“Exactly What We Needed”
Review of Deluxe Inn

Deluxe Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Keep in minds this a motel! Bit with that being said it's the nicest motel I have seen! The room was clean, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was renovated! The woman at the front was extremely nice as well! If you are driving through and need a place to crash then this is it! Amazing value for the price - our room was about $70 with taxes included!

My only suggestion would be getting rid of those hideous comforters. I always take those right off the bed when I arrive.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Meghan21

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel is being remodeled and the office still needs updating. The room was large with two queen beds. Furniture is dated and mismatched. Only had a desk chair that went with a rather large desk for the room.. Dresser with a new marble top. Flat screen TV with plenty of channels. Fridge, microwave (that made a strange noise), coffee pot, iron/ironing board, hair dryer. The room had fresh paint, fresh carpet, fresh bedding and the bathroom was large with plenty of counter space and CLEAN. Room was quiet. AC/Heater worked great. No radio/alarm clock and the room needed some pictures. The office worker/owner was very nice and offered to come knock on our door at 5:30 am because the phones/wake up system was not working and being it was a holiday they were unable to get it fixed. She took about $10 off because the phones didn't work. Internet worked, just a little slow and not "secured". If they had some kind of breakfast I would have ranked this "excellent" for the price but no breakfast so I give it a "very good" because of how clean it was and for the price compared to other hotels. Also, like being able to park just outside my door.

Room Tip: We were right up front and could hear some of the highway traffic but it was not too bad.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TheFourC
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This refurbished old motel along the highway is good enough for people looking to sleep and head onward to Big Bend. Three big beds in a room - so good for families or people traveling on a budget. Hot shower with microwave and old TV set on a chipped desk with over-used office chair. Beds were new. Everything worked, no problems. No breakfast here, but at Rositas Cafe just up the road (back from the road), you can get an excellent, genuine Mexican breakfast (real food, not designed for tourists). Recommending the Huevos Rancheros.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with three big beds if you are traveling with family. Best to be along the back, awa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Janis857
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had I not checked with Trip Advisor I wouldn't have considered staying here. I usually go for more modern hotels. Even though it seemed as if it was going to be noisy since it's on the main road it wasn't at all. It was recently rennovated and felt mostly clean. We also got a first hand account from a long-time customer. He was an oilfield worker & had been staying there about a year. We also saw the room first. About the only thing missing was a clock radio. Probably my only negative was the towels didn't smell clean (no detergent scent) and one was stained. The manager probably wouldn't want me to divulge this secret but she actually let us put something in her freezer overnight. Very nice of her. Since everything else in town is overpriced and this is priced right I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms furthest away from the road might be quieter. Other than that I would just ask for a newly...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank azblogger
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Thankfully I had checked the reviews on here and chose this hotel based on reviews and not on seeing it at 11:30 at night as we rolled into town. We had been driving for over 14 hours and were ready to stop. The reviews were spot on. The outside of the motel is under construction and it looks pretty rundown. HOWEVER, The inside of our room was immaculate. Not only were the hosts very accommodating to our late arrival, they had the AC on (huge in June in Texas) and were very gracious. The entire inside of the room had been recently renovated. The carpet was brand new with no stains or spots on it. The bed was incredible. Clean, fresh sheets, and not too soft or too hard. In fact it ended up being better than the next bed at the 4 star hotel we were about to stay at in San Antonio. The dresser had a marble top with a tv. There was a coffee maker, refrigerator a microwave, an iron and even complimentary soaps and shampoos. The bathroom floor was not just clean it was actually waxed and polished. The tub looked like it had never been used. The sink countertop was marble. This room is the nicest motel room I have ever stayed in. (I grew up with parents who travelled route 66 for fun and stayed in motor lodges that still looked like they were from the 60's clear into the 90's so I am actually kind of paranoid about staying in motels.) The price was half of what the big brand name motels were. We will stay here if we ever have to drive across Texas again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karri S
Reviewed 9 December 2013

For a one night stop-over on our trip to Big Bend NP, I booked a room for my wife and I at Deluxe Inn, based on the trip advisor reviews. We drove from Houston through a winter storm and arrived late and cold. We were rewarded with a lovely hotel room perfect for our (one-night) stay. The room was warm (yes!!), clean and (surprise!) well-lit. The rooms had been renovated, and new granite had been installed in the bathrooms. Don't stay here looking for pools, spas or a free breakfast ... none are available. But if you want an inexpensive stay. This one is a keeper.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 2 December 2013

From the street, it doesn't look like much. However, the rooms are newly renovated and very clean. Room was small, but had a king bed, desk, and fridge. The owner was extremely polite and helpful. We would stop there again...you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple