“Very Pleasantly Surprised!”

Ranked #35 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Last week, my husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Ft. Worth for a convention. We were very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a king room on the 12th floor and it was very comfortable and nice. Normally, we stay at a Westin, but the Sheraton was great. We ate in the hotel bar one time and the food was tasty. The staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kamybear
Jerry L, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you so much for your four-star review!

We're so glad that you enjoyed your time with us here in Fort Worth. It's our mission here to provide the highest level of guest service possible - a slice of old-fashioned Southern hospitality. And we're happy that you enjoyed a taste of our brand new restaurant led by the culinary delights of Executive Chef Rene Weibel.

I see you're right here in Fort Worth - we'll be happy to be your one-stop staycation whenever you need to get away. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel. It was a short walk to one of the entrances to the convention center. What we really liked about the center was the fact that we needed to print out some 100 documents and the Sheraton not only helped us print them out (providing the paper) but also helped us save the document to a thumbe drive that was not cooperating.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Luke-11_46
Thank you for a great review!

Yes, we certainly have a great location right across the street from the beautiful Fort Worth Water Gardens, and less than a block away from the southeast entrances to the magnificent Fort Worth Convention Center. And we're happy to help our guests with whatever we can, including business services. Whenever your travels bring you back to Fort Worth, we hope you'll stay with us again.
League City, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My daughter got married in Fort Worth & this location was close by. The hotel was very clean as was the room. Even though they were sold out, all of the staff was very friendly & helpful. The parking vallets helped with directions & always asked if there was anything else that I needed. Bell Captain Stephen Strain help secure my room prior to check in time. After the first day remembered my name, always asked how I was doing & if I needed anything. I will stay here again on my next trip to Fort Worth.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lew B
Thank you for your rave review!

Congratulations to yourself and your daughter - and we're honored to play a part in the festivities. And thank you for your kind comments about our great staff, and your kudos to Stephen.

And we take you at your word - we look forward to seeing you here at the Sheraton again very soon.
Fort Hood, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have to say that I was scared to stay here after reading some of the reviews. I had booked first and then read the reviews...I know, bad mistake. The hotel itself was not bad. I did not find the room to be horribly loud (as mentioned by some) and I am a light sleeper, so no problem there. The toilet noise...haha! I thought that surely the previous reviews were exaggerated! They weren't, if there is a complaint to be made, it would be the toilet. They are scary loud, like a toilet in an airplane at 35,000 feet. The bathrooms need a bit of a renovation but are not horrible.

The staff was pleasant, even when they had forgotten to give us our breakfast coupons when checking in. The staff made sure to give them to us right away and we had no other problems. There was adequate parking and the Molly Trolly stops right in front of the hotel and drives you all over the downtown area.

I would stay in this hotel again and we enjoyed our time in Fort Worth.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mozarthill
We're glad that your experiences are a great improvement against some of our past reviews. Our team is determined to continually improve to ensure the best experiences possible for our guests.

Our toilets in the south tower, while louder than conventional toilets, do also use less than half of the water in conventional toilets per flush.

We're happy you enjoyed our pleasant staff and our location (yes, isn't Molly the Trolley great?). We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Fort Worth!
Abilene, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Attended a conference and was so pleasantly surprised with the hotel....not what I was expecting because I knew it was an older hotel. From the parking valet when I first stepped out of my car, to the gift shop employee, front desk, shuttle driver (took me to a nearby Walgreen's and waited while I shopped!) and even housekeeper in the hall, I had the friendliest and most helpful service I've ever had at a hotel. Everyone seemed genuinely concerned about my needs and went beyond my requests any time I had one....they weren't just being nice for a tip and it was obvious. What this hotel lacks in "fancy" it makes up for in service!

My bed was like sleeping on a cloud and my room was clean and everything in it worked. I don't know (based on other reviews) if it has recently been renovated, or if I was luckier than others. I really had no complaints about the room at all. My bathroom was clean, in good condition and well stocked. The carpet and towels were very clean. The meals served at our conference were quite tasty too. The Breakfast Buffet is the whole works...and it was hot and well stocked too. The hotel is well located for sight seeing in Ft. Worth..

If I travel to Ft. Worth on personal business, I will certainly stay at this Sheraton Ft. Worth. If you're planning a business meeting or conference, I would think all your attendees would be very pleased with the accommodations....I certainly was. This was my very first trip to this hotel. I swear I have no ties to the Sheraton.....I'm just a very satisfied visitor!

There aren't enough stars for the overall experience.....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Myra D
Thank you for a raving five-star review!

Yes, while we're not the newest kid on the block, we certainly make up for it (and then some) with the friendliest and most helpful hotel staff in Fort Worth. We strive to do whatever possible and reasonable to make our guests happy.

And you have to love our Sheraton SweetSleeper Beds! And thank you for noting that what you experienced shows great improvement in the hotel against some of the reviews from our past - we've started a new chapter here at Sheraton Fort Worth of providing first-class service to our guests. And we're glad you got to try our brand new restaurant, newly decorated with a fresh new menu and a re-designed breakfast buffet.

Thank you again for such a great review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Abilene, TX
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Ft. Worth Sheraton Hotel and Spa had excellent service but the rooms need some updating. The size of our bedroom space was ample but the bathroom was extremely small. The tub was peeling in several places and needed to be replaced. Come on Sheraton - for the prices you charge, you could replace this tacky looking old tub! The restaurant on site was excellent. The buffet style breakfast was generous and delicious. The parking attendents were very helpful, retrieving a bag that was left in our vehicle. The indoor pool and whirlpool were spacious and not very crowded. Overall, a good experience except for the bathroom issues.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger than average bathroom
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasRambler
Thank you for a great and honest review.

We appreciate your note on our excellent service, and we are moving forward with a repair our bathtubs as needed. We're glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, and we thank you for your positive marks on our valet team and newly re-furnished indoor heated pool and hot tub.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012

For those who are visiting Fort Worth for pleasure or business I highly recommend the Fort Worth Sheraton. Easy access too many local hot spots FTW has to offer such as the FTW Zoo, FTW Convention Center, and 3 Blocks from Sun Dance Sq and the Bass Opera Hall.
1st. The Sheraton is a very warm and inviting hotel. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel as if you were home. From the Valet, Front Desk, Bellman and even the Director of rooms, Mr. Jerry Lui all welcomed me and my family with smiles and open arms.
2nd. if you’re lucky to get a room in the south tower overlooking the water gardens, you’ll be very surprised on the awesome view of Downtown. Not to mention a beautiful room with luxurious bed sheets and Egyptian towels.
3rd. The Restaurant had just changed names and I must say the food was outstanding. I look forward to my next visit for the Crab Salad Croissant Sandwich.
Ok, you trip advisor fans, this is a must visit property. I travel a lot and I have to say that the FTW Sheraton was hands down the best place for me to rest my head.

Room Tip: Ask for a Water Garden View Room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Plano45
Thank you so much for your five-star review!!! We're glad that you took the trip in from Plano to stay with us!

You have to love our location - we're just a quick drive away from the Fort Worth Zoo and TCU. Don't have a car? No problem - Molly the Trolley, who goes around Sundance Square to the best shopping and restaurants in Fort Worth, stops right outside the Sheraton.

Yes, it's certainly our intent to go all out for our guests! You'll never pass by a staff member who isn't happy to see you here with us!

And yes our brand new restaurant has just been redecorated with a brand new Executive Chef and brand new menu.

We're so honored that you spent your staycation with us - call us up whenever you need another getaway!