“A Local Resident Who Appreciates the Excellent Service of this Hotel”

Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South
Ranked #22 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Dallas, Texas
“A Local Resident Who Appreciates the Excellent Service of this Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Because I live in the DFW Metroplex, I do not stay overnight in local hotels but I do recommend them to business colleagues and friends. Also, I frequent local hotels for their food and bar outlets, meeting there with friends and, again, business colleagues. Such is my relationship with the Holiday Inn DFW Airport - South. I have been stopping by this property's bar/resto literally since the first day it opened. Until recently, I worked nearby the Hotel and was there at least once, often twice, a week. It was a refuge from the office to have a quiet place in which to get some work done and the staff was beyond excellent. I have used the hotel for small employee get-togethers, going away parties, and meetings. I retired six months ago and have not been in their doors until last week. It was like returning home. Wonderful Becca at the bar greeted me by name as I entered (she's probably helped thousands of people since I was last there yet remembered my name!), remembered exactly what I normally drank - including always a side of ice water. I was leaving that evening for a flight to South America and I even had an offer to ride the hotel's van over to the airport as it was leaving about the time I would need to go. I didn't even ask - they offered - and I was a restaurant guest not an overnight guest. Now that's how to run a hotel. Richard, the general manager, oversees the operation with class, style, and professionalism and, with employees like Becca, clearly he's doing an excellent job.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Sevran, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Nice and reasonably priced hotel close to DFW airport. Rooms are modern and well equiped. Bathroom with big shower.
Breakfast is ok but not fantastic. Scrambled eggs were cold and overall limited choice. The front desk staff are very efficient and friendly.

Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel, close to the airport for an early morning flight. Unfortunately, the morning of my flight there was a good ol' midwest torential thunderstorm. This is the kind with buckets of water falling from the sky. The front desk loaned me one their umbrellas, so I could move my car to park under the overhang to load my luggage. This was greatly appreciated.

Hotel was very clean and current in decor. All staff were friendly and courteous! When I am back in the area, this would be top choice for hotels.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

What a nice surprise. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff is top notch (Rayne was especially helpful!). The rooms are spacious and impeccable. The bar/restaurant is fairly good. Hands down, a great hotel at a very good rate.

Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a brief overnight stay before I flew out of the the nearby DFW airport.

The building is in impeccable condition and has a very modern feel to it.

The staff all around was attentive and helpful: Rayne at the front desk gave me a speedy and friendly check in, and Ana in the restaurant was kind and sweet when delivering the room service. The hotel front desk clerk gave me a free drink voucher at check-in for being part of their Priority Club loyalty program, so that was useful. I was told the voucher is usually good for dine in only (probably to encourage guests to mingle downstairs among the lively evening bar crowd, such as the crowd present the night I stayed). But the room service attendant mentioned earlier allowed me to redeem it via room service, as an exception to the rule. That's what I loved about this place: Great service without the hassle!

The free, 10-minute shuttle ride to the airport the morning after capped off a great stay.

Definitely would be back again!

1 Thank jacobandjune
Glen Rose, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

The hotel is located close to the airport but it is quiet. I didn't hear planes all night. We had an early flight and I was shocked when our shuttle driver arrived 15 minutes early (5:15 a.m.) He asked if we knew what gate we needed and proceeded to check on it. Bear was a friendly, safe, and thoughtful driver.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn while attending a training session for work. We were very pleasantly surprise with the hotel modern looks and overall service received form all the staff. We used the hotel shuttle service during our stay. Hats off to Rayne, Jarod, Gloria and Jimmy for making our “work week” feel like a mini vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 323, excellent location, great view!