“Overall it was ok”

Ranked #56 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Melbourne, Australia
“Overall it was ok”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

The service staff is really friendly, polite and helpful. They are always greeting with a smile and ever ready to help.

I was there on a work trip so I didn't have to pay, but I noticed that the walk-in rate starts at $189, which I feel is kinda steep, but I'm sure the promotional internet rates are lower.

The bed is really comfy and the curtains are great at keeping the light out, but I do have a couple of complains. 1) It is located next to the expressway, so you can hear trucks and motorcycles. 2) there is no remote for the AC, so if you wake up feeling too warm/cold, you'll have to climb out to adjust the temperature.

It is relatively clean, with just a few misses here and there.

Location is not great for travellers, but ok for me as it's near my place of work. Hulen Mall and Overton Plaza is nearby so it's really easy to get groceries, food, gas and do some shopping.

Rooms are slightly worn, but overall of good standard. Everything's there. Only complain here is that the walls and ceilings are thin. So if someone slams a door in the hallway, you'll hear it. And if you're unlucky enough like me to have a neighbour upstairs heavy footsteps, the light fixtures and ceilings vibrate when he stomps around.

There's no restaurant but they do provide simple breakfast of cereals, muesli bars, simple fruit, yoghurt, milk and juice. It's almost the same selection every day, but it doesn't really bother me.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night. The front desk staff were very rude. They would hardly even look at us when we checked in. There was a paper on the desk stating that the water for the hotel would be turned off at 9 am the next morning. I am glad that we noticed it or we would not have know about the water. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
pperr484, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Southwest/TCU Area, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Hello:
Please accept my apology for the unprofessional behavior of my staff. If you would be so kind enough to let me know a little bit more details about the person who checked you in so I could identify the person and address the performance shortfall.
If there is anything else we could have done better, please advise.
We value your opinion and always strive to do better and the exceed the expectations of our guests.
I truly appreciate your time.
fort worth texas
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I would just like to THANK greatly the staff of TownePlace Suites for accomodating my sister from New York, my body guard and myself in a beautiful, cleanly, suite with such a comfortable nights rest after along day of travel for my sister. The room was spectacular and the breakfast nice and hot fresh and filling. Love the Hot Fresh made belgian waffles with strawberry topping and the eggs light and fluffy. It was filling and I enjoyed it greatly before going to handle court proceedings. It was an amazing night of rest with a comfy bed and great amount of pillows!!! Thanks you really made the night stay welcoming!! A.Catanese Downtown Fort Worth, Texas

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We first stayed at this TownePlace Suites 10+ years ago when we relocated to the area. Then we had an adequately furnished one bedroom hotel room...comfortable but simply furnished and not to many extras. Having since moved from the area we returned for a week and chose this property due to its location to friends and family.

What a difference! Several years ago the hotel was remodeled and it is now so much more comfortable. We stayed using our Marriott Reward Points and learned upon checking in that we had been upgraded to a two bedroom suite. This was perfect since our granddaughter was going to spend the weekend with us. The suite was nicely furnished with comfortable beds, living room furniture, good lighting and a simple but very functional kitchen.

The breakfast is their "Grab and Go" design. Small bags were provided for you to literally grab and go. There were muffins, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, granola bars, cereals, and varieties of coffee and teas. In the afternoon a plate of freshly baked cookies were available in the lobby. The coffee and tea station was available all day as well as a small area where one could purchase snacks and other items.

There are washers and dryers available at a minimal cost, a small exercise room and an outdoor pool. WiFi was available and computers were located in the lobby.

We did have a problem one morning with the room's telephones. After alerting the front desk the maintenance people got right on it and fixed the problem. Front desk personnel were pleasant and helpful.

No question about it...we'll stay here again when we return for another visit.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
LA
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I just got a call from the hotel manager, Alicia, was very polite and she listened to my complaint. After she apologized she credited me with enough reward points for a night stay. I appreciate her response and action. She did thank me for reporting the problems that I had experience and said if they are unaware of them they can not fix them. Thank you Alicia. Since the Marriott made this right, I am changing my mind and would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 September 2008

not a bad place overall but pretty thin walls and there seemed to be a lot of kids and extra noise on the weekends. The TV and remote was pretty old and the NBC channel was not working. A little pricey for what you get but clean and comfortable. Hooters and Chuckeecheese within walking distance but you'll need a car for anything else.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rrdub
Bloomingburg, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Hotel was okay for the price, however it seemed like there were quite a few college aged kids staying at the hotel. They were not loud, however hallways and elevators were not the cleanest.
The bedding was fine in the room, and carpet, etc was clean. Just could use a cleaning or paint job.

Stayed January 2008