“Small, but good location & Nice Place”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth/medical Center
Ranked #81 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 11 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This property is very old and I felt like I was in the country, enjoyed it very much, The Housekeeping staff was an absolute riot, and fun to talked to. The place may be old but it is clean, and pet friendly - for the price it was just right, I will be back again!

Room Tip: Trinity River View, upstairs,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at this location when it was a Marriott, and it was absolutely horrible. I was hoping that it would improve with the new management... it did, didn't, and then didn't even more... The staff was very friendly and helpful when I first moved in. Making sure the location of my room was where I needed it to be... I work at night, so didn't want the back of the hotel, that, while picturesque during the day... is VERY dark at night. I like the new management, but the housekeeping staff wasn't changed and it was still incredibly badly managed. The rooms are barely swept with a glance let alone a vacuum.The bathrooms are "freshened" which evidently means not even looked at. Hey, leave a brush in the toilet area if you're not going to clean it... I'll do it myself! When I asked the housekeeping staff to clean my room at a specific time, a very unbusy time... I was told no problem... it took five times reminding them...that I work at night, and the DO NOT DISTURB (DND) would be on later in the morning but that it would be off when they were scheduled to clean... No, the housekeeper would check at 9am and if it was there... no service... FRUSTRATING to say the least.... The breakfast got worse from the Marriott tenure... less to choose from... and for some reason the staff would let the coffee completely run out (both huge urns) before they would think of making more... more times than not, I was asking them to make some... and getting grounds in my coffee for my efforts... It's almost as if the management has never stayed in an extended stay hotel before, and so have no idea or understanding of what is required. Finally the rooms are very old and falling apart... my understanding is they're being renovated... my room's bathroom ceiling was full of water and started leaking, which was pretty obvious as it was leaking on my head when I leaned over the tub to turn the water on... something they would have known if it was ever cleaned. I give them two stars, because the guy who helped me move was really nice, one of the engineers who takes care of the property. As of today.... after a three week stay, the front office staff has decided I'm just too much trouble and no longer says "Good Morning" to me when I walk in for coffee... if it's there... REALLY? I've been given the cut direct by the staff of a horribly run hotel... I'm wounded... really, I am...

Room Tip: Call ahead and interrogate them to find the room that will suit you... the hotel is on a busy road...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Teri R
Reviewed 3 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My last stay at this hotel was a perfect nightmare. More than 50% of the days, the rooms were never cleaned nor the amenities replaced. I rented 3 rooms on a family leisure trip. Not recommended whatsoever!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Fort Worth hotels
Downtown Fort Worth
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth/medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth/medical Center

Address: 1701 S University Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76107-6535 (Formerly Residence Inn Fort Worth University Drive/River Plaza)
Region: United States > Texas > Fort Worth
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #81 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Price Range: £65 - £106 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth/medical Center 3*
Located just minutes from TCU, the Fort Worth Zoo and the fun and excitement of The Stockyards, our hotel puts guests in an excellent location for enjoying Fort Worth, Texas. Guests can take advantage of our spacious extended stay suites featuring fully equipped kitchens and complimentary internet access. Start your day with a complimentary hot breakfast, and after a long day relax in our outdoor swimming pool. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth/medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Fort Worth University Drive/River Plaza Hotel Fort Worth