“Large sleeping space but small bathroom!”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #30 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Abilene, TX
“Large sleeping space but small bathroom!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Ft. Worth Sheraton Hotel and Spa had excellent service but the rooms need some updating. The size of our bedroom space was ample but the bathroom was extremely small. The tub was peeling in several places and needed to be replaced. Come on Sheraton - for the prices you charge, you could replace this tacky looking old tub! The restaurant on site was excellent. The buffet style breakfast was generous and delicious. The parking attendents were very helpful, retrieving a bag that was left in our vehicle. The indoor pool and whirlpool were spacious and not very crowded. Overall, a good experience except for the bathroom issues.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger than average bathroom
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasRambler
Jerry L, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you for a great and honest review.

We appreciate your note on our excellent service, and we are moving forward with a repair our bathtubs as needed. We're glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, and we thank you for your positive marks on our valet team and newly re-furnished indoor heated pool and hot tub.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

For those who are visiting Fort Worth for pleasure or business I highly recommend the Fort Worth Sheraton. Easy access too many local hot spots FTW has to offer such as the FTW Zoo, FTW Convention Center, and 3 Blocks from Sun Dance Sq and the Bass Opera Hall.
1st. The Sheraton is a very warm and inviting hotel. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel as if you were home. From the Valet, Front Desk, Bellman and even the Director of rooms, Mr. Jerry Lui all welcomed me and my family with smiles and open arms.
2nd. if you’re lucky to get a room in the south tower overlooking the water gardens, you’ll be very surprised on the awesome view of Downtown. Not to mention a beautiful room with luxurious bed sheets and Egyptian towels.
3rd. The Restaurant had just changed names and I must say the food was outstanding. I look forward to my next visit for the Crab Salad Croissant Sandwich.
Ok, you trip advisor fans, this is a must visit property. I travel a lot and I have to say that the FTW Sheraton was hands down the best place for me to rest my head.

Room Tip: Ask for a Water Garden View Room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Plano45
Thank you so much for your five-star review!!! We're glad that you took the trip in from Plano to stay with us!

You have to love our location - we're just a quick drive away from the Fort Worth Zoo and TCU. Don't have a car? No problem - Molly the Trolley, who goes around Sundance Square to the best shopping and restaurants in Fort Worth, stops right outside the Sheraton.

Yes, it's certainly our intent to go all out for our guests! You'll never pass by a staff member who isn't happy to see you here with us!

And yes our brand new restaurant has just been redecorated with a brand new Executive Chef and brand new menu.

We're so honored that you spent your staycation with us - call us up whenever you need another getaway!
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

This hotel is all about the location!

The beds are comfortable, but so are La Quinta, Comfort Inns etc.

The lobby is spacious and has the potential of an upscale hotel, but barely makes it. False starts all over.

The rooms are average with small flat screens, old shower curtains, cracked porcelain tubs?? I think, poor sound quality televisions, and the food is just ho hum. The airconditioner is too loud, to really have a restful sleep.

Business center though is planned out though for those who are carrying their gear and those with no techno gear. Kudos on that one.

The restaraunt is dark and uninviting needs a complete make over to lighten up the place.

During our stay the breakfast was, cold, cold, cold. They were limited on their staffing, but even so, there really was no excuse with warmers all about!

I don't know what the other hotels has to offer in comparison, but shop around before paying more then a buck for this one.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank persaude
JCrosierFortWorth, Director of Sales at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear Persuade,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations, we certainly value your opinion and are grateful for the constructive feedback.

We are currently in the process of updating our televisions and bath tubs, we also just changed our restaurant concept. We are continuously working to enhance our hotel and to make sure each of our guests has a positive experience at the Sheraton Fort Worth.

I do hope that you will give us another try.

John Crosier
Director of Group Sales
ft. Worth, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

The staff at this hotel is one of the best in Fort Worth. Everyoine was great from the Valet to the front desk. The lobby was clean as were the staff. They were pretty busy due to the police convention that was at the Convention Center across the street, but the front dest staff acknowleged my arrival before they could even wait on me. The room had a great view of downtown Fort Worth and we were able to walk from the hotel to almost everywere we needed to go.

The Valet's were very fast at retreiving our car, as well.

Room Tip: Hopefully Jassma Manuel will be at the front desk when you get there. You should ask for her. She...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for a great five-star review!

We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes we were a bit busy that week, but I'm glad we made you feel at home and took care of you quickly. And thank you for your kudos for Jassma - she is certainly one of our most valued members of the Sheraton Fort Worth team.

I see you're from right here in Fort Worth - we hope you'll stop by and see us again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

The Sheraton is an elegant, well-maintained hotel. My only problem with it is that the water tastes so bad you cannot even make coffee with it. Same water quality in the restaurant on first floor. I mentioned this to the restaurant staff and was told a filter was installed. The water tastes like ammonia.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us! We certainly work extremely hard to make sure our hotel works great and that everything is in the best working condition possible.

I'm certainly sorry to read about a less-than-good taste with our water. Yes, we do filter our water. The water itself comes straight from the City of Fort Worth.

We hop you'll stay with us again soon!
Ft. Worth TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

To all,

I have traveled to many locations on business for the DoD but no where have I been treated so well. When I first arrived my luggage was taken to my room. A the first person I met at the desk was Autrey Lewis. She greeted me with a smile each and every time I passed the desk. We I arrived I was the only team member staying at the here and she helped me locate the rest of my team. She was the friendliest but all of the employees from the front desk to the wait staff at every breakfast provided the best customer service I could have received even in Dallas I was not treated as well. Thanks again, I am planning a trip for me and my wife and you are #1.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us while here in Fort Worth, and for your great kudos to Autrey; you're absolutely right about her smile - it's infectious!

And thank you for your great comments on our staff - you won't find a better example of old fashioned Southern hospitality than right here in Fort Worth at the Sheraton.

We hope you and the Mrs. will come to visit us for a staycation again soon!
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We got this on Priceline for $125 a night, wish I had just picked a hotel and spent a little more. It was essentially ok, but the staff all seemed a little lackadaisical, from the bartender in Shula's to the Valets. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but the room seemed clean.

I would pick something closer to downtown next time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing us your honest feedback.

I was sorry to read that you found our staff lackadaisical. We have a very dedicated team of individuals who love to be here and love to serve our guests. And I have to admit we don't often hear complaints about our Sheraton SweetSleeper beds, which are the same in every Sheraton throughout the country.

We certainly hope you'll give us another chance in the future.