“Terrible Stay..”

Ranked #63 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
“Terrible Stay..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

My family and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in South West Fort Worth, for one week. We had the two bedroom hotel room. We had no huge concerns with this room. The floors were dirty, it turned our feet black, couches and chairs were stained. The hotel overall needs updating but was generally clean. The worst part about this room was, it was right next to a side entrance. Of course people let the door slam at all hours of the night, which made for terrible sleep and crying children. It was room 101, stay away from it! We stayed in this room for 4 days until one night at bedtime..we walked across the bedroom floor and the floor was flooded, I checked the 2nd bedroom and that one was flooded too. We called the front office, and we were told that they have problems with that room, and that the AC unit outside floods the room sometime. We were told we could stay in the room or be moved.... but to expect a manager to come check on the room in the morning.... it was midnight and we just decided to move rooms. My luggage that was stored in the area that was flooded got ruined and stained from their dirty carpet and my clothes in my luggage was also ruined. So we move rooms, to another 2 bedroom, at the end of the hall. We finally get all of our stuff in there, its now 1am. I yanked the blankets back and I see a TON of long black body hair... and stains all of the white sheets.... I start looking around more, there is trash in all the trash cans, hair all over the bathroom, dirty towels balled up in the floor, used toothbrush, used bar of soap and pee in the toilet.... the room had not been cleaned from the previous guest... So we asked for more sheets and blankets and we had to change the bedding ourselves, its now 2am and my husbands first day at his new job, starts at 6am! The bedding they gave us smelled like a old moldy man. We only had two days left so we just toughed it out. We did ask for a late check out because our new apartment wouldn't be ready until 5pm. And they refused to let us stay, without charging us for a full day. We even explained to them all of the crap we had to put up with and they still refused to let us stay. So, there I was with two kids, sitting out in the parking lot until 5pm until I could get into my apartment. I would not recommend this hotel, you find a nicer, newer and cheaper hotel in the same area...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Sarah W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I spent one night at this TownePlace Suites. I found the outside and the stairways to be very dirty and smelly. My room was a one bedroom queen "suite" that was not much bigger than a standard hotel room, but did have a kitchenette, couch, and desk area. My room was relatively clean, but clearly had wear and tear. There were stains on the couch and on the carpet.

I did not understand the polka dot shower curtain at all.

The breakfast was served in the lobby with the expectation that you would get it and go. The coffee was excellent and they provided Tropicana orange juice in bottles which was delicious. I was happy to find a wide range of cereals, including Special K with strawberries! on the other hand, the muffins, Jimmy Dean frozen foods, etc. were substandard at best.

Given the choice, I would not stay here again and would seek lodging on the other side of the freeway.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

I expect a 100 dollar hotel from Marriott to be clean and shiny.
This hotel is older, with smell in the room and on the pillows.
There is no breakfast, but you can cook for yourself. For this kind of hotel go to value place instead in that ares

• Stayed January 2013
pperr484, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Southwest/TCU Area, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Hello:

I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Our hotel was built in 1998 and is scheduled to be fully renovated in 2014. At which time, we will be able to start serving some hot breakfast items. In the mean time, starting this month, we are purchasing new pillows, bed linen and towels in an effort to keep the bedroom look fresh and clean.

Though our property lacks modern appeal and amenities, we have been very successful in providing our guests with excellent customer service. We were rated 91.3% in Staff Service last year by our guests, ranking number 33 out of 209 TownePlace Suites hotels in the country.

Thank you for your comments and have a fantastic 2013.

Respectfully,
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

It is not often that you stay in a hotel in your home town, but I needed a hotel with a kitchen while renovations were being done on my house.This was the closest place, so I spent 4 days there. On the positive side, while this is an older property, it is very clean, and kept up, which impressed me. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was very pleasant. Kitchen appliances are old and the rooms are on the small side. If you like cold cereal eaten standing up, then the breakfast will meet you needs. There isn't enough room to have any tables. Coffee packets provided in room are awful, i had to buy my own coffee. But my biggest complaint was the choice of TV stations. Someone at Marriott seems to have not gotten the word that women are business travelers, as all the TV stations provided were for men-every sports, espn, golf, Speed, Spike, fishing, etc. possible. There were no channels other than the news and cartoons that I would have enjoyed. If this was the 80's I might be able to understand, but this was nuts. I left early and moved to the Homewood Suites, which is fabulous. For $9.00 more a day I have a brand new beautiful spacous suite with a separate bedroom, HD TV, brand new kitchen, dining table and a free hot breakfast and dinner with beer and wine in a spacious dining area. The exercise room is bigger and nicer and they have a beautiful indoor pool and hot tub. If I had to stay in Fort Worth for an extended period, there is no contest here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
pperr484, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Southwest/TCU Area, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Hello:
I am happy that you found the hotel to be clean and well-kept, and my team to be pleasant, friendly and accommodating.

We currently working on adding HGTV and Food Network to the TV stations available in our guest rooms.
More and more of our guests have told us that they would like better breakfast options and a place to sit down. We are moving from our original easy Grab-and-Go concept, to traditional
sit-down style with hot items available. You can experience this now at newly built TownePlace Suites. For our particular hotel, we will get the facelift during our 14 year renovation in 2014. Our new up-to-date kitchen will be more sleek and modern.

Thank you for such a great feedback to gave us. We listen to our guests and see about making changes when they make sense for our business model.

Pam Perry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My family had the pleasure of staying here for a period of 3 months while in transition overseas. We have nothing but FABULOUS things to say about the hotel. The location was excellent, near shopping and restaurants, even without a car all day I could walk to a supermarket, and nearby shops and restaurants. Even take a taxi to the mall if needed. Laundry onsite was great, kitchen in the room, the gym, grab and go breakfast, fresh cookies every night and even local restaurants had meet and greets during the week The staff was friendly and standing by to make sure our stay was comfortable (I asked for a non stick frying pan and I got it!)
Marlon, Lori and the gang went out of their way and always with a smile, no matter what our request was. Hands down after staying in 4 properties before we found Townplace, this is our home away from home when in FW! Great Job guys!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a 2 bedroom suite, some even have 2 flatscreens in the room so your kids c...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Anastasia457
Stephenville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

The wife and I recently spent 2 weekend nights here. We normally would have stayed in downtown FW or Arlington but the Cotton Bowel had driven up the prices considerably. The day of our arrival I received an email from the manager welcoming us to their property. I told told him that we would be there to celebrate our anniversary. Upon arrival the desk clerk Laurie greeted us and immediately wished us a happy anniversary. She then gave us a printed list of things to do in the area and made recommendations as to restaurants, etc. She then handed us a goodie bag with bottled water and cookies and advised us they had upgraded our room to a 1 bed-room suite free of charge. Upon entry to the room I discovered that they had left a small flower arrangement with a card wishing us a happy anniversary. Nice touch.

The room was very nice and large, I have friends who live in apartments smaller that that. I was concerned about it being right next to the elevator but the soundproofing was excellent, never heard it. Though it did not have the granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances you would see in a Residence Inn everything was well cared for and clean. My only complaint the whole weekend was the housekeeping passing over our room with the "Not Now" sign put on it at 10am and never coming back the whole day to refresh our room. The location of the hotel can be a bit tricky, especially getting back to I-20.

Upon checkout Laurie was there again ensuring that we had a good stay. Friendliness and service were above and beyond what I expected and exceeded any hotel I've stayed in this year by far.

Definitely put this place on your list.

Room Tip: Room 329 in the north building, excellent room, quiet, roomy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed at several Towneplace Suite properties throughout texas. This one was newer and very clean. The kitchenette was updated with nice appliances and the flooring was much improved. The rate was reasonable and the front desk staff was very accommodating. If you are looking for trendy and modern, this is not the place for you. If you want clean, great price, location to the downtown area and main attractions and a kitchenette to help with your food budget this is the place to be!

• Stayed November 2011