“I traveled Cross Country Many Times in an RV and this was my favorite small museum” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Annie Riggs Memorial Museum

Annie Riggs Memorial Museum
New York, NY
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a marvelous piece of Americana. A small doable museum to spend a delightful hour as you cross Texas and stop to admire Paisano Pete the gigantic roadrunner in town. Annie Riggs depicts life on the western frontier circa 1900-1920. I always found charming and have stopped on each of my I-10 trips.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank aplutzer

Fort Stockton, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Neat place to check out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

If you like history, and small, free museums, come to this quaint little place. There are all kinds of neat old gadgets, and rooms that are set up with very old things.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Amanda R
Henderson, Nevada
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“I nice break in the drive along I-10 in Texas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stopped at the Annie Riggs memorial Museum. Well worth the stop. Located in the historic section of Fort Stockton. Don't miss the video introduction of this tour. Annie Riggs had an interesting life and a number of husbands. House is furnished in early pioneer and is interesting to see what life was like in a old western town

Just 5 minutes off I-10

Admission is $3.00.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Clifford L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eclectic Collection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

This small museum in an old restored hotel had a little bit of everything: appliances, clothes, furniture, fossils, and cowboy artifacts. The architecture was interesting, and everything was displayed in the old rooms. There was a short video presentation at the beginning. Without the video, it probably took us 30 minutes to see the whole thing.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank marathonjon
Fredericksburg, Texas
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 284 helpful votes
“Friendly and informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

I can verify previous reviews and add: The attendant was quite happy to see us as he had few visitors. Essentially we got a personal tour with a lot added that was not displayed. i really don't understand how anyone survived back then with the wars, droughts, cold, and sickness. This museum really brings out the hardiness and will of the early settlers. this is well worth its very modest price of admission.

Visited October 2012