“Amazing when I went”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Stockton
Atrium West Inn Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

I went there back In march 2013. We arrived late into the night and didn't have any problems checking in. We got a upstairs room. The room was nice and clean and no funny smells like some other places I have been to before. The room we had got had two beds with memory foam mattresses and as soon as me and my spouce hit the bed we was out cold. When we woke up we took a look off the balcony and it was overlooking the pool area. We didn't stay for breakfast since we had to get on the road... It was a fast and easy check out. If I travel back through there again ill make sure to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank twister31768

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stay here with my family back in 2011,it cost me $75 for the room.The staff was nice to me,and the room was on the 2nd floor,but no big deal.The room was very clean and big,it had a balcony that faces the inside pool.
The decor is very nice.
The pool area is real nice looks like you are in the rain forest,but the pool isn't heated and the jacuzzi is broke and no water.This is the only thing I can find wrong with the motel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nazirites
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Rooms was overpriced for the quality. Floors looked like they had not been vaccumed for a month. Tub looked dirty. Apperance very outdated. Good location, but that is the thing good about it. Would not encourage anyone to
stay there.
Did not even try the breakfast, wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2012

The tolite is an old small 1980's style, but there was a vent. The shower HAD HAIRS and the tub faucet dripped. The sheets on both beds were STAINED and s blanket on one bed had a few HAIRS . The price was over $100 on a November 2012 Saturday night. The only benefit of the place is to get a downstairs room and back your vehical up to the door. Then, now that I think of that, how many others have done that for all the wrong reasons.

Room Tip: The attendent and her partner might not mind if you joined them to watch tv in the lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2012

One for the problems of Fort Stockton is the hotels fill up so if you get there late, there isn't much choice. Atruim is always going to be the last place to fill up so it is the hotel of last resort.

Check in was interesting. The check-in girl was polite but didn't offer any information. She would answer questions and did it cheerfully. There were other girls there that were using the lobby like their living room sprawled on the sofa watching TV. For what you get, it is expensive but when your car is your only other choice, you pay it. NOTE: you have only 20 minutes after check in to decide if your room is okay. There is no changing room as that 20 minute period.

The hotel looks like it hasn't had any maintenance for some time. I peaked at the atrium from our room and it looked nice but I guess people are not allowed into it. Rooms are accessed from the outside and there is no elevators. So if you take a 2nd floor room, you will be lunging your luggage us stairs.

The room. Hmmm how to describe it. Duck tape held down the rug. There is a window by the door. There are odd pieces of furniture pushed against the wall. There is a tiny sink and microwave in one corner with a refrigerator tucked under it. The bed is hard as a rock. There is no bouncing on that sucker. There is a flat screen TV on the wall but it doesn't swivel and is not in front of the bed. It is in front of a reading chair and ottoman. The sheets are very cheap and scratchy, The blanket was beyond description. It was very stained and worn and had a feel of plastic. I still can't wrap my mind around how they got that feel. There is no way you wanted the blanket touching your body. The bathroom was clean but the towels had holes in them and the wash clothes were very stained. I was glad I had thrown in a little travel bottle of shampoo because for two people you only got one one-use packet of shampoo.

I gave it 2 stars because it wasn't scary to stay there. It was only yucky. I didn't chance the free breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The 2nd floor was shaking like the building was going to fall down. The plumbing was broken, handles falling off, toilet ran over, and although it said Non-smoking, it had an ashtray in the room and smelled like a chimney. The "heated pool" has been broken all summer and although it was an inside pool, it was very cold. If they are "remodeling", it has been stopped in its tracks for years.
This place is overpriced ($101 inc. tax), and throw-down breakfast. If I had read these reviews before stopping at this place, I definitely would skip staying here.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We had a car malfunction that left us stranded two hours from destination so had to stay somewhere and this place had rooms. OK in a pinch but I wouldn't choose it. Atrium design was clever but rooms were not updated, bed was rock hard, toilets were only marginally working. Nice big screen tvs tho! I guess u gotta pick your poison, but I' ll pick another next time!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple