“Wonderful hotel, great employees”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #35 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Pottsboro
“Wonderful hotel, great employees”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The complete staff was very gracious and kind. From valet parking to housekeeping we could not have asked for better service! There was a young gentleman named Rick who came up to get our luggage when we were checking out and he was a jewel! What a kind, pleasant young man.The rooms were so clean as well as the overall hotel. We used the Sheraton shuttle van a couple times and they were on the spot when you called to have them pick you back up from a location.
What a beautiful walk to the convention center too. We walked through the Water Gardens each time and that was so relaxing. Also completely safe.
Would definitely stay again. The only drawback is that there is not a continental breakfast of any kind. Also, we did not have a fridge in the room. Other than that it is a great! place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Melissa S, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We greatly appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning Rick. He received a guest service award for the mention. We look forward to your next visit!
Best Regards,
Melissa Sparvero
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here for a conference at the convention center and it was very convenient. The walk to the convention center involved walking across a never busy street, through the Water Gardens, and there's the convention center. It was nice being so close - and lovely being able to spend time in the Water Gardens.
But, other than that, there really wasn't much to say about the hotel.
We ate breakfast in the restaurant every morning, and spent $14+ each for a breakfast buffet, which included eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, oatmeal, some type of pancakes or french toast, muffins, and a real spread of fruit. The pineapple was delicious. Was it worth $14...not so much.
The room was fine. There was sign of wear and tear in the bathroom, with the curtains, and the paint on the doors. But, it was clean. I spent a lot of time in the room (my husband was at the conference) and it was nice having free internet connection (never could get the WiFi to work). The work area in the room was fine.
The area around the hotel was pretty boring. The downtown area is supposed to be so exciting, but after having spent the afternoons walking through the streets, trying to find something interesting, I was really disappointed. We ate at Joe Garcia's (took a cab to get there)...don't eat inside...eat in the gardens. Be prepared to choose between only two items on the menu. It was good food - but really nothing to write home about. Then, we ate at Cattleman's...another cab ride. The food was fine...but also nothing to write home about. The last night we were there, we walked up to Riscky's Bbque...it was okay food, definitely had better bbque in a dozen other cities.
Ft. Worth was rather underwhelming...
And, the hotel matched that description...okay, but nothing to write home about. I'd stay there again because it was close to the convention center, but I'd really rather try another city.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
I'm so sorry you did not enjoy your trip to Fort Worth. We are glad you enjoyed the time you spent in the hotel. We are working on improving the condition of the hotel. We have made some great improvements and hope if you do come back, you will stay with us again.

Best Regards,
Melissa Sparvero
Rooms Division Manager
Stryker, Ohio
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This property is far from new. It has a familiar design that I have visited in other cities, but never one in such a worn and tired state.
The positives include location - it is situated very close to the Convention Center, the Water Garden and the Omni, which is where my conference was being held. The Molly Trolly will take you around the immediate area, where you will have a wealth of shopping and eating opportunities.
Another positive is clean quite rooms and comfortable beds.
Now, the peculiar and not-so-good...where to start, and how to be reasonable? Let's see, dinner leftovers...where is the refrigerator? What? No fridges or microwaves in the rooms? Hmmm...the front desk says they no longer have them.
Okay, warm water from the faucet, better get some ice. What? No ice machine? Hmmm...the front desk says even numbered floors, but not floor 2. Guess what? Floor 4 has a broken ice machine, so off to floor 6 where some ice was finally procured.
Broken door handle in bathroom, toilet paper holder damaged, scuffs and scratches abound, stains all over carpet, stains in upholstery of chair, small bathroom with stained sinktop, apparently from harsh abrasive cleaner. These are indicators of a well worn property. The room was clean, even though it was well worn with scuffs, scrapes and stains.
As mentioned above, the room was quite, with the exception of the toilet, which was not only unbelievably loud when flushed, but it endlessly flushed itself. When other rooms flushed, the water was drawn through the trap and was very noisy, then belched water back that sometimes splashed out of the bowl, and during the brief time the trap was drawn dry it released a nasty whiff of odor into the room.
So, in my opinion and experience, this property is not up to Radison standards, or at least not my expectations of the Radison brand. It was very expensive for the condition, but it is downtown, so prices will run higher. However, i would expect to find a nicer motel nearby for the cost of this one.
On a side note, this reservation was made for me rather than by me. I informed the front desk at check-in that I was a Starwood member, but much to my disappointment it fell upon deaf ears. Perhaps members who receive acknowledgement get nicer rooms. Meanwhile, the entire Starwood group took a hit for this; I will probably book at a non Starwood property in whatever city I visit next.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at this Sheraton for a business meeting June 18-23, 2012 and the service was outstanding! I especially want to mention Charles Hequet from the restaurant/lounge. Charles took care of our entire team of folks daily and always had smile and friendly word for us. He is a wonderful representative for Sheraton!

Yucaipa, California
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My daughter & I stayed 1 night in town for her TCU orientation. Very friendly, helpful staff. We are Starwood menbers and have stayed at many SPG properties. This one gets a 10. The lobby has several seating areas nice bar area. Nice shuttle service for rides within a few miles radius. Our room was spotless. Double queen beds not double which is big in my book. The only negative would be that you are right next to the railway and can hear the trains. Did not bother us. Did not eat at the restaurants but seemed to have good choices. Small Starbucks with quick to go options in the lobby area. My daughter is starting her college journey in Fort Worth and this is where I plan on staying throughout the 4 years when I come to visit her!

• Stayed June 2012
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The hotel is located in downtown Ft. Worth, directly across from the Ft. Worth Water Gardens and the convention center. While on the outer edge of the downtown area the hotel is still very convenient to shops and restaurants that you can either walk to if you don't mind a little exercise or using the free Molly Trolley which stops directly outside the hotel. The staff is very helpful and I received service above and beyond by Steven , one of the bell captains who has been working in Ft. Worth hotels for over 20 years.

My room was clean and comfortable and with free wi-fi, a pretty good value as well.

If I had one complaint it would be the lobby coffee shop which served up overpriced pastries and drinks, but that is pretty common amongst most hotels.

If you are staying in Ft. Worth this property is definitely worth considering.

Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This past weekend our entire family stayed at the Sheraton in Fort Worth. I have not visited the hotel since I stayed there the first weekend that it opened. The staff was exceptional at the front desk, hats off to Autrey Lewis and Jassma Manuel for helping everyone feel comfortable and welcome in their rooms and during our stay. One morning all eight stayed in the restaurant drinking coffee and talking to one another. We enjoyed the delicious buffet breakfast they staff at the restaurant did not pressure us to leave and kept coming around to fill our coffee mugs.
THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you sign up for Starwood Preferred Guest Program the rooms on the 12th floor are large and...