I've stayed in a number of Residence Inns, and they seem to fall into two distinct categories: Updated and comfortable or shabby and depressing. I'm afraid this property falls into the latter category.
The property is laid out in a sort of bungalow style arrangement, which actually was pleasant if you don't have a problem with a motel-style external entrance to each room. Groups of four rooms made up each little building. Nearby is a small body of water that had hiking/running trails running by it, though I didn't get the chance to explore that area.
I didn't interact with the staff very much, but when I did they were pleasant and helpful.
It's located near a very busy road, so there is some road noise for the units closest to the road (which my room was) though I should say I didn't hear anything when I was inside the unit. My room had a small porch that overlooked the lake/pond/park area.
While this property does have some things going for it, I just couldn't get past the obvious fact that it had been a long time since it'd had a proper facelift. The appliances in the rooms could very well have been from the late 80s and the beds were of low quality. The decks were starting to rot and the metal fasteners were rusting. Nothing was broken, and everything was clean. However the overall vibe was that this was a "cheap" hotel. However, when I stayed there at least it wasn't inexpensive, making it a bad value.
The workout facilities were not bad if you just wanted cardio. There was one elliptical and two treadmills, all up-to-date and functional. The workout room is small, and the air freshener was so strong in there that I had to prop the door open to get some fresh air in there. But for my needs it was perfectly acceptable.
If you were on a budget and the rates were very good I could see recommending this property simply as a low-cost option. But compared to other properties at the same price point I can't recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from TCU, the Fort Worth Zoo and the fun and excitement of The Stockyards, our hotel puts guests in an excellent location for enjoying Fort Worth, Texas. Guests can take advantage of our spacious extended stay suites featuring fully equipped kitchens and complimentary internet access. Start your day with a complimentary hot breakfast, and after a long day relax in our outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth/medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Fort Worth University Drive/River Plaza Hotel Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Residence Inn
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fort Worth/Medical Center Texas