“Totally relaxing experience, felt like home.”

Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest
Ranked #72 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 31 March 2014

First timer here the feeling was friendly comfortable and relaxing. For the price, it was just right, very pleasant and friendly staff. Check in and out was an easy experience plus pet friendly. That I liked and so did our Sugar our puppy.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable, relaxing stay at an affordable rate. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and our pet friendly policy. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. It would be our pleasure to have you repeat your experience with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We pricelined express deal and got this place. We are not picky people and realize you can find issues with any place. We walked in and lady at desk was very nice but place smelled terrible. We got our room key and headed up to 3. The smoke smell about knock you down , the room was so dirty, pee on the toilet lid. Everything was so nasty. We went to eat and pricelined another hotel loosing our money on this place. We returned and told lady at desk who was down hall spraying air freshener to mask the stink that we was leaving- she said - We have much cleaner rooms on 1st floor-lol. NO THANKS! Everything in area was booked so we ended up driving 2 hours toward home and getting in a room at 11pm. I honesty would sleep in my car before staying here.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank steve P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Steve – Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fwc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I needed a place to stay for about six weeks while my family moved states. The rates on this hotel were the best for the area and what I got for my money was what I expected. It was one of the deluxe rooms so it had the extra living space and couch which was awesome and for only $5 extra a day it was worth it to me. I equate the room to a studio apartment with a bedroom, small couch, kitchen and bathroom. The closet was the right size for all of my stuff and the kitchen made it feel more like home. The single TV swiveled around so I had a view anywhere in the room which was a nice plus. The carpets are a little stained and could be updated, along with the furniture but that is my one improvement. Any maintenance issues were handled promptly. The staff has made me feel comfortable and welcome which was very nice being away from my family. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Buresh00
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are pleased that you are enjoying your spacious room, especially the kitchen, and the service our staff has provided. I am sorry that you experienced some maintenance issues, but glad that we were able to resolve them in a timely, friendly manner.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to let us know how your stay is going. We are excited to continue to provide you with a great stay and service.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is the worst place to say. The
manager Erin need to loss her title as manager, and get someone that knows how to run the business they way it should be. she is rude and think she is better then people and she isn't. I stayed there to find bugs in the restroom, there was dust on the back of the bed and tv. When I asked to move rooms they said I could move. This is so nasty NO ONE should ever be staying in a place like this. You don't use your title to bully people around nor think you are better then the guest that are staying there to play your Salary!! Never again. Corporate should fire her.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Busybee1356
Reviewed 12 October 2013

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you compare this place to a Hilton or Marriott. Make no mistake - this is a bare-bones economy hotel. If you're on a super tight budget, this is the place for you. That said, even though it's bare-bones economy, it's very, very convenient to have a larger-than-standard hotel room equipped with a full-sized refrigerator/freezer, four-burner stove and oven, microwave, dish washer, toaster, coffee maker, flatscreen TV and free internet that actually WORKS. I would recommend considering a more traditional full-service hotel if you're staying one or two nights, but if you're staying a while and don't want to feel gouged for what those hotels in this area charge, this place will work for you. If you're going to be cooking, I would suggest picking up a cheap non-stick pan at the nearby big-box department store. I've stayed here many times, and the cookware has never been non-stick and, frankly, has left something to be desired in its hygienic appearance. As some of the other reviews have pointed out, and I would have to agree, the bedding could stand improvement. While I appreciate a firm mattress, when the mattress is thinner than some phone books I've seen, it does make for an uncomfortable sleep. And I'm afraid this is the latest hotel that's gone cheap on where it gets its pillows - tiny and super thin. I often go to that nearby big-box department store and pick up one of the $6 or so cheap pillow, which is still a HUGE improvement over those provided by the hotel. And this place does bring it into focus for me why some people travel with their own sheets. You definitely won't think "luxury" when you pull these sheets up. And the wafer-thin acrylic bedspread is a complete throwaway. I do wish they would run air conditioning in the common areas at times other than just when it's 100 degrees. It was mid 80s today and extremely humid, leaving the hallways feeling a bit like walking in a steam bath. I knew it was bad when I picked up some dollar bills from my nightstand this morning and they literally felt more than just damp. So, in summary - great place if you're staying 3+ nights, pick up a piece of cheap cookware and a cheap pillow. Oh, and some rooms can smell a little funky, so you might also want to pick up a can of aerosol room deodorizer. It might sound like a lot, but when you consider this place is less than half of what some of the nearby standard 3-star hotels charge, you might find it worth it. Oh - and before I forget, the recent reviews regarding the staff are spot-on. The ladies and gentlemen who work the front desk are a great group of people - very friendly and willing to do what they can.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

My Staff and I have read your comments regarding your last stay at our hotel. We are an Extended Stay America we strive on being in a totally different category of hotels, for the traveler who wants the amenities of an apartment and are staying for more than a few days. We are very sorry that the cooking utensils, pillows, and linen were not to your standards. We were pleased that you found the kitchen and the internet to be convenient. I am sorry that the hallways were not cool enough for you. We keep the air conditioning units at a set temperature of 70 degrees. We were pleased to read that each and every staff member were friendly and helpful.

I hope that if you are back in our area again, you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I can't stress enough that extended stay hotels are apartment type suites geared for students or business people who need accommodation for a week or a month etc. That said, they do sell off rooms on Express Deals for cheap. I've never seen a child or couple ... Strictly solo. This suite was large, too large for my two nights but appropriately so for an extended stay. The grab and go breakfast is very basic: coffee, oatmeal bars, muffins and a piece of fruit. There were laundry facilities that cost approx $5 load. The linens were clean but low thread-count, pillow was lumpy, room was adequately clean except... I kept wondering why my feet were so dirty then realized it was the carpeting. VERY dirty. From then on I wore shoes in the suite but was disappointed. That said these are 2star accommodation at bargain prices on Priceline so I acquiesced. Were I paying the prices people checking in and phoning in for quotes paid? I'd have demanded a refund. No maid service here - turn in old linen for new at the front desk. Really self sufficiency style suites.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gracecame
Reviewed 23 August 2013

All the comforts of home.

The laundry room is kinda pricey. ($2/wash, $2/dry) I spent $10 to wash & dry 2 small loads of clothes. There's a pool we went to everyday. Flat screens in the room and a lovely kitchen with a dishwasher.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely stay again. Especially if I can get that Priceline rate!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and our onsite pool. As well, I am happy to read that all the staff you encountered were attentive to you and your families needs.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at fwc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you're in the area.