“Mix Up”

Motel 6 Ft. Stockton
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I made a reservation for a downstairs room with a microwave and refrigerator. When I got there the lady gave me my key and I went in the room and realized there was no fridge or microwave. I go back and she gives me a different room....AGAIN there is NO fridge or microwave....I go back and she tells me that the other one is upstairs. I don't know why there are NO rooms downstairs with the fridge and microwave when she said there would be but with two kids and a dog and a CRAPLOAD of stuff to unload we were not happy. There are also only 10-15 rooms with wifi available...oh and it isnt free...you have to pay for it. JOY. I've stayed at a motel 6 before and enjoyed it. But I will never stay at this one. EVER

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chelsea K

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Took 15 minutes to wake up the night clerk to get a room, and that was the pleasant part of my stay.
Room was dirty, ac did not work at all, noisy, pool was very dirty, animals running loose everywhere and absolutly the worst housekeeping staff, very rude. If you are traveling and just need a room to get a few hours sleep and a shower, you might consider somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lhcaz
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This place has HORRIBLE SERVICE ! RUDE workers with terrible customer service skills ! Customers are suppose to come first and this place cares LESS for their suppose to be valued customers. And their rooms are OVERPRICED for an "average" room! NEVER RETURNING !

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Fort Stockton was the halfway point of a two-day drive. Checked in about 4 PM. Gal at counter was friendly. Wifi is available for about three dollars, and is rather slow. Don't fire up Netflix here!

The room was clean enough, didn't experience the issues I've seen with other reviews. The bed wasn't the most comfortable I ever slept on, but as tired as I was, I probably could have slept on rocks.

TV channel selection was rather meager, but for just a one night stay not a big deal. My room faced a major street so the expected noise was present from late arrivals. Not much in the way of noise from other rooms. I was on the second floor.

As expected, no shampoo, only small bars of soap and some towels. Also as expected, no breakfast, but they do put out some coffee.

Property was pretty well lit, and parking is no problem. Plenty of fast food places relatively close by, and a Walmart is only a couple blocks away.

I'll be stopping there again on the way back, we'll see how my luck is then.

Room Tip: Try not to face the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Checked in late while passing through the middle of nowhere. Extremely cheap compared to everything here by about half. Room is smaller than a normal room. No smells or glaring problems. The room was painted orange and has no carpet. Kind of strange but that's fine. Bathroom has lots of room and everything works. Water pressure is lacking. Bed was comfy but a little too short. I had to sleep corner to corner. The bedsread appeared to have old stains on it. One of the locks on the door was coming undone from the wall because the screws were pulling out. It is a cheap place in the middle of nowhere...it isn't perfect but compared to the others it will work for a night but it definitely needs a little work.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank EverywhereAndBack01
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel has no breakfast only coffee in the morning.It does have parking for semi trucks with trailers ad was quite.Everything worked in my downstairs room in the back of complex..The bed was to hard and was sinking in the middle the room was not that big..Small dining table 2 chairs.Located off I-10 exit 256 south hotel on the right...Paid $59.96 for the night....If your going west towards El Paso,Texas then pass Ft.Stockton,Tx and stop in Van Horn,Texas it has lots of hotels under $40.00 a night..You have to check out Whitten Inn real nice clean,quite,truck parking under $40.00 for CDL drivers..

Room Tip: Look for a cheaper hotel..No breakfast here just coffee..
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This was the dirtiest motel I have ever stayed in. The floors were caked with mud and grit. Budget does not have to mean dirty. I had never stayed in a Motel 6, so I didn't know that all you get is a bed, soap and towels. No shampoo, no blow dryer. We even had to pay $3.00 for wifi. Are you kidding me. There was bloody snot on the bathroom wall. I did not feel safe in the motel either. I couldn't wait for the sun to come up and get out. If a person does their math, for the little extra you pay some where else that includes breakfast you come out even. I would definitely shop the nearby hotels for a cleaner room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple