“For the money this is funny”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #35 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was expecting a bit more for the cost. No complimentary breakfast every item was 3 times the cost. They charge for every little thing so rooms cost 160 starting price when u add everything. Way to much for what u get. Don't mind paying if it's worth it. Don't know if I will stay again here, one thing it taught me is what question to ask when reserving a room anywhere.....

• Stayed: May 2014
john y, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2014

Please accept my apologies where we did not meet your expectations. We are very excited about the full hotel renovations scheduled for completion by year end. Our goal is to meet your high expectations for the Sheraton Brand. Let me know if there is anything I can do to make the difference.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed for a couple of nights during the Main Street Arts Festival. Great location for that event, very close to the main stage for the concerts. Staff was very friendly and very helpful. All was as it should be. Good value for downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I appreciate your feedback, please come back and visit Fort Worth again. Let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The best part of this hotel is the location. Staff is nice and friendly but that is about the only thing.
The rooms are big, but lacking in amenities found in a hotel of this quality. There is no make up mirror, the hair drier has no wind power. You can fry your hair waiting on it to dry. The toiletries are no name. Lighting in the bathroom is horrible and there is no vent fan.
Here's the worst part. Night one we checked in after our flight and dropped off our bags. A quick trip to the restroom to wash my hands, there was makeup on the hand towel hanging. Not a little, it was all over the towel. The drinking glasses were hazy, clearly not fresh from the dishwasher.
Next day after spending the day out, we came back to the room and the towels had been changed, and beds made, but one of the dresser drawers was open, and the the top of the dresser/desk not cleaned off. (hotel papers not arranged, etc.). The coffee maker lid was open where they removed the used coffee filter pack, but the coffee and cups were not replenished.
The TV is flat screen 27 in. Really? I didn't know they even made them that small. Very out of proportion for the room size. The channel for ordering movies kept cutting in and out so we couldn't order a movie.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoneStarLori

Please forgive us where we failed to meet your expectations, especially in Housekeeping. I have reviewed your comments with the manager, and will make sure to get this back to standards quickly. We are looking forward to the full hotel renovations scheduled to be completed by year end. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your business again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Great service started with the bellboy. Really assertive and informative. The next thing is the knowledge of the entire staff that evening. How can we make this experience better? Cody was great in assisting my family to and from the Sundance Square. He knew what to recommend and what to look for. As far as the hotel, clean and consistency with the staff. Easy to find and comfortable. Didnt have the chance to experience the spa treatments and pool. Maybe next time. See ya soon!!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank You for the great feedback.....I hope you will allow us to take care of you on your next trip to Fort Worth. i look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Sheraton is a relatively nice hotel. My room was very large, although the bathroom was very small. But, I found it to be just a basic room. Furnishings seemed a little mismatched. Carpeting was stained. It seems some renovations are about due. I had a rate that included breakfast, which was very good. I did have to ask for my "tickets" for breakfast at check-in. One day the omelet maker was not out to make the omelets and another day even all of the fixings for omelets were not even out. But still had fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatos, pancakes, pastries, etc. Pool was very nice as was the hottub. The hotel is located very close to the Water Gardens (across the street), and the convention center. However, there are no other restaurants or activities near the hotel. It was about .5 - .75 mile walk to the sundance area with the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank You so much for the great feedback. We are always striving to improve our services, so we take feedback seriously. I hope you will let us take very good care of you on your next trip to Fort Worth, as our full hotel renovation is scheduled for completion by year end.
john Y.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recently attended medical convention in Ft. Worth with the "overflow" hotel being the Sheraton. The primary hotel told me they were out of King rooms at the convention rate, and when I asked them to check outside of the convention rate, they were less than helpful. I called the Sheraton, and they also were out of King rooms, but they were more than willing to check outside of the convention block of rooms. In fact, they got me a rate $30 less than the convention rate. Check-in was flawless, the room was lovely, and everyone we met from valet to front desk was courteous and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Preferred Guest member to be placed on a preferred floor and have preferred parkin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank You for the great feedback.....I hope you will give us the opportunity to take care of you on your next trip to Fort Worth. Please let us know if you need anything in advance.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I am used to "full service hotels" being rip off gouge central. I was very surprised. I stayed here for a convention -trade show at the convention center. The manager was helpful and friendly and my luggage was delayed by the airline. He got personally involved in making sure he called and smoothed the path for the delivery from them and bought me a drink in the bar. He did not HAVE to do that. So the front desk staff were amazing and attentive to me. Get this - a full service hotel by a convention center with free wifi and free breakfast. Thats like driving on a toll road and expecting to have to throw money at them every 3-5 miles and driving the entire expressway for free! They just bought - sold to a new set of investors so they are investing in uplifts and upgrades to the hotel so expect to see remodeling taking place. It has everything I needed and its within walking distance to the convention center. I had no issues, it was unexpected to not be nickel and dime'ed at every turn like most full service hotels - especially considering its within walking distance of the Ft worth convention center. Usually when you combine those too things its a license to have their way with you... but these guys get it. I highly recommend it and I would return. Moreover I think you will be seeing investment in the facility by them in the future to make it even better.

Room Tip: see if they can face you away from the train facility as the trains run all night - its good to be o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank You so much for your feedback. I appreciate the opportunity to fix things when they do not go according to plan, my staff is here to make the difference.