“The best time I have had away from home.”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #34 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Ft. Worth TX
“The best time I have had away from home.”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

To all,

I have traveled to many locations on business for the DoD but no where have I been treated so well. When I first arrived my luggage was taken to my room. A the first person I met at the desk was Autrey Lewis. She greeted me with a smile each and every time I passed the desk. We I arrived I was the only team member staying at the here and she helped me locate the rest of my team. She was the friendliest but all of the employees from the front desk to the wait staff at every breakfast provided the best customer service I could have received even in Dallas I was not treated as well. Thanks again, I am planning a trip for me and my wife and you are #1.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Jerry L, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us while here in Fort Worth, and for your great kudos to Autrey; you're absolutely right about her smile - it's infectious!

And thank you for your great comments on our staff - you won't find a better example of old fashioned Southern hospitality than right here in Fort Worth at the Sheraton.

We hope you and the Mrs. will come to visit us for a staycation again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We got this on Priceline for $125 a night, wish I had just picked a hotel and spent a little more. It was essentially ok, but the staff all seemed a little lackadaisical, from the bartender in Shula's to the Valets. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but the room seemed clean.

I would pick something closer to downtown next time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing us your honest feedback.

I was sorry to read that you found our staff lackadaisical. We have a very dedicated team of individuals who love to be here and love to serve our guests. And I have to admit we don't often hear complaints about our Sheraton SweetSleeper beds, which are the same in every Sheraton throughout the country.

We certainly hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This was our first visit and overnight stay in Fort Worth. We stayed here in May of 2012. We are 2 adults with 2 kids ages 10 and 12. One major plus was that our reservation included the "Club Lounge" which consisted of an exclusive area for free breakfast and snacks/drinks in the evening. The evening food was good and served as our supper, consisting of bacon cheeseburger sliders, buffalo wings, cheese and fruit platter, veggie tray, wine, sodas, etc. Another thing we really enjoyed was the indoor heated pool and hot tub. I've been to countless hotels that have a "heated" indoor pool that is still freezing cold, but this pool really was heated...not too much, but just right. The room was nice and clean, and the lobby had numerous lovely sitting areas. It's also nice that "Molly the Trolley" picks you up right outside the hotel for a free ride to Sundance Square. The only downside I really could see was the hotel parking. It cost $22 a night for the indoor garage, $15 a night for the fenced outside parking, or if you are lucky, you can park along the side of the street at a parking meter (free on weekends). All in all, we had a great time here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
We're so glad that your family enjoyed their time with us!

It's great that you found a great hidden gem of our hotel - our Club Level rooms, which for a small additional charge gets you a room on our Club Level with access to our Club Lounge, offering complimentary breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine in the evenings. And our newly re-furnished indoor pool is certainly not to be missed - mildly heated for optimal swimming temperature and a heated-just-right hot tub to relax in.

We hope that if your next family vacation brings you through Fort Worth that you'll stay with us again!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Conference selected hotel and what a disappointment. The entrance and lobby are the first clue to experience. Cement, boxy, no decor, 70's style (not in a trendy way). Feels like you're entering through the basement.
The rooms are ok but you can tell it was just cosmetic upgrades. The tub and chaulking are old with new vanities. Not pleasant stay at all.
Nothing was wrong or bad but it wasn't a good experience AND its very expensive.
The valet staff were great!!! It's across from the convention center but on the old end of town.

Room Tip: don't stay there. try the omni a few blocks down. cheaper and luxurious. take the mollie troll...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
JCrosierFortWorth, Director of Sales at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear abst14,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize for your negative experience. We recently came under new management and are working on updating all of the bathtubs. We are also in the process of updating the lobby.

I hope the next time you are in Fort Worth you will give us another try, and once again thank you for the constructive feedback.

All the best,
John Crosier
Director of Group Sales
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Very near the convention center and many restaurants. Large hotel, very clean, staff was very polite and helpful

Euless, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I reserved two hotels room three weeks in advance to my stay in Fort Worth this past weekend. When I arrived at the hotel to check in they said they had over booked and accidentally sold my rooms that I had already paid for to someone else. The hotel's way they were going to "fix" this was to put my group in a hotel 6 miles away from downtown Fort Worth and not to mention a 2 star pretty much motel POS place. They said there was nothing closer to the down town area. After wasting 2 hours of my night in the hotel lobby they were "somehow" able to find ONE room at a hotel only 1 mile from down town. As this was our only option we decided to take it and cut our loses and try to enjoy the rest of the night. The Sheraton front desk manager said that they were going to refund the two rooms at their hotel and then pay for the room at the other hotel. This was the one and only redeeming thing about this horrible situation. Come to find out the next day when I check my bank account they had charged me again for the two rooms at the Sheraton and also charged me for the room at the other hotel. Needless to say I would recommend staying at ANY hotel other than the Sheraton in the down town area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ben N
Jerry L, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Hello, Ben N -

First off, allow me to apologize for our house status this past Saturday night. Due to unforeseeable circumstances, we were unfortunately in an overly-committed situation - this is certainly something we do our extreme best to avoid, but in the occasion that it does occur, we do everything possible to ensure the best alternatives possible.

I assure you that we have not charged your credit card. As we informed your family when they called yesterday, your card was pre-authorized upon your initial arrival to the Sheraton, but I assure you that nothing has been processed.

In the occasion that we have such a situation where we need to relocated guests, we do our best to find a comparable hotel in the area with whom we have such a relationship with; we had arranged such a hotel and we were ready to provide transportation to this hotel. Since you truly desired to find a hotel within the immediate downtown area, we accommodated so and ensured that we had taken care of the charges as well.

Please accept our deepest apologies that we were not able to accommodate you this past Saturday night and that we did everything possible to ensure the best alternatives given the situation. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
Odonnell, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Location location, location is the battle cry when you are attending an activity at the coliseum. It was very convenient and the rate was doable at our conference rates. The staff was very friendly as were the valets. We found the parking rather high and we had some trouble with our room but they were quick to come. It was not up to Sheraton standards in my books. Clean, but very average in appearance.

1 Thank Pat8990
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your positive comments in regards to our location, cleanliness, and our staff. I assure you that our parking rates are extremely competitive with those of our fellow Downtown Fort Worth hotels.

I would be curious to know what we was lacking here at the Sheraton Fort Worth against our fellow Sheratons in regards to design. I can assure you that our guestroom decor is precisely those standardized by Sheraton.

In any case - thank you again, and we certainly hope to see you again in the future!