“Rooms seemed old”

Ranked #30 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Broomfield, Colorado
“Rooms seemed old”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Was only there one night for conference but found it to be pretty old property. The desk was stained and scratched. The carpet was really old or an ugly color. There were two outlets on the desk and that was it. The beds were very comfortable. It was great to have Starbucks coffee in the room. Valet parking is only $5.00 more than self park. My folio was delivered right on time via email. The front desk staff was very nice even though my trip before I arrived was horrible so I was not in the best mood! Probably won't stay again just not for me.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
john y, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2014
Thank You for your kind words. I hope you will give us an opporutnity to take care of you in one of our newly renovated rooms the next time you are in Fort Worth.

Warmest Regards,
John Y.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Perth, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

For US$150 a night, this hotel is great value. Walking distance to Sundance Square and plenty of restaurants. The staff go out of their way to be friendly and accommodating (we particularly liked Autrey!). The rooms are not ultra modern, but they are clean and spacious with everything you could need and more. We were given a corner room on the 11th floor facing downtown and it was perfect. Very quiet. Very comfortable bed. Hot shower. What more could you ask for? I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner room on 11th Floor facing downtown.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JTravelBug1
Thank You for your kind words. We look for ward to your next visit in Fort Worth !!
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just returned from a convention in Ft. Worth where we stayed at the Sheraton. This was our second stay at this hotel. The staff at this hotel is so nice with great customer service training. It is an older hotel with some wear, but our room on the 9th floor was very nice with a downtown view. The bathrooms are small, but everything was very clean. We ate the BBQ buffet in the restaurant and it was very good. The only problem was a noise problem due to the walls in our room being way too thin. Our late night neighbors were very noisy. The location of the hotel is great for convention attendees.

Room Tip: 9th floor in South Tower
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank You for the great feedback. I look forward to taking very good care of you the next time you are in Fort Worth.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

From the moment we walked in to the Sheraton we were amazed by the treatment we received from the staff. Everyone was very friendly. They asked why we came to Fort Worth and we told them we were celebrating our anniversary. Jose (front desk) sent up fresh fruit and a bottle of wine. The staff greeted us every time we were in the lobby and asked how we were doing. From the woman who checked us in (I am sorry I can't remember her name), to Jose who also was our shuttle drive, Imani (front desk I know I spelled her name wrong), Denise (bartender) they were top notch. I also have to mention Chef Anna , we are vegan and wanted to order room service. Chef Anna spoke to us personally and prepared two amazing vegan pasta dishes. From the first few minutes upon arriving to our last few minutes at check out with Aulethia ( I think I spelled her name wrong too) we were amazed by the staff and knew on our next trip to Fort Worth we will be staying at the Sheraton.

I would have given the hotel 5 stars if we would have had a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

I rated the Spa as average because I am used to changing into a robe before relaxing in the relaxation room and being offered tea, wine etc. I am also used to receiving a foot soak while waiting for services. There were no robes to change into and I was only offered water. The staff was friendly but I like a little more pampering when going to a spa.

You will not be disappointed if you stay in this hotel. One last comment I really have to commend the staff one last time because there were multiple conventions, graduations, weddings and concerts going on in Fort Worth so the hotel was extremely busy but, I felt the hotel still cared about the individual traveler.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 922. Minimal noise could be heard from this room and it had a view of the Fort Wor...
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly you can leave a sign on your door to use a green approach ex. reusing towels and you get points to use for ex. a free coffee.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank You so much for the great feedback.....you won't find a staff that is more committed to your complete satisfaction !! I look forward to your next visit.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel provided me with some of the best service I'd ever seen. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful throughout, from the front desk staff to the bar staff to the club lounge staff. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite and it was a beautiful room. The only thing I would say about this hotel is that it's a little older and the suite, while very nice, was smaller than some suites I've gotten in other hotels. Finally, the bathroom was very small with just a basic tub, something I would have hoped would have been a bit nicer being in a suite.

All in all though, I will definitely stay here again if my work takes me back to Fort Worth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I appreciate the great feedback....Thank You for your loyalty to the Sheraton Brand. I look forward to taking very good care of you the next time you travel to Fort Worth.
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at this property for two nights in May 2014 while attending a conference there. I was sold a double queen bed room for $119 per night. It was stated that this is a conference rate.

The property is located in downtown Fort Worth adjacent to the Convention Center. The exterior of the complex is bland and basically unremarkable.

Parking is available on-site in a garage. Self-parking costs $20 per day while valet service is available for $25 per day. Don’t use either as low cost on-street parking is readily available behind the property. While the spots directly behind the building are low time limited, spots at the edge of the property on 15th Street are free on weekends and also free between 6 PM – 8 AM on weekdays. Ten hours of weekday parking only costs $3.00. I’ll take $3.00 for twenty-four hours of weekday parking over $20 any day, and weekends are free! In short – skip the garage.

The lobby area is expansive and appears to be have been recently remodeled. Staff there consistently present themselves well and routinely greet guests while they walk through the space. This is recognized and appreciated. Check-in was flawless as all documents were correctly prepared prior to my arrival.

Elevator service was speedy with very little wait. Elevator cabs were found to be clean and in good repair.

Interior hallways were found to be clean, well lit and, excepting the well worn carpet, also in good repair. As noted by other reviewers, a musty smell is consistently noted in these spaces. I would assume that this is related to the overall age of the property. This should be a big target for management to attack. It borderlines on unacceptable.

The sleeping room was clean, but obviously worn. This was particularly noticeable in the carpeting and furnishings. They have seen better days. Lamp shades showed some evidence of dry rot cracking, furniture was chipped and worn and carpeting, well I always wore slippers. All electrical devices worked as advertised but there was a void of charging outlets adjacent to the bed and only two spots on the work desk. This is unacceptable to the business traveler arriving with lots of "gadgets". Bedding was of good quality/condition and accurately reflected the price point.

The bathroom was found to be clean and well stocked with amenities typical for the brand. Water pressure was more than adequate and delivery of hot water was speedy.

Conference services exceeded my expectations. Staff were engaged, kept meeting room spaces clean at breaks and generally aimed to please. Buffet food service was above average as compared to similar properties. Food was presented well, replenished frequently and service was attentive. I was more than pleased.

I travel frequently but don’t typically stay at Sheraton/Starwood properties. But given this overall experience I would not shy away from them. Yes, there are room furnishing and hallway carpet problems, but this could be, and should be, easily remedied - and in very short order. Looking at the property from a broader viewpoint, the positives outweigh its challenges by just a bit.

Room Tip: If any rooms are renovated - grab them.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank cburley
Thank You for the extensive review !! You will be happy to know we are scheduled for an 50,000 upgrade to our Wi-Fi system that will deliver 100Mbs of bandwidth for our guests, and a full hotel renovation that we are very excited about. I look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stay in hotels 50+ nights a year. I can say with confidence that this is the worst property I've stayed at in the last 3 years. I've stayed here for easily 20 nights this year. Here is why:

1) the rooms are tired. Dirty carpet. Chipped furniture. Missing towel hook. Missing toilet seat cover. Old ac/heater that wouldn't turn off (not fixed when requested and no response by gm to email post stay). Dirty bathroom on my last stay. Bulbs out.
2) valet is slow - took forever to get the car and when it came back a few times it was covered in snow....I pay 25 a night for valet and they park it outside then make me wait?
3) laundry is never delivered - had to call and ask for it every time
4) Internet is horrible. If you need it, don't bother.

And lastly, things don't get addressed. When you get to your room you get a nice letter from the gm saying how they welcome feedback and want to exceed expectations. Yet why did at least two emails to the gm go unanswered? When I asked the staff about it they said he was away that day - not so....I saw him in the lobby. Most of the staff seem to try, and most are very friendly. But there are far too many fumbles here to ignore.

I stayed here because I had to. But you have a choice....don't do it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gooner_cb21rf
Thank You for your feedback. Please accept my apologies, and I hope you will contact me by phone or email to review your experience, and see what I can do to make the difference.
john Y.