“No no no, no breakfast for you!”
Review of All Inn

All Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Stockton
All Inn
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed 13 July 2007

First of all, we booked this hotel without carefully studying the reviews available on the internet. Not a wise decision. Our own experiences correspond to observations by other guests, on this website and also on other websites with hotel reviews. It underlines the importance of such reviews. So please write down your experiences in the hotels you stay. We write our review everytime we stay somewhere (and we're traveling the US for more than 50 days this year).

Okay, overall our experience was not so bad. The room was adequate, although the airconditioning was obviously too small for the size of the room. Also, the two chairs in the room were very weak: we preferred to use the beds as chairs. The room was farly clean, although it would be a nice idea to remove the bugs that have been killed the day(s) before.

One problem was solved: the pool has been renovated and was nice and clean. We also appreciated it that the hotel has laundry facilities. Our own check-in procedure (by the owners' son) was very pleasant and efficient. We also got recommendations for a place to eat. A proper welcome, nothing to comment on.

However, we witnessed other guests who had been given a key for a room that was already occupied (they said the room had other stuff in it). This is not professional, of course. But the way they were treated by one of the owners was even worse. Instead of apologies, they were just barked at and given another key.

We stayed in the hotel with three children because Econolodge has a "children stay for free unless additional bedding is required" policy. Soon after checking in, one of the owners came to us accusing us of only reserving a room for two adults and secretly smugging three children in the room. Luckily, we could show her our confirmed AAA reservation, which clearly stated that we booked the room for a party of five. She then said that the hotel has the policy that children over 12 must pay additional charge. We looked everywhere on the internet, including their own website, and did not find any information about this policy. In the end, theyt agreed that we did not have to pay. Our biggest concern here is not that we would have to pay extra money; but the costs must be clear when you make the reservation (with nio hidden or unwritten rules) and we don't like to be falsely accused.

A second bad experience was breakfast the next morning. We had checked in after 4 PM, and read that breakfast would be served until 9 AM. We entered the breakfast room at 8.30 AM, and just when we were about to sit down, one of the owners came in saying "No no no, no breakfast for you." She showed us the sign of the breakfast times, where 9 AM had been changed into 8.30 AM. This must have been done the evening before. The breakfast room had been reserved for a meeting and the owner wanted to clean up for half an hour. Again, it's not about the breakfast, which was merely okay, but we don't want to be treated this way. It's okay with us to change the breakfast times (although many other guests would probably not want to be so flexible), but the least a hotel can do is to notify the guests about this change and to stay nice and polite.

We have seen similar examples of both events in other reviews. It looks like the Econolodge in Fort Stockton has a persistent problem. And that's too bad, because the hotel could easily get higher ratings with more professional and friendlier staff.

This could have been a pleasant stay. Instead, the expression "No breakfast for you!" has become a running gag in the family on this trip.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Hollyfamily

Reviewed 2 July 2007

Stayed Friday, June 29, 2007.

The rate wasn't even that good at $65 per night. Check-in staff was okay, but that was the only thing that wasn't absolutely horrible. Really, giving them ONE star is too generous.

1. Bathroom door was filthy. Looked like there were bloody booger-snots wiped on there that had dried up, and housekeeping hadn't cleaned it.

2. Walls were filthy

3. 60% of the lightbulbs in the room were missing.

4. Drapery rod was broken, with broken and missing hooks, so we couldn't get the drapes to cover the window more than 4/5 - anybody could look in if they wanted to.

5. Bugs all over the place.

6. Pool was split-pea-soup green, could not even see the top step on the ladder.

7. When my 17-year-old son went to get his "continental breakfast" (white bread for toast or frozen waffles), they kicked him out right at 9:00 even though he was still eating. I mean, I can understand removing the food at 9:00, but kicking somebody out of a dining area while they're still eating and not allowing them to finish what he had on his plate?

8. Carpet was yucky-looking, so we wore our shoes until the moment we got into the bed.

9. Birds nests in the breezeway with bird crap all over the sidewalk.

10. Shower didn't drain well, I had about 4 inches of water standing in the tub when my shower was done.

11. Plaster cracked on most walls.

12. Spider webs in bathroom.

13. No alarm clock in the room

14. In-room refrigerator never got very cold (yes, we checked to make sure it was "on" and plugged in)

I'd definitely do Motel 6 instead of this one for a cheaper rate, and probably cleaner rooms, closer to the Interstate. Better yet, drive the extra 40 or so miles to Alpine and get a much cleaner room with much nicer hotel staff for a much better rate.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2007

NOT BY I-10, long drive into neighborhood far from other motels, quite seedy by night

1 - air conditioner is manual & was not on - room was hotter than hot texas air outside
2 - cranked air conditioner & headed for shower. Drain stopper was at side of tub, drain clogged - ended 10 min shower standing in four inches of water. Other bathroom issues included cracked window to outside, bath sink detached from counter - about a half inch high on one side, crude tub repairs & patches, mismatched paint on the wall, towels very thin & not fresh smelling
3 - carpet will have you squealing eeeeeuck! if you have to walk an inch on it
Furniture is standard for a super economy motel. Fridge & micro are provided. The one real plus for this motel is it's courteous staff.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Corres
Reviewed 2 December 2006

While you may be drawn in by the price, here's what you'll be repelled by... Numerous rude front desk people acted annoyed and said "no" when I asked for an extra pillow and a post-breakfast muffin...Didn't have a friendly check-in experience either. Lobby smells of rotting Indian food (from the owner's apartment nearby). Room sparse but spacious, smelled like smoke and air freshener...in serious need of a remodel. No alarm clock, phone, or refrigerator. Stains on carpet and chairs in room. Bed had only a sheet and a comforter, no blanket. Noise from barking dogs outside and people talking in the next room kept me awake. There are many better places to stay closer to the highway and restaraunts with people who actually want your business. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank caroline1365
Reviewed 30 January 2006

This Econolodge is a good buy on an overnight stop, but some of the other hotels in town are much closer to the I-10. There was a vague odor upon check-in, and I realized this was probably emanating from the owner's apartment in the rear of the lobby.
We were checked in quickly, however, and reassured that our association points would be applied to our bill by the manager the following morning. Our room was spacious, but threadbare, this place needs a major facelift as soon as possible. There are no nearby food options. Another oddity: the rooms have back doors! Strange, huh? The back doors lead to the parking lot, and the front doors open to the pool and courtyard (it was cold, we didn't partake.)
There was mention of a continental breakfast, but all we found were a few powdered doughnuts and white bread for toast. That is it. Not even coffee.
I will most likely stay somewhere closer to the highway if I ever pass through this town again.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled on business
2  Thank cpc1974
A TripAdvisor Member
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2006

The room was cheap and we were on a budget, so we decided to stay there. That's the extent of good things I can say about this place...the price is great.

There were dead bugs all over the room. Literally piles of dead bugs in the corners of the room. I had my children with me, so this was an especially horrifying find.

The customer service was lacking. We asked for a couple of extra blankets for our children & they argued with us and told us we could only have one! When we explained we had TWO children (they were told our party number at check in), they finally relented and said we could have two. But they never arrived. So my husband went to the office in person and asked. Got excuses...said they'd be there soon. No one arrived. Called again. No results. Went back to office again. No results. Eventually my husband had to act downright angry before they finally gave us the blankets. It took nearly two hours.

To add insult to injury, the air conditioner was on the fritz. When we went to sleep that night, it was broiling in the room. Woke up in the middle of the night to an icy, frigid room. It kept going back and forth.

I would NEVER stay at this place again. I am not a picky traveler...I just want a clean room with functioning amenities & customer service who at least seems to care a little about our experience.

I contacted the corporate headquarters about this problem & they just referred our complaint back to the local owner. They didn't seem to care much either. Previous to this, I actually preferred EconoLodge for cheap, good lodging but I wouldn't stay there again due to their lack of response even on the corporate level.

Of course, the local owner never even acknowledged my complaint.

Really...avoid this place. Spend a bit more and stay somewhere else. Even if the rest of it were acceptable to you...BUGS...nasty, weird looking roach-type bugs...that's just outrageous. And from the other reviews, this was NOT an isolated event. Disgusting.

Luckily we were just passing through town & only stayed there for 12 hours or so.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed 19 April 2005

Hello!!

Now There new management, Nice & Clean rooms, Quite Atmosphere.Staff is very friendly. I didn’t think they have High speed Internate. Good Breakfast & Also I Like Low Rate. So You guys try one time now.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business