“Beware of the $10 breakfast scam”

Holiday Inn Fort Worth North-Fossil Creek
Ranked #49 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Overall the service and accommodations are excellent but stay away from the breakfast. Over cooked eggs and bacon, under cooked sausage, substandard biscuits and gravy, and pastries that tasted several days old. Then they spring the bill on you $10 a person for a "hot breakfast" which was slightly below luke warm. I've had better meals from a construction site lunch wagon. Save your money and go next door to McDonalds.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Chose this HI location due to points and it was a good choice. We liked the hotel decor, clean rooms and friendly staff. Stayed on the top floor and it was nice and quiet. A few minor cons-bed pillows are way too small (take your own), a/c a little too loud and low lighting in bathroom made putting on make up difficult. All in all good stay, we will choose again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I came with a friend for his business trip, and besides the property being quite lovely,the staff is what really made my stay quite great. I had a wonderful evening in the resturant, and the bartender really went out of her way for us each night we were there, as well as the front desk staff. This will always be my number 1 choice anytime I am in Ft Worth.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank allison h
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We were planning a trip to Texas to see family. We used points to stay at the hotel. Check in was quick. Gave us an amenities bag to thank us for being a priority member. Ok, fine. One bottle of water and a bag of peanuts, for two people. We like Holiday Inns because of the breakfast provided, especially when traveling for business. After check in, I called and asked about the breakfast. I was told we only got the room for free, No free breakfast vouchers for the restaurant. I was not told this when I booked the room. We would not have come here if I was told breakfast is not provided. Quite frankly, this has never happened before. And, on some website, I know I saw there was breakfast included.

Room Tip: Don't expect the breakfast to be included.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Waconda
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Worth North-Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Waconda,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback. I am sorry for any confusion about breakfast. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

For $150 a night I would expect breakfast to be included,that torn carpets be repaired, peeling wallpaper be replaced, curtain clips replaced, etc... The first room we got had dirty cleaning sponge and supplies left on the counter in the bathroom so they let us move to another room. The second room had torn frayed carpet as you walked in, dirty stains all over it. The walls had splatters stains of liquids on them where I am guessing a drink was spilled but never cleaned up. The king size bed had four half throw pillows on it in pillow cases. Can't imagine why at least they don't put full size pillows? It was overall very disappointing for the price. Needs better house keeping and maintenance staff to put some work in before I would spend the money to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Lisa123075
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Worth North-Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Lisa123075,

Thank you for leaving feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this day particularly with the cleanliness level on property. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I only stayed at this location one night but was impressed by the appearance of the facility and the state of maintenance. The room was clean and comfortable and very quiet (especially considering proximity to the interstate). It has "easy on/easy off" access to the interstate and there are a number of restaurants a short (less than 5 minute) drive away. The parking lot was well lit and the location appeared to be safe with little/no pedestrian traffic near the property. The full-service bar was a welcome treat at the end of a long day; I did not utilize many of the other amenities so I cannot comment on the gym, pool, restaurant or laundry facilities.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stopped here after a flight from Sydney straight into Dallas. It was very convenient and extremely clean. The beds were also comfy which was a plus since we just came off of a really long flight. I would recommend to anyone. It was easy to find as it was set right on the highway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple