“A typical Hyatt Place, clean and comfortable but no luxury”

Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview
Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Have you stayed at a Hyatt Place before?
If so, you already know what the room looks like, what kind of bedding/towels you will have, and what the breakfast options are. There will be no surprises here!
The hotel did not disappoint (it was our second stay) but it was nevertheless a fairly standard stay. A good value but not outstanding. The hotel seems to book large groups that occupy the breakfast area all at the same time, so woe unto you if you want to eat when 47 million other people are in the lobby area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Helen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thanks for your review, we look forward to your next stay with us. If we have any groups in house we generally know when they will eat breakfast so feel free to ask the front desk staff and they will be happy to reccomend a time that may be less crowded during your next visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Very good standard at Hyatt Place suites, large rooms, great for a small family. Good breakfast included and free internet access. Close to Hulen mall and walking distance to Target. Located 12 minutes from downtown. I will definitely come back

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JMBV

Thanks for the kind words, we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My employer made me stay here for a week for a training session. This is my first Hyatt stay ever, and I was hardly impressed in value for the money. I am a Diamond Hilton member, and I definitely prefer the Hilton hotels over the Hilton hotels. My room had no microwave, the breakfast is fair, the hotel has no laundry, the toilet in my room was like an ultra low flow that took 5 times to flush anything, and I really missed having a full size fridge like I can get at extended stay hotels (there was one across the street).

It was a cold week in Ft. Worth and I hated the heater too. It was difficult to get the room set comfortably.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every time I visit Fort Worth for years. It has always been comfortable, with spacious rooms, quiet and a very convenient location...and wonderful to have 24 hour meals available that were fantastic. Great soups! One of the best features has been the complimentary breakfast buffet, with excellent selections, REAL dinnerware and flatware and fresh quality of food served.
However, this visit, I found the buffet selections to be very stale, with waffles that were too hard to eat, the eggs seemed to be out of a carton and tasted terrible and the food was cleared away WELL before the time of when service was supposed to stop. And, they have down-graded the service to paper plates and plasticware, which is not too big of a deal, but it seems that they are cutting some corners, which is disappointing.
We have NEVER been here and felt as though we were "bothering" the staff, as mentioned by maec1. On the contrary, they have ALWAYS been friendly, welcoming and very eager to accommodate every need and request of their guests, particularly Ernest.
We will continue to stay at this Hyatt Place, unless the quality declines, just as would be the case at any other place we spend our money .

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing East if you want to open the curtains.. West exposure faces the car wash...and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for the review, I appologize that the breakfast was not up to our quality standards. We appriciate your feed back and will be sure to address these issues.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The room were comfortable for two adults and two kids. Nice comfortable couch inside the room where the kids played. The staff was nice and respectful. The first night we were there the elevator broke, but by morning it was already fixed. Breakfast area was clean and the food assortment (cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuit, fruit, muffins, danish, toast) was good and they changed it around everyday. The coffee was weak. The hotel had limited food, but if you got hungry you could order late night. Centrally located with lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel during the Christmas holiday for about 5 years, and find it improved each year. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful, the rooms (actually suites) are spacious, and everything is neat and clean. The breakfast, included in the room rate, is one of the best "free" breakfasts we have encountered. I am rating this hotel "Excellent" in that it is an extremely good value;although the price is very reasonable, it does not have a cut-rate feel to it. I would describe this as a family-oriented hotel.

Room Tip: Every room we have stayed in has been fine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Not sure why people are saying this is great. They have little to offer. Especially after whatever time the "bar" closes. I looked for vending or something. Both times I felt like I was bothering the front desk. The hotel has a weird smell. The rooms are ok. Bathrooms are very small. Never again.

• Stayed: November 2013