“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Ft worth
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

The staff at this property is absolutely the very best in customer service and hospitality - they ensure your stay there meets your expectations!

The manager Eric Newburn has made it his mission to lead a team of associates to deliver the best customer experience.

From the personal hellos as you pass by the front desk to the happy smiles you encounter throughout your stay - they make the hotel what it is - looking forward to the remodel slated for the summer of 2014!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks about our team and hotel. We hope you'll stay with us again during your next trip to Fort Worth!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Round Rock, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Okay - this isn't the newest property and there some places where it is showing its age - so it is not going to get a 4 or 5. However - I'd say where they may lack slightly on the overall facility - they do make up for it with really great service. It may be that it is just Fort Worth hospitality, but super friendly and attentive staff.
It is obvious that the common areas have been re-done and are bright and relatively new.

On the downside... there were some places that could have been cleaner... like corners of elevators, thresholds, base boards in some of the places.
The bed had a 'tilt' to one side... I'm sure if I had switched beds it would have been fine.
Dresser and other furnishings in the room showing their wear and out dated...

Overall - the room was comfortable...

I might stay there again - depends on the rate and other property availability.

I do commend the property for their service and effort.

Room Tip: overlook the city - not the highway...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
john y, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please forgive us for the areas we failed to meet your expectations, especially the cleanliness areas. I have reviewed with my Housekeeping Manager to make sure we are inspecting these specifics. We are all excited about the full hotel renovations scheduled for completion by year end. I look forward to taking care of you again.
John Y.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Large spacious rooms at an attractive price. I have a hard time paying $20. for overnight self parking but that was the cost. The staff was friendly and helpful and we would definitely consider returning on our next stay in Ft Worth.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You so much for your kind words, I look forward to taking care of you in the near future here in Fort Worth.
John Y.
Redwater, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Traveled here for a one night thank God. Family was excited to be staying in a Sheraton because our past experience with this brand is very nice, clean, modern and amazing beds. Walking into the lobby, the hotel appears to be ok. Get to the room we were very disappointed. Outdated, Carpet was disgusting, the walls had stains, bathroom mold and other stains. Toilet flapper kept sticking open, battery was going dead in the fire alarm in the room and the hall way beeped all night. Front desk calls in the middle of the night waking the kids and the us saying there was a soft fire alarm in our room we informed them the detector was beeping due to a low battery. nobody showed up to replace the battery. I finally had to go to the desk to ask for a battery and of course they did not have one. Manager came to room and stepped up on the bed and just removed the whole smoke detector. The bed was ok but not your usual. Kids went swimming and later that night a rash developed on their face that didn't go away until after two days. I don't know how they are a Sheraton. It's not a 3 star.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ray U
Waxahachie, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Booked two rooms here for one night for the Cowtown Marathon. The location is someone inconvenient for sundance square and other dowtown attractions, but was fine for the marathon, and for spectating. When i booked it was the only hotel downtown with availability. I booked the first room a few weeks in advance at a nightly rate of $175. My inlaws decided to come and i booked the second room the day before. When i called they said they were full and had nothing available. But before i hung up the lady said wait a minute something just came up. Its a non refundable room for $399 a night! I understand that it was last minute and i was in a bind because my in laws were in town and needed a room but i thought $399 was gouging for a regular room that i paid $175 for. Nonetheless i booked the room. When we arrived at the hotel it was peak time for check in. There were at least two conventions or groups at the hotel in addition to the marathon going on. There were only three people working the desk, two of which had only started that week. Needless to say there was a wait to check in, and the supervisor didnt seem interested in helping anyone with issues.

While the room was a little outdated, the beds were comfortable and the kids enjoyed the room service. The staff as whole was very polite especially the room service attendants and the valet guys, and overall the service was good. The kids also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub.

We stay the night in fort worth a couple of times a year. We usually stay at the hilton or the worthington. This will not be my first choice going forward due mainly to location, but would stay here again if others werent available.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hi Hatchie87,
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I'm sorry to hear things were a bit chaotic at check-in. As you noticed, it was a very busy time for us! I'm glad you enjoyed the great Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, the pool, and room service. Our team tries very hard to exceed guests' expectations, and I hope they helped the rest of your stay become a memorable one. We hope you'll consider staying with us on your next trip to Fort Worth.
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms at this hotel on the club level. Prior to arrival, I called the hotel to confirm our club rooms. Upon arrival, I was notified that one room was on the club level, but the other room was on the 7th floor. I was further informed that the the reason the second room was not available, was because the person staying in the room decided to stay an additional night. After a 5 hour drive, I did not feel like pursuing this. I promptly proceeded to the 10th floor while the other couple proceeded to the 7th floor. I stayed at this hotel once before, a couple of years ago, and was not impressed (a bachelor party on the floor kept us and the other rooms up all night). However, I decided to give the Sheraton a second chance. It is a very noisy hotel. I was hoping the club level would be more quiet. There were no parties on the 10th floor, but you can literally hear someone talking (at a normal level) several doors done. It sounded like the person was at our door. I know because I opened the door and looked out. The 7th floor had three bachelorette parties and one bachelor party going on. I know, because the rooms told us. Sleep was not an option on the 7th floor. We called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone up to handle the situation. When we asked if we could have a separate room, they informed us that the hotel was sold out. As a Starwood Preferred Platinum member, I felt like it was an inconvenience for me to stay at the hotel, let alone ask for anything. If you want a peaceful night, stay elsewhere. If you want to have a party in your room or go clubbing, this hotel is located in the downtown area. The hotel is clean. Valet parking can be quite a wait. Anywhere from 10-20 min. No third chance for this hotel.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank SondraTexas
Thanks for choosing to stay with us again during your recent visit to Fort Worth. I'm sorry to hear your most recent visit did not exceed your expectations. We try very hard to accommodate all of our guests' needs, and help them feel at home away from home. I invite you to contact our General Manager at 817-806-3750 to discuss your stay in more detail.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Traveled here for a work weekend. They book the hotel. I was excited to be staying in a Sheraton because my typical experience with this brand is very nice, clean, modern and amazing beds. Walking into the lobby, the hotel appears to be the norm. Get to the room..I was shocked. So outdated. Carpet was disgusting, the walls had stains, bathrooms mold and other stains. Toilet was annoying because it never sucked down the toilet paper unless it was exactly in the middle. I'm also not a fan of toilets that do not have a lid. I think that's disgusting when flushed. The bed was ok but not your usual. I was super annoyed by how paper thin the walls were! Was awoken at 6:45 am on Saturday by the conversation of the neighbors. I felt like they were in the room! They definitely need work on the sound issue. It's ridiculous! Overall, I don't know how they are a Sheraton. It's not 3 stars let alone 4 or 5. I'm not sure how corporate lets them get away with looking like that.
One nice thing..the male bartender in the restaurant/bar was very nice to us. He did a great job.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jlny324
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay. I'm sorry your experience with our hotel did not meet that of the expectations set by other Sheratons. We value all feedback we get, positive and negative, and we take all of it very seriously. If you have anything else you would like to share with our team, please feel free to contact our General Manager at 817-806-3750.