“nice for a quick overnight staying”

Motel 6 Ft. Stockton
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Austin, Texas
“nice for a quick overnight staying”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Affordable price and nice located close to I-10. Clean, cleaner than most Motel 6. The stuff is very nice and the property has a good size parking lot. Internet connection is a litle slow but if you park just for the night is really not aproblem.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank harangus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

This is a typical Motel 6. Rate started at about $56 but they gave me a 10% senior discount at check in. Rooms have been "upgraded" with mock wood flooring and usual shower redo. Quite location. Check alternatives next door and across street if you can. Not sure on their prices. TV was old style with smallish screen. Room was otherwise what you'd expect at a Motel 6. It was clean and quiet. I'd return here. Local motels on east end of town are less expensive. All in all, a pretty typical Motel 6 experience. No complaints except they need to upgrade the TV.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Estebanphd
Terlingua, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I've stayed here several times since it's half way between my Dr's and my home.
Always have a friendly, courteous staff.
My only problem was that during a remodel of the room next door, the TV in my room had been disconnected from the cable. They offered to move me, but since I don't watch TV much or often it really wasn't a problem.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TerlinguaDragon
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I hadn’t booked a place to stay and had driven almost all the way along the main road through Fort Stockton when I saw the sign here advertising rooms for $36.
The room was clean and functional and the price included Wi-Fi connection.
This is not luxury but in my case i think I got more than I paid for; great value.
As I left at sun up the next morning person the only staff I saw was the person who checked me in and she was pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2012

2nd day of our cross country move. We stopped and spent the night. Room smelled like mold and mildew (just like the Motel 6 in Baton Rouge). Bed was uncomfortable and staff was acting like they would rather be somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FL2NM

Travellers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

It a perfectly pleasant lower end cheap motel. I had no issues with it the room was clean and quiet and the staff were friendly. On the down side there's not breakfast and you have to pay a few dollars extra for wifi.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We are relocating from Florida to California and driving cross-country with our children and three pets. As such, hotels are limited to pet-friendly ones and our choices limited by our stopping places along the way. There aren't that many stayover towns in West Texas, so we chose Fort Stockton, based partly on TripAdvisor reviews. This was my first, and, I hope, my last, experience of a Motel 6. This one is situated on a desert road (with, fortunately, a Wal-Mart and McDonalds close by), and is basic in the extreme. We were put on the second floor at the back (by a very friendly and obliging manager at the desk--for which, thank you), which was ok, except the stairs are rough concrete, uneven and potentially dangerous. The two rooms we had were, well, almost unacceptable, though we kept telling ourselves it was only for one night. The floors were lino, greasy and unevenly disinfected; the furniture rickety; the bedspreads in both rooms were stained; the bedlinen, a dirty white, and one sheet had blood on it. Our bathroom was passable, though there was no toilet seat. Actually, I felt obliged to go round the rooms with a Clorox wipe and I've never felt compelled to do that before. For sleep quality, beware: the motel leaves the outside lights on through the night, so the lights shines through the plastic curtain. Some of the other clients were noisy and oblivious to their surroundings. All in all, it wasn't the most comfortable stay, and it cost $49.99 per room, which is hardly cheap. We had stayed in a fabulous Red Roof Inn the night before for just $62. Motel 6 couldn't compare at all. I wouldn't recommend it. There's a La Quinta across the street: try that.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family