommodate trucks and other large vehicles.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Organized Finn,
Good afternoon, on behalf of my staff and I at the CWS we want to thank you for taking time to write such a nice review.
I am grateful for having such a passionate staff, in this industry its the people you surround yourself with that makes a difference and in my case my career!
Thank you again for the opportunity to host you and your family, if you find yourself traveling thru West Texas we would certainly welcome you with open arms. In the event you are new to IHG, please take time to visit our sister properties throughout your travels; Staybrigde, Suites, Crowne Plaza, the Indigo to name a few.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This review is only reflective of the GM. You see you lead by example, the desk girls were very helpful and courteous, rooms were perfect, price was more than reasonable, and my stay was enjoyable....but when I come in from work and the GM's white 4Runner is parked in a handicap parking spot with no indication of being disabled by physical appearance and nothing hanging on his rearview mirror or stamped on his license plates and I was not mistaken but I witnessed him several days coming and going parking in the same place..then he's telling the manager about one girl who does nothing but sit on her *ss and how it's complete BS...You have an office for those conversations not behind your little wall at the front desk! Definitely not a good look for someone in the hospitality and customer service business..

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank MikeHoncho4
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Mr. MikeHoncho,

First and foremost, thank you for your patronage, we appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to provide you with your overnight accommodations.
Second, I cannot begin to apologize for the un-professionalism you witnessed during your visit, There is no excuse for what you experienced.
I am glad that you brought this to my attention, unfortunately for the hotel and I, it took an outsider to bring it to my attention. I do hope this does not hinder your travels to my hotel and or any other IHG Property.
Understand that this is not normal, daily business practices... it is because of my staff that I have been successful throughout my career, practicing professionalism, courtesy and of course the human factor are essential in my field.
To reiterate, thank you for the attention and comment, this was an eye opener and rest assured I will speak to my staff and apologize to the specific employee.
Please allow us another opportunity to host you and your family during your next travels through West Texas.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I stayed one night in a Studio Suite, and this room was no larger than the average hotel room. We will book a One Bedroom Suite on our next stop in Fort Stockton. The room location was a bit noisy (room 212, near the elevators). There was also some noise from the parking lot at night, so I used ear plugs. The air conditioner and heater are combined in a window unit, and it was hard to keep a consistent room temperature. A four cup coffee pot (and coffee) is provided, along with a toaster, but the kitchen does not have an oven. This hotel is conveniently located off I-10. Overall, the room was decent, and clean enough for us to be comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators, and away from the parking lot. Studio Suites are no larger than a hotel room, so book a larger room if you need space and privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear LibbyNeill,
On behalf of the CWS and my staff, we want to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to cater to your overnight accommodations.
I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected, unlike our sister property, The Holiday Inn Express we are an extended stay hotel. Our culture is different from that of our brands under IHG (Intercontinental Hotel Group).
Our suites are fully equipped with full kitchens; accommodations equipped for the extended stay traveler. Complimentary Laundry, DVD/Music Library, Full Flatware, Cookware, Full Refrigerator as well as a full microwave are some of the few amenities that meet our extended stay travelers needs.
In reference to the noise, yes our structure is not that off a hotel that was built back 20 years ago.
Mrs. LibbyNeill, we have a dedicated staff of professionals that take pride in assuring each and every guest experiences a comfortable and memorable stay. We take time to inform our guest of our hotel, asking you upon check in about your needs; away from the elevator/stairwells or any area that is prone to noise, as well as floor selection. If we did not conduct that with you then we did fail and for that I apologize.
We do hope that the next time you and your family travel thru out the West Texas area, we aspire you will allow us another opportunity to display our services.
432-336-7700 Ext 401