“Home away from Home”

TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Southwest/TCU Area
Ranked #56 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My family had the pleasure of staying here for a period of 3 months while in transition overseas. We have nothing but FABULOUS things to say about the hotel. The location was excellent, near shopping and restaurants, even without a car all day I could walk to a supermarket, and nearby shops and restaurants. Even take a taxi to the mall if needed. Laundry onsite was great, kitchen in the room, the gym, grab and go breakfast, fresh cookies every night and even local restaurants had meet and greets during the week The staff was friendly and standing by to make sure our stay was comfortable (I asked for a non stick frying pan and I got it!)
Marlon, Lori and the gang went out of their way and always with a smile, no matter what our request was. Hands down after staying in 4 properties before we found Townplace, this is our home away from home when in FW! Great Job guys!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a 2 bedroom suite, some even have 2 flatscreens in the room so your kids c...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Anastasia457

Reviewed 9 January 2012

The wife and I recently spent 2 weekend nights here. We normally would have stayed in downtown FW or Arlington but the Cotton Bowel had driven up the prices considerably. The day of our arrival I received an email from the manager welcoming us to their property. I told told him that we would be there to celebrate our anniversary. Upon arrival the desk clerk Laurie greeted us and immediately wished us a happy anniversary. She then gave us a printed list of things to do in the area and made recommendations as to restaurants, etc. She then handed us a goodie bag with bottled water and cookies and advised us they had upgraded our room to a 1 bed-room suite free of charge. Upon entry to the room I discovered that they had left a small flower arrangement with a card wishing us a happy anniversary. Nice touch.

The room was very nice and large, I have friends who live in apartments smaller that that. I was concerned about it being right next to the elevator but the soundproofing was excellent, never heard it. Though it did not have the granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances you would see in a Residence Inn everything was well cared for and clean. My only complaint the whole weekend was the housekeeping passing over our room with the "Not Now" sign put on it at 10am and never coming back the whole day to refresh our room. The location of the hotel can be a bit tricky, especially getting back to I-20.

Upon checkout Laurie was there again ensuring that we had a good stay. Friendliness and service were above and beyond what I expected and exceeded any hotel I've stayed in this year by far.

Definitely put this place on your list.

Room Tip: Room 329 in the north building, excellent room, quiet, roomy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed at several Towneplace Suite properties throughout texas. This one was newer and very clean. The kitchenette was updated with nice appliances and the flooring was much improved. The rate was reasonable and the front desk staff was very accommodating. If you are looking for trendy and modern, this is not the place for you. If you want clean, great price, location to the downtown area and main attractions and a kitchenette to help with your food budget this is the place to be!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank eneiford
Reviewed 4 November 2011

the cookies this hotel serves in the evening are awesome.
the breakfast in the morning is too monotonous. no toasts no eggs just cereals and juice and banana. that about it.
hampton inn would have been any day a better choice in case of food.
the location of this restaurant gives it a heads up

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2011

The service staff is really friendly, polite and helpful. They are always greeting with a smile and ever ready to help.

I was there on a work trip so I didn't have to pay, but I noticed that the walk-in rate starts at $189, which I feel is kinda steep, but I'm sure the promotional internet rates are lower.

The bed is really comfy and the curtains are great at keeping the light out, but I do have a couple of complains. 1) It is located next to the expressway, so you can hear trucks and motorcycles. 2) there is no remote for the AC, so if you wake up feeling too warm/cold, you'll have to climb out to adjust the temperature.

It is relatively clean, with just a few misses here and there.

Location is not great for travellers, but ok for me as it's near my place of work. Hulen Mall and Overton Plaza is nearby so it's really easy to get groceries, food, gas and do some shopping.

Rooms are slightly worn, but overall of good standard. Everything's there. Only complain here is that the walls and ceilings are thin. So if someone slams a door in the hallway, you'll hear it. And if you're unlucky enough like me to have a neighbour upstairs heavy footsteps, the light fixtures and ceilings vibrate when he stomps around.

There's no restaurant but they do provide simple breakfast of cereals, muesli bars, simple fruit, yoghurt, milk and juice. It's almost the same selection every day, but it doesn't really bother me.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night. The front desk staff were very rude. They would hardly even look at us when we checked in. There was a paper on the desk stating that the water for the hotel would be turned off at 9 am the next morning. I am glad that we noticed it or we would not have know about the water. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
pperr484, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Southwest/TCU Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Hello:
Please accept my apology for the unprofessional behavior of my staff. If you would be so kind enough to let me know a little bit more details about the person who checked you in so I could identify the person and address the performance shortfall.
If there is anything else we could have done better, please advise.
We value your opinion and always strive to do better and the exceed the expectations of our guests.
I truly appreciate your time.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

I would just like to THANK greatly the staff of TownePlace Suites for accomodating my sister from New York, my body guard and myself in a beautiful, cleanly, suite with such a comfortable nights rest after along day of travel for my sister. The room was spectacular and the breakfast nice and hot fresh and filling. Love the Hot Fresh made belgian waffles with strawberry topping and the eggs light and fluffy. It was filling and I enjoyed it greatly before going to handle court proceedings. It was an amazing night of rest with a comfy bed and great amount of pillows!!! Thanks you really made the night stay welcoming!! A.Catanese Downtown Fort Worth, Texas

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business